more ยป" />

Trick or Treat

by Meghann on October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!!

Can you guess what I am?!

IMG_3163.jpg

Yep, I’m a runner. What? I needed to pull together a costume in a day and my whole closet is full of running gear – what’s a girl to do? Plus, it was a good excuse to wear my Miami 70.3 medal just one last time. ;)

I had actually forgot Halloween was tonight when I called Mary yesterday asking if she was free to hang out today. “Tomorrow’s Halloween” “Oh yeah…” She told me her parents’ neighborhood does a little block party for the trick or treaters and invited me along.

IMG_3164.jpg

My future dream house will one day be in a neighborhood full of kids. I grew up in a kid-friendly neighborhood and every Halloween we had trick-or-treaters by the bucket full (and my friends and I were never short of houses to trick or treat at). There aren’t any kids where Derek and I are now, so we don’t have any trick-or-treaters to buy candy or answer the door for. One day we’ll have that dream house, but until then it’s fun to visit other neighborhoods to help hand out candy to their trick-or-treaters.

The neighbors had some snacks set out and I nibbled on pigs-in-a-blanket and sipped on a pumpkinhead beer (I also brought hummus and pita chips to share).

I also had one of Mary’s amazing marshmallow and peanut butter m&m popcorns balls (NEED the recipe for these – so. good.)

We gave some candy away, admired the ADORABLE costumes (my favorite was a two-year old pink little pig who was too cute for words), and eventually ordered pizza for dinner.

I had a slice of each (thai chicken + steak and gorgonzola)

IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3160.JPG

Considering it’s a school night, I couldn’t believe how late some of the trick-or-treaters were staying out – 9:00pm? I was exhausted for them. How late do you usually have trick-or-treaters at your house? Do they go until 9:00 too?

Alright, I’m ready for bed.

Good night!

1 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 31, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I’m jealous – my house doesn’t get any trick or treaters and I am staying home tonight, I have a skeleton bucket full of candy waiting by my front door just in case…but so far there hasn’t been a single kiddo! More candy for me ;)

2 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm

We were always in by 8pm and had the lights out by 8:30 — regardless, there were always those kids who would drop by at 10:30 wanting candy. As if!!
I love seeing little kids in costume — a few of my co-workers are dressing their little ones up, I can’t wait to see the pictures!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..October Foodie Pen Pals!!

3 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm

we have timed trick or treat nights from 6pm-8pm. That pizza looks delicious!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..October Recap

4 Jean October 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm

9:00 p.m. late?! I used to stay out until like 10:30 trick or treating! Of course, now that I’m older and have real responsibilities I don’t really feel like staying up any later than that giving kids candy…

5 Yo Momma Runs October 31, 2012 at 11:57 pm

We went to our last house at 8:45 because my kids wanted to hit up the houses across the street after the church party. I was kind of embarrassed to be knocking on their door so late. But, hey, you’re only a kid once, so I wanted them to live it up.:) Share that recipe if you get it!
Yo Momma Runs recently posted..Taper crazies and Halloween madnesses

6 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 1, 2012 at 7:23 am

Hey, no shame with the runner’s costume. I was so close to dressing up as a backpacker!!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

7 Kristen November 1, 2012 at 7:50 am

My last trick or treater came at 8:00.

I was going to guess you were the “rainbow Bright” character from 80′s cartoon! But you are probably too young to remember, she worn neon clothes that’s all I remember lol!

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 1, 2012 at 8:19 am

I totally agree, I’m s jealous of everyone with trick or treaters!! I want to see all the cute costumes! Haha and 9pm is my bedtime!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts: Birthday Edition

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats November 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

we get TONS of trick or treaters! I love it. My favorite was a little pumpkin. She was about 1 and adorable! Those pizzas look amazing! steak gorgonzola?! Thai? I need these both now.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Pumpkin Pie and Pumking Beer

10 Cher @ Weddicted November 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

My last trick-or-treaters came slightly after 8:30.. I thought it was late, they were a bit older, though.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Black and white wedding inspiration

11 deva at deva by definition November 1, 2012 at 10:03 am

We had a cold and windy halloween so we had very few trick or treaters this year. I’ve heard our neighborhood gets really busy for Halloween, so maybe next year!
deva at deva by definition recently posted..Vlog: The Girl Behind the Blog

12 Emily N November 1, 2012 at 11:10 am

Trick or treat is 6-8 around here. I saw my last trick or treater around 730. :)
Emily N recently posted..Running with No Plan

13 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 1, 2012 at 2:56 pm

The latest we had a trick-or-treater last night was 8:30, but I used to stay out past 9 some years when I was younger! Love Halloween, so much fun!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..A Day in the Life

14 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 1, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Our trick or treating time was from 6-9, but most of the kids were done by about 8:00. I don’t know how they stayed up that late on a school night either!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Goodbye October, Hello November

15 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer November 1, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Thai chicken pizza?! Are you kidding me? I could devour some of that! and great costume! LOL
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..November Goals