Happy Halloween!!

by Meghann on October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Who dressed up for work this morning?

I tried to get a photo of Maddie in her adorable lady bug costume, but she was NOT having it.

“Mom, Iz ready to go in now”

And this is what I got with the collar.

Oh well. To be fair I did take her away from her morning routine of patiently waiting by the bedroom door for Derek to get up . She hates when he sleeps in without her. As soon as I let her back inside, she continued pining at the door, waiting for her morning belly rubs. Such a daddy’s girl.

Maddie and I had some mommy-and-me time on our walk this morning.

We covered just over two miles and I proudly rocked my sexy bike shorts tan lines from Sunday.

tan lines.jpg

I fried up two eggs with salt, pepper, and dried basil.

My first honeycrisp apple of the season on the side.

Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? Did you dress up already? I’m thinking about throwing together a quick costume for a small thing I’m going to tonight – any ideas?

1 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 31, 2012 at 10:28 am

I was thinking about going for the “marathon runner” costume… pull out my old bib and medal, some running tights and shoes… DONE.
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..WIAW: October Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

2 lisa fine October 31, 2012 at 10:31 am

I love how you usually get your workouts done early in the day. It always feels good to know that you’ve already exercised; I need to get back into that! Lately I’ve been feeling lazy about that, but still get my exercise in later in the day.

And yay for walks. One of my favorite forms of exercise.
lisa fine recently posted..walking the kingdom challenge 5k

3 NYC Fit GIrl October 31, 2012 at 10:37 am

Happy Halloween! Nice tan lol! I was planning on dressing up but sadly I am in NYC and Sandy hit us pretty hard so crossfit is closed.
NYC Fit GIrl recently posted..Memories

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 31, 2012 at 10:44 am

Your tan lines ARE sexy!! They’re proof of a job well done and show that you’re a strong and powerfuly lady — that’s pretty freaking sexy in my book!! 😉

I’m terrible at coming up with costume ideas … but worst comes to worst, the Paperbag Princess is always an easy and cute go-to!! Have fun and Happy Halloween to you too!!

5 Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy October 31, 2012 at 10:52 am

Maddie’s collar is so cute!! Have a Happy Halloween :) And I am jealous of the tan lines, I am super white right now!

6 Kristin October 31, 2012 at 11:16 am

I dress up my dogs every year. I blame it on the fact it is because I don’t have kids (yet). This year the four of them are Wizard of Oz! The dogs are really good in the costumes- they are used to my craziness :)
Kristin recently posted..Trick-or-Treat

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 31, 2012 at 11:45 am

Awww, haha I bet the ladybug was so cute on Maddie! We dressed my brother’s dog as a turtle last year, but the costume lasted maybe 2 minutes… She was not having it. I dressed up as a runaway bride for a trail 5K this past weekend, it was absolutely hilarious to run in costume with my friends!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Last Day as a 24 Year Old

8 Jean October 31, 2012 at 11:51 am

I’m not really a dresser-upper, so I’m passing. I’ll be doing my part to eat as much candy as possible, though. I can’t believe it’s still warm enough there to wear shorts like that!
Jean recently posted..Random Shit Tuesday

9 Laura October 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Maddie is so cute! My dogs don’t do super great with the costumes either! But she was an adorable love bug for those few moments. :)
Laura recently posted..North Carolina – Part 3

10 emily October 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I am not dressing up and I feel so lame. But I did buy Webster (my hot dog dog) a hot dog costume!
emily recently posted..Drink Your Chocolate For Halloween

11 Carrie @ The Cook's Palette October 31, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Happy Halloween! I’m sort of envious of your farmer’s tan. I’ll be pasty white for the next 8 months at least! Maybe you could accentuate your farmer’s tan and do some kind of costume with that?
Carrie @ The Cook’s Palette recently posted..honey toasted pumpkin seeds with orange + thyme

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 31, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I almost dressed up as Rosie the Riveter today, but I couldn’t get the costume together in time. It’s a super simple costume though if you need something last minute. You just need a lot of denim and bright red lipstick :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..It’s Kind Of My Thing

13 Annette @FitnessPerks October 31, 2012 at 1:24 pm

YAY for Honey Crisps. YUMM!

I dressed up as an angel on Sat-threw on a white robe/sheet, added a sparkly headband and some eyeshadow, and called it good.

Happy Halloween!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Best and Worst Halloween Candy

14 Simone October 31, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I wish I could dress up this year but I work alone and that would be more than a touch odd… halloween party for 1 :)
Simone recently posted..Fall is here

15 Kathy October 31, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Yes..nice tan lines…ha!

I wore the “peace loving 70’s chic” attire to work with the kiddos at the Y this morning….the peace glasses were the best…the kids enjoyed it.

16 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 31, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I have such bad capri tan lines from my running pants! Oh well – I rock them with pride! Maddie looks adorable, nothing like a little pup in a cute outfit.

17 Lindsay Simone @ The Life Muse October 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I can’t believe I’m giving my secrets away, but my go-to halloween costume for last minute parties is to wear my normal clothes and then make a sign to wear around my neck that says: nudist on strike! Not only is it super easy and an original costume, but it doesn’t cost any money either! Win-win!

18 Meghann October 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm

haha LOVE it!

19 Cher @ Weddicted October 31, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hippy! Super easy to do :) Google!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Black and white wedding inspiration

20 Cher @ Weddicted October 31, 2012 at 3:49 pm

wow.. hippie* lol
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Black and white wedding inspiration

21 Katie @ running4cupcakes October 31, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Oh Maddie is so so so cute!!! Love her collar detail too.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Foodie Pen Pal: October 2012

22 Andi October 31, 2012 at 5:24 pm

What shoes are those? I like :)

23 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 31, 2012 at 6:25 pm

AWWW that outfit and collar are soo cute! I love dressing up my dogs!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..October Recap

24 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 31, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Love a dog in a costume!!!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Happy Halloween