My friends make the cutest babies

by Meghann on November 2, 2012

Okay, I know I might be a bit bias, but I swear my friends make the CUTEST babies!

20121102_173222.jpg

Look at that face. LOOK at that face! Don’t you just want to gobble it?! I could have sat there and stared at baby Lexi for HOURS today. She is perfect in every way.

Hard to believe just a couple of weeks ago she was snug as a bug in her mommy’s belly.

christieandmeghann.jpg

(photo from Christie’s baby shower)

And now she’s here, ready to take over the world.

20121102_173337.jpg

Ahhhh!!! Christie’s a mom! This is weird. So weird. But also exciting and absolutely wonderful in every way. Just a couple of weeks on the job and she’s doing fabulous. In fact, Lexi and I had a long chat today on just how fabulous her mom and dad are, but I think she already knows that.

20121102_172226.jpg

She slept the entire time I was there. All babies are that well behaved all the time, right? 😉

Before I arrived, I sent Christie a quick text asking what her favorite cupcake flavor was. When she said chocolate, I stopped at Sweet! and asked for one of every chocolate-based cupcakes they had.

20121102_162252.jpg

I think the new parents were appreciative of the cupcakes. 🙂

Unfortunately I couldn’t stay long with Lexi or Christie (or Mat!), I only had time for a quick visit before making my way to my parents’ house. My brother, sister, and I are volunteering at Ironman Florida tomorrow in Panama City and have plans to leave the house super early tomorrow morning to make our afternoon shift.

My dad was just pulling dinner out when I walked in the door. He roasted acorn squash and pumpkin

And my mom did a roasted pork tenderloin with an apple and rosemary filling.

Totally hit the spot.

It wouldn’t be Mom and Dad’s without ice cream for dessert.

IMG_3247.JPG IMG_3252.JPG

We have an EARLY wake-up call in the morning, time to SLEEP.

Good night!

1 Brittany @Berries and Barbells November 2, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I want some of that ice cream!!!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Running Faster

2 Carrie @ The Cook's Palette November 2, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Nothing like mom and dad’s home cooking! Have fun volunteering at the race tomorrow!
Carrie @ The Cook’s Palette recently posted..honey toasted pumpkin seeds with orange + thyme

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 3, 2012 at 5:56 am

You’re a girl from my own cupcake-loving heart Meghann — one of every chocolate-based cake?! Epic!! I definitely need to add that order to my Cupcake Bucket List. (Oh, you’d better believe I have one too 😉 ).
Lexi is adorable and just looks so serene! Congrats and best wishes to the whole family!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Pizza With A Yelp-ing Hand!

4 char eats greens November 3, 2012 at 6:35 am

Ahhhh…new little baby 🙂 I’m 2 weeks away from my due date, so obviously scouting out new babies is a must. And you’re right – totally adorable!!! (And you can send me cupcakes too please :))
char eats greens recently posted..thursday things in new november

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

Santa’s White Christmas ice cream!?!? Sounds interesting! And I’m just now getting to the age (25) where my friends are starting to get married, and only one has a baby. SO WEIRD to think that people my age are becoming parents! Haha I don’t feel old enough! Have fun volunteering today!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..November Goals

6 Christine @random runner ramblings November 3, 2012 at 11:23 am

Please share what is in the Santa’s White Christmas ice cream, it sounds incredible. Also, where can I find this interesting treat?
Have fun volunteering!!
Christine @random runner ramblings recently posted..How I spent my Halloween

7 Cher @ Weddicted November 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Your hair looks so voluminous with your friend at the baby shower (I think?) Also what is that ice cream!? Mmm!!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Friday Favourites: Winter wedding

8 Dawn November 3, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Yum! Will your parents adopt me?

9 [email protected] November 4, 2012 at 9:21 am

That roast looks amazing. Im a huge fan of stuffing roasts and chicken breasts etc! Yum!
[email protected] recently posted..My Weekend In One Sentence…..