Gearing Up

by Meghann on October 26, 2012

Remember this bag because if you bring it home, I promise it won’t last long. ;)

b543fbac1ee811e2a63622000a1d0343_7.jpg

The kettlecorn was part of the Whole Trade gift basket Whole Foods Market sent me a couple of weeks ago and I finally got around to opening it yesterday afternoon. I had a handful “just to taste” and found myself going back for several more handfuls because it was so delicious. Somehow I managed to walk away yesterday(I had a Yelp party to get to!), but there was nothing stopping me today. I finished off the bag this afternoon without a problem. That was some GOOD popcorn.

Dinner tonight was lighter on the carbs than I would have liked (though I’d like to think I for my carb fill with the obscene amount of popcorn consumed ;) ).

Derek was in charge of the chicken tenders. He double dipped the tenders in a flour/panko breading, then baked at 375 for 15 minutes.

I took over the veggies with cauliflower I steamed, then lightly mashed with butter, salt, and pepper.

And steamed green beans.

Dessert came from last night’s goodie bag.

Chocolate macadamia nut clusters

I had two.

ahhhh-mazing

My gear is all lined up and ready to go!

I used my previous “How to pack for a half ironman” post as a reference and created a checklist separated by sport.

I need to pick up a race belt at the expo, but besides that I think I’m ready to go. We leave for Miami in the morning!

Good Night !

1 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 27, 2012 at 12:00 am

Good luck in Miami!!!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Basketball and Alone Time

2 Jean October 27, 2012 at 12:35 am

Good luck! Kill it.
Jean recently posted..Friday Round-Up & Weekend Plans

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 27, 2012 at 4:49 am

Can’t believe the time is finally here!! Enjoy every stroke/pedal/stride — no expectations! We’ll all be cheering you on!! :)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Freaky Friday

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 27, 2012 at 6:55 am

Good luck, girl!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..NaNoWriMo

5 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 27, 2012 at 6:58 am

Ahhh, so exciting, Meghann–have a great race and leave it all on the course! We’re all rooting for you! :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..NYC Biking Breakthrough and Blackened Tofu

6 Robin October 27, 2012 at 7:58 am

Good luck at your race, so excited to read about it.
Robin recently posted..Race Recap of Runner’s World Half Marathon 2012

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 27, 2012 at 8:07 am

So exciting, good luck! And I know what you mean about that popcorn! We had it last christmas and the only thing that kept me from polishing it off immediately was that my family wanted to eat it too!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday Blog Love

8 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 27, 2012 at 10:05 am

Good Luck!!!!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Paranormal Activity….And Chicken Tacos

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Good luck today!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Restaurant Rules.

10 Lauren @ Part Time House Wife October 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

Good luck!!!!
I made some chicken tenders yesterday too! Yumm yumm
Lauren @ Part Time House Wife recently posted..Lower Body Supersets ~ Sweaty Saturdays

11 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Oh man I discovered that kettlecorn last year and seriously, it is addictive stuff! So incredibly delicious
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Special Delivery