more ยป" />

70.3 or Bust

by Meghann on October 27, 2012

Hello from the road!

image

Talk about a beautiful day for a drive! Let’s hope this weather holds up for race day tomorrow. There was some concern this week regarding Hurricane Sandy and the race but she should be past Miami by now. The current forecast for tomorrow morning is sunny with some wind (which should make that bike ride and swim real fun).
There was a nice chill air when we left and I made a pumpkin smoothie for the road.

image

We also stopped at Chick Fil A around Port Chalotte and I had an order of chicken minis.

image

Derek putting me in charge of the iPod = I’ve been serenading him with Disney music the last hour.

image

Shhh… don’t tell, but he totally loves it too. We do a mean Whole New World duet we’re debating taking on the road. ;)
Alright, next stop Miami (or maybe Dunkin Donuts? ;))
70.3 or bust!

image

P.s.I wrote this whole post on my WordPress App, so if the it looks wonky, you know why.

1 Chelsea October 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Do you not feel conflicted or bad buying from Chik Fil A?

2 Meghann October 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Conflicted. The truth is I did avoid Chik Fil A because I don’t support what he had to say, but I also believe he had a right to say it (no matter how messed up his words were). I also forgot when I ate there this morning.

3 J October 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm

You can always make up for it by voting! Especially since you live in FL.

4 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm

It does look like a beautiful day! Have fun and good luck!

5 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Have fun road tripping down to Miami! And Dunkin donuts sounds like the perfect way to get some extra glycogen!

6 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 27, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Good Luck!! I’ve never been to Dunkin Donuts…tragedy, I know.

7 Kim October 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Before everyone jumps on Meghann for eating at Chik-Fil-A, remember that speech is an American right. Meghann is amazing for letting us into her life, and she doesn’t have to share these details with us. Just because she pops into a Chik-Fil-A on a roadtrip, doesn’t mean she’s making a political statement. Regardless of your stance on equal rights, it’s merely a restaurant.

8 Angie October 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I agree with this. It’s her right to eat wherever she wants! :)

9 Allison October 28, 2012 at 10:53 am

Well, it’s a restaurant that donates a TON of its profits to actively fighting against me being able to get married, visit my partner in the hospital, etc. So it’s not really “merely a restaurant.” That said, I can’t fault Meghann for her explanation above. But in a time in our country’s history when corporations get to have as much if not more say over the direction of public policy than do actual voters, it’s important to remember that the personal is political.

10 amyt October 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

It’s still freedom and choice – we are in America. There are other enterprises that give their money away to places that I don’t agree with – but it’s their RIGHT to do it. If I agree or disagree with them it doesn’t matter – they had a right to speak their mind….just like other companies have the right – it’s their money and their freedom.

11 Allison October 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Who said it wasn’t freedom of choice? Did I ask for it to shut down? Did anyone on here ask for it to shut down? All I saw anyone on here saying was, “If you support gay rights, you can make a better choice than to go to Chick-Fil-A.” But at the end of the day, this has been framed around choice. Additionally, it’s easy to harp on about “freedom” when it is not your rights (i.e. FREEDOMS) that are in jeopardy.

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I’m impressed with the post on the app. I did one post on the app and it turned out way jumbled. Good luck tomorrow! I’m jealous you’re gonna be in my home town, mostly bc I’ve been craving some Chicken Kitchen lately :)

13 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 27, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Good luck!!! The post looks awesome. I’m impressed with the wordpress app.

14 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 27, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Looking at the pictures of your weather there makes me even more upset about our racing weather here tomorrow morning — 10km race (so not too long!) in pouring rain, high winds, and barely above freezing!!
Good luck!! I’ll be cheering you on telepathically — hope the hurricane running its way between us doesn’t interfere with the reception! ;)

15 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Ahh, it’s coming! Kick butt tomorrow, Meghann!

16 Justjac October 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Nope, working fine!

Good luck tomorrow!

17 Diana October 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Good luck tomorrow!

18 Melissa October 27, 2012 at 5:45 pm

You’re inspiring. The Ironman championships are on NBC right now and I can’t believe how amazing people that can swim, bike, and run all in a row are. Good luck!

19 kate October 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

yayyyyyyyy good luck! can’t wait to hear all about it

20 Caileigh October 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I notice you always use the reusable straw that comes with your tumblers with your smoothies. I’ve done that a few times too, but always have the hardest time getting them clean. How do you keep yours clean?

21 Meghann October 28, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I usually rinse them with the faucet, then run them through the dishwasher. :)