Hummus Burger

by Meghann on November 2, 2012

Move over ketchup, there’s a new burger condiment in town… hummus.

Random grab from the fridge that totally worked.

And the burger? That was random too. I had left it to defrost in the fridge while I was working at Whole Foods last night, but ended up eating at the hot food bar instead. It’s a grass fed beef patty from La Cense Beef that arrived yesterday afternoon with 8 other individually packaged burgers that were still frozen. As a meal for one, the individual burger made for an easy lunch. I just popped it on the George Foreman with some salt and pepper for seasoning and pulled it off about 10 minutes later when it reached a medium-well looking center.

Paired with the hummus and the wilted spinach you see peeking up from underneath, the burger was mighty tasty. It was nice and lean and had a lot of great flavor to it.

On the side I also had some crisp green beans (am I the only one who prefers green beans raw, cold, and crispy?)

And a pickle from Whole Foods.

The new store pickles their own pickles and I couldn’t resist buying a jar yesterday. They’re slightly sweet and sour and have a bread-and-butter flavor to them even though they were labeled plain ole dill pickles. They were also HUGE (which is why I cut mine into fourths – the fourth piece never made it to camera 😉 ) and very filling. I love a good pickle.

I found this on Facebook today and couldn’t help to laugh.

66256_10151237415281552_220226450_n.jpg

Trade the cat out for a dog and you have my life in a nutshell.

maddieonlap.jpg

*yes I have shorts on in the above photo

Why she thinks that’s comfortable, I’ll never know. 🙂

1 Cara @ I Don't Believe in Diets November 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

great idea on the addition of hummus. nom nom nom.
Cara @ I Don’t Believe in Diets recently posted..October 16, 2012 – Mac N Cheese Habit

2 beka November 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm

haha! That’s so funny. I think I had posted this before today even a year or so ago because of my previous cat Louie was attached to me 100% of the time.
beka recently posted..Time To Be Realistic (Novembers Goals)

3 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution November 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

You MUST try pickled green beans if you prefer them cold. They are To. Die. For!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..On Rest and Recovery Before a Big Race

4 Grace @ Grace Dishes November 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Hummus is my newfound favorite condiment that’s for sure 🙂

Food looks yummy as usual!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Vegas Recap Part 3 (When In Vegas…Surviving the buffet)

5 Yellow Haired Girl November 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I love spreading hummus on burgers and sandwiches! What a great addition!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Happy Halloween!

6 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I love hummus on my burgers. The other day I put some leftover spinach artichoke dip on my burger and it was heavenly.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

7 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride November 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Ha, that’s exactly what my cat used to be like that! I swear he used to think he could type for me and every time I moved him he would then sit ON the keyboard.
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Wedding: One Month until “I DO”

8 Rebecca November 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm

mmmm pickles! I love pickles.

That sounds dirty.

Anyways – I love hummus on my burgers too – makes for a tasty burg!
Rebecca recently posted..If I could live anywhere

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm

HA! That cat infograph is hilarious and SO accurate to my history with my old kitten.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // A Great Week!

10 Annette @FitnessPerks November 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm

MMmm hummus! So good.
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Truths

11 Kathy November 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm

funny…my cat always comes around when I sit at the computer…its rather annoying b/c his hair falls all over the desk then and obviously he is a better door then window…so I immediately plop him on the floor to which he whines a while back at me.

hahaha

12 Simone November 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I much prefer raw green beans too, I put them in almost every one of my salads, such crispy goodness 🙂
Simone recently posted..Pizza, yes please!

13 erica November 2, 2012 at 3:34 pm

hahahaha! that’s my dog too!
although my dog does seem to have a lot of cat-like tendencies!
erica recently posted..november goal

14 Meghann November 2, 2012 at 9:20 pm

So does my dog! Does yours like to sleep on top of the couch too?

15 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I immediately sent that car image to my friend! She has a cat who climbs all over her while she’s trying to work, it’s adorable!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..November Goals

16 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut November 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Ohh I put hummus on everything—looks tasty!

17 Julie November 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I think the point of the cartoon is that as soon as a cat gets what it wants (in this case attenetion) it changes it’s mind (hence the scratched up face). It’s really a cartoon about the fickle nature of cats.

18 Kristina November 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm

So, hummus and no bun?

19 Meghann November 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

We were out of bread. 🙂

20 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm

My dog is larger than Maddie, so she doesn’t try to crawl onto my lap while I’m on a chair, but if I’m on the couch or in bed, she snuggles right up and will place her head on my leg/arm/feet. Although, I don’t really mind — I like the company!! 🙂
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Pizza With A Yelp-ing Hand!

21 Kari November 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

!!! Meg! This has NOTHING to do with this post but I wanted to thank you for your post a while back about how you installed more memory on your Mac. So yeah, you inspired me to do the same, so I placed an order on Amazon and it came today. I watched a youtube video and did it! I had one problem though — apparently, I didn’t put it in far enough, so I had to re-do it, but it WORKED.

From 2GB to 8GB! 8!! This is freakin’ awesome! THANK YOU for showing how easy it was!

22 Meghann November 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Woo hoo! Congrats and enjoy the new memory! Huge difference – right?

23 Peggy November 3, 2012 at 11:29 am

I’m sure the addition of hummus was downright tasty indeed! Can’t wait to try this out next time I have a burger!
Peggy recently posted..Steak Roulade w/ Caramelized Onions, Bacon, & Cheese

24 Oceanside Chiropractor November 6, 2012 at 8:41 am

Nom nom nom, the hummus burger looks so delicious! I’m wondering if hummus is a healthy snack for kids?