November 1st

by Meghann on November 1, 2012

Oh, hey November. Where did you come from?

Screen shot 2012-11-01 at 11.27.13 AM.png

Oye. This month is going to be BUSY. Are you ready for it?

*deep breath*

• Friday night I’m driving to Panama City, where my siblings and I will be volunteering at Ironman Florida all day Saturday
  • Monday morning I’m heading to Miami for Social Mobile Payments America, where I’m working at the event until Thursday.
  • Saturday (11/10) I’ll be getting dirty at Pretty Muddy outside of Tampa
  • The next day (11/11) I’ll be at Disney for the Fantasyland Sneak Preview (SOOOOO excited about this!)
  • 11/18: Women’s Half Marathon in St. Pete
  • 11/22: Thanksgiving in T-ville
  • 11/22-11/25: wedding DIY project weekend at home
  • 11/30: Back to Orlando for my Bachelorette weekend!

And *poof* November will be over just like that. It’s going to be a busy month, but it’s going to be a fun one too.

Before the craziness takes over, Maddie and I ran a decent 5k this morning. After three days in a row of walking, I think she was happy to run. I was happy to run, too. To be honest, recovery from the 70.3 hasn’t been terrible. I would scale it along the same level of pain/soreness as a regular half marathon. I’ve felt worst after full marathons in the soreness department. The three miles this morning felt great, I wish I had time to do more.

After our run, I heated up some apple with cinnamon and topped it with peanut butter and walnuts. (and paired with a leftover cinnamon scone) So. good.

20121101_082229.jpg

Then headed to the salon for a much needed haircut.

haircut1.jpg

I scheduled the appointment early so I could get it out of the way. My hair was getting a little out of control and needed to be tamed in a big way. Stephanie did a great job with the trim and smoothed it out. I can’t tell you how thankful I am that my wedding is almost here and I get to finally chop it all off and donate it (I’ve been growing it out since early 2011, but decided to hold off on donating until after the wedding).

haircut.jpg

Man, I almost forgot what I look like with straight hair. Perhaps I should actually take the time and straighten it more often? Nah… too much effort. πŸ˜‰

I went ahead and scheduled my next appointment for the big cut while I was there – January 16th! Let the countdown begin!

What does your November look like? Any big plans?!

1 Rebecca W. November 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

I’m SOOOOO jealous that you’ll be at the Fantasyland preview! I’ve been dying to go back to Disney since my last trip (May 2011), but I haven’t made it yet. I hope you’ll be reporting back to us with all the details!!

So far, my November isn’t too great (I’m in New York, thankfully unharmed by Sandy, but still affected), and the rest of it looks like it’s going to be filled with thesis-related “fun.” Call me a Debbie Downer, or what! πŸ™‚

2 Lindsay November 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

Wow, what a hair improvement! Looks great now!

And about all of your travel, you should count your lucky stars that you don’t have to do all that in addition to a full-time job. Lucky that you can set your own hours to accommodate all these races and out of town activities!

3 Meghann November 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Part of the travel is for my job. I’ve been working with the Social Mobile Payments conference since March and can’t wait to get down there to help another event come to life next week.

4 Jessica November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

Yeah, you do have a work trip. But I get what Lindsay is saying. Eeverything else is just normal, fun stuff that most people do while working a full time job. It just makes you seem a little out of touch with reality if you consider that month super busy.

5 Tabitha November 2, 2012 at 11:07 am

I have a full time job and blog, but her schedule still seems busy to me… Why are you so judgmental? Telling her she is “out of touch with reality” is just ugly.
Tabitha recently posted..Happy Howl-O-Ween

6 Cara @ I Don't Believe in Diets November 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

wow looks like a booked month. love the hair!
Cara @ I Don’t Believe in Diets recently posted..October 14, 2012 – Plain and Simple

7 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer November 1, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Whoooo for November! It is going to be a CRAZY month. Bring it on! and your hair looks FAB. I wish I took more time to do my hair – it’s short I just don’t do it often… ah well, the perks of working from home.
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..November Goals

8 Reenie November 1, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Busy month for you. Yea for your donating your hair. :~) I like it straight…. but like it more with your natural wave to it.

9 Meghann November 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Thank you, Reenie. I think the natural wave is more “me” anyway πŸ™‚

10 Lauren November 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Love the straight look on you! November is going to be crazy but just think how CLOSE you are getting to your wedding!! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..WIAW: Halloween Edition

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm

That sounds like a very busy november! Mine is equally busy, but more due to school work… ugh. Last year of law school! And can I say one more time how jealous I am of your proximity to Disney World!? Love.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts: Birthday Edition

12 Jean November 1, 2012 at 1:41 pm

You’ve been growing it for almost two years? Wow! Good job for donating it.

No big plans for November, but should be a beautiful month here! And Thanksgiving’s always nice. So are midterms (not)!
Jean recently posted..The Day I Stopped Fearing Winter Driving (and Flattop Fun)

13 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’m sure you’d be adorable regardless of your haircut or style, but I have to admit it looks especially stunning today!! πŸ™‚
My months are always crazy, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that November is a little less so … I need a break! And I don’t even have Thanksgiving to look forward to as I’m Canadian and our holiday already passed!!
However, I am looking forward to the possibilities that November holds!! I’ve been challenging myself a lot lately and I’m feeling confident that it’ll continue!! πŸ˜€
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Thankful Thursday #2 β€” All the Small Things

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Whew! Looks like a busy month for you! I’ve got more than enough travel on my plate as well this month–unless something changes, I expect to be out and about every weekend in November. Yikes! It’s all for good stuff, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be unpacking my suitcase until December haha.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..October Foodie Pen Pals

15 Bethany November 1, 2012 at 2:11 pm

My big month of November includes my birthday and moving to Orlando!
Just curious, because i’m thinking of donating my hair as well, are you letting it get longer then the length needed to donate so that you can have some leftover or will you be super short after the big cut? I think Locks of Love requires 10″ and i’ve got that but there won’t be much left over afterwards so i’m going to let it grow a bit more.

16 Meghann November 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Happy early birthday! I plan on going super short with my hair. I’m donating to Pantene’s Beautiful Lengths, which only requires 8 inches, but I figured I might as well give them as much as I can. I would have cut it way sooner, but I decided to keep it long for the wedding and have been having regular trims to keep it manageable.

17 Annette @FitnessPerks November 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

That is QUITE the month! Wow.

My b-day is this month (woot!) and I am heading to StL to be with fam/holidays (and I can work from there) for 10 days. YESSSSS
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..4 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster

18 Steph November 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I feel the same way! Lots of races this month (including Pretty Muddy too!), vacations, events, book clubs, the list goes on and on. I feel like it’ll be Christmas in a wink! Have fun at Disney! πŸ˜€
Steph recently posted..The All Hallow’s Eve Story

19 Kim November 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Running a few races, going to Disney, Thanksgiving, wedding crafts? Sounds like what most people do on the weekends. Hardly crazy business. Imagine if you had an actual job as well.

20 Meghann November 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Ummm… the races, going to Disney, Thanksgiving, and wedding projects all occur on various weekends in November. Well, technically Thanksgiving is a Thursday, but that’s a holiday so I count it as a weekend and every office job I’ve had for the last 5 years have also dictated the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday, so I’m counting that as one too. In fact, all of the activities listed above are on a weekend EXCEPT Miami next week, which is a conference I will be working at (and have been helping to plan for months now). It’s a paid gig that I’m quite proud to be a part of. It is true that I do not have a standard 9-5 office job, but I do work hard on this blog and all of the projects that are associated with it to support myself with some sort of income. This blog is my job, my freelance gigs are my job, and the demo I’m working tonight for a company I respect is also part of my job. I’m very lucky to have the opportunities that I do and, trust me, I don’t take any of them for granted for a second. So in answer to you question, I do have an actual job and I’d like to thank you for supporting it.

21 Maggie November 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm

You tell her girl! I love this response AND your blog. You are so relatable. Love it! πŸ™‚

22 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife November 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Ours is crazy, too! We are running RnR Half in Savannah this weekend (hubby’s first, my second). Then November 16-17 is my grandma’s 90th birthday in Indiana. And then it’s Thanksgiving in Virginia!! Oh yeah, and we just closed on our house and moved in yesterday. So now we get to unpack!
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Wreathing

23 Jaclyn @ justjac November 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm

you’re hair looks rockin’ but i love you with short hair too and can’t wait to see it chopped! πŸ™‚
Jaclyn @ justjac recently posted..3 states, 2 books, 1 day

24 Lori Gagen November 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Hi there, I have been following your blog now for a few months and am enjoying it…as a fellow FSU alumni I especially enjoy your FSU blogs!!! I also live across the bridge from you in St. Petersburg so it is fun to read about your local adventures. I too will be participating in the Womens 1/2 Marathon Nov
18th..my first and longest run!! Hope I get a chance to meet you and say hello!! Looking forward to the awesome Expo…

25 Meghann November 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi Lori! I hope to see you at the Women’s Half too! Good luck! (and GO NOLES!)

26 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 1, 2012 at 3:00 pm

You definitely have a busy November ahead of you! Thankfully it all looks like fun stuff!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..A Day in the Life

27 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing November 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Wow, you’ve got a lot going on..and your hair looks great! πŸ™‚ Sometimes I miss having longish hair.
Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing recently posted..Finish Strong

28 AmyD November 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Make sure you take time to vote. πŸ™‚
AmyD recently posted..Tarawera Ultramarathon – Part 1

29 Beth (@RunTraveler) November 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Good lord! I thought my October travel schedule was rough. You’ve got that beat by a long shot.

Have fun volunteering at IM Florida!!!
Beth (@RunTraveler) recently posted..Thursday thanks

30 Katie November 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hi there! I have been reading your blog for quite awhile and love it! I just finished grad school and started a healthy living blog too! πŸ™‚

Your month sounds so busy but all very exciting things!! Novemeber always seems to be a busy month! Good luck w/ everything!

31 Beka November 1, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Your month sounds as crazy (if not more) than mine!!! Today I looked at my calendar and had to close my eyes in fear. I have a feeling 2013 will be coming up faster than we want it to!

32 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife November 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm

your hair looks so cute straight! it seems like you have a very busy month! I can’t wait to read about your batchelorette party! (:
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..KLUTCHclub and Giveaway

33 [email protected] November 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm

November for me is packed too. M-F Im at my 9-5er and then the weekends are all jammed- Christmas shopping this Saturday, Finally catching up with girlfriends Sunday, Stocked Market in Roanoke next weekend and the guys have planned a “Beer Bowl” (dont ask) at the brewery downtown where we live, The next weekend I leave for Orlando, Then that Sat we run the “Run For Your Life” Zombie 5k, a week at Disney, Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, driving home that Saturday after Thanksgiving and then a Twilight date with my girlfriends when I get home. Busy but awesome!
[email protected] recently posted..Happy Halloween

34 Laura November 1, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Yay for the new haircut! It looks great! πŸ™‚
Laura recently posted..Reasons to be Fit#

35 ct cupcake November 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

busy, yes, fun, yes. The same as having a 9 to 5 job and doing races? Not so much.
ct cupcake recently posted..one week!

36 Tabitha November 2, 2012 at 11:13 am

I only have two small races this month, but my schedule is pretty packed with training for my first marathon. I am excited for Christmas, and November is the official start to shopping season!

Have a great time volunteering at IM; I would like to find the time to do that.
Tabitha recently posted..Happy Howl-O-Ween

37 Carrie @ The Cook's Palette November 2, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Cute hair! Love the look from the back. I chopped off my hair and donated it after my wedding too. Felt so good!
Carrie @ The Cook’s Palette recently posted..honey toasted pumpkin seeds with orange + thyme

38 Katie November 4, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I’ll be at the Fantasyland preview on the 10th…and probably wandering around MK on the 11th, as well. I’m driving down from Tallahassee for it!