more ยป" />

Wedding: RSVP

by Meghann on October 31, 2012

It’s been just over a week since our invitations went out and slowly, but surely, RSVPs have started appearing in our mailbox.

RSVP.jpg

It’s like Christmas every time the postman arrives. ๐Ÿ™‚

So far we’ve received 20 replies for a total of 34 yeses. Woo hoo! ๐Ÿ™‚

On top of the excitement of finally knowing who’s for sure coming to our wedding, one of the most interesting parts about receiving the responses has been how people choose reply. There are definitely some obvious patterns to it.

Here are a few I’ve noticed:

• Older couples typically reply under the husband’s name as Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, while younger couples list both partners’ names as Mr. John Smith and Mrs. Jane Smith.
  • I think friends are more excited to attend our wedding than family because the majority of our responses thus far have come from our friends.
  • I’m willing to bet $100 that all of the responses have been completed by the female
  • On the flip side, the women also list the man’s name first 8 times out of 10.
  • Guests are more eager to reply with “yes” than “no” since we haven’t received one “no” yet (well that or we need to start planning for a larger headcount ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
  • Younger couples are also more likely to leave a fun note (which we LOVE reading!)

384894_10102402249050493_2107672857_n.jpg

(p.s. I love my parents)

Did you notice any similar patterns when your RSVPs came in? Did one group of relies stand out over another? Share your RSVP stories below!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 31, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Hahahaha I love that you sent your parents an invite and they RSVP’d! Too cute.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAWโ€“Last Day as a 24 Year Old

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 31, 2012 at 4:17 pm

And I meant to say but got a little “submit button happy”, You’ll probably get more “no’s” closer to the date since people who can’t go might mull it over and wait to make sure they can’t go, whereas people who know they can are excited to get their “yes” in!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAWโ€“Last Day as a 24 Year Old

3 Jess October 31, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Just got married and the first half was 100% YES’s then the next half was like 60% YES’s!! Thank goodnesss!! We invited 260 and got 200 exactly to show but it was scary there in the beginning!

4 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 31, 2012 at 6:05 pm

haha love that you sent one to your parents! I think it is very interesting the facts that you found out I don’t know if I would ever fill out Mrs. Danielle Reidenbach and Mr. Eric Reidenbach.. I would just put Danielle and Eric Reidenbach. haha is that weird?
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..October Recap

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love getting mail more than ANY other daily activity. So having all the RSVPs rollling back in would have me on cloud-9 … Probably the thing I’m most looking forward to about my (hopeful, eventual, and nowhere close to a blib on the radar yet) wedding!! And if that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..WIAW โ€” Blame Le Boy!!

6 Megan October 31, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Love your RSVPs… they are adorable!

7 Em November 1, 2012 at 6:26 am

The first RSVP we received was from the best man and a separate one from his parents. I talked to his mom later and she said her son insisted they get them in the mail ASAP. ๐Ÿ™‚ He was excited.
I sent my parents and invite too and my dad texted me asking if they needed to mail it back in! Ha!