It’s been just over a week since our invitations went out and slowly, but surely, RSVPs have started appearing in our mailbox.
It’s like Christmas every time the postman arrives. 🙂
So far we’ve received 20 replies for a total of 34 yeses. Woo hoo! 🙂
On top of the excitement of finally knowing who’s for sure coming to our wedding, one of the most interesting parts about receiving the responses has been how people choose reply. There are definitely some obvious patterns to it.
Here are a few I’ve noticed:
- Older couples typically reply under the husband’s name as Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, while younger couples list both partners’ names as Mr. John Smith and Mrs. Jane Smith.
- I think friends are more excited to attend our wedding than family because the majority of our responses thus far have come from our friends.
- I’m willing to bet $100 that all of the responses have been completed by the female
- On the flip side, the women also list the man’s name first 8 times out of 10.
- Guests are more eager to reply with “yes” than “no” since we haven’t received one “no” yet (well that or we need to start planning for a larger headcount 😉 )
- Younger couples are also more likely to leave a fun note (which we LOVE reading!)
(p.s. I love my parents)
Did you notice any similar patterns when your RSVPs came in? Did one group of relies stand out over another? Share your RSVP stories below!