more ยป" />

Friday Fun: Where are they now?

by Meghann on October 26, 2012

Happy Friday!

I thought I would have a little Friday fun, by doing a “Where are they now” for a few of my favorite shows. Feel free to add your own theories on what happened, or another show you want to fill in.

Friends (1993 – 2004)

362942-bigthumbnail.jpg

Where they left off: Monica and Chandler had just adopted twins and were moving out of the city. Rachel gave up a job opportunity in Paris to stay in New York with Ross. Pheobe and Mike decided to start trying for a baby. Joey stayed Joey (in this scenario I’m going to pretend that whole “Joey” show never happened. mmmkay)

large_Friends-Finale-453.jpg

Where are they now: Almost 10 years have passed since all of the Friends said good bye to Monica and Chandler’s famous apartment. Since then Monica and Chandler have been enjoying life outside the city. The twins are thriving at private school and Monica finally found her passion as a PTA-obssesed stay-at-home mom who caters casually on the side. Chandler found his calling in advertising and has a knack for campaign one-liners. He’s also thriving in the world of social media and writes a mildly successful blog about life in the suburbs. Rachel and Ross decided to elope in 2006 after two attempts of wedding planning went awry. They still live in the city with Emma and recently attended Ben’s high school graduation ceremony. Pheobe and Mike are traveling the world after deciding to visit the birth countries of their adopted daughters, Regina and Phalange, and brought along their other children, Drake, Sunshine, and Mike Jr, for the adventure. Joey found love on the set of Days of Our Lives and is patiently awaiting the birth of his baby girl this December.

Gilmore Girls (2000 – 2007)

Gilmore_girls_cast.jpg

Where they left off: After graduating from Yale, Rory accepted a position with an online magazine who invited her to travel with other journalists covering Barack Obama’s presidential campaign and his bid for the Democratic Party nomination. Lorelai stayed in Stars Hollow, where it’s uncertain what the future held for her and Luke.

gilmore-girls52.jpg

Where are they now: Thanks to her must-read coverage of President Obama’s successful campaign run, Rory made a name for herself in the online news world and found her niche accordingly. Today she’s a top contributor for Huffington Post and Mashable, and freelances occasionally for New York Times and The Post. She lives in NYC and is currently single. Lorelai and Luke worked things out and had a small, quiet wedding in 2010 after Lorelai discovered she was pregnant. They are currently living happily ever after in Stars Hollow.

Felicity (1998 – 2003)

4group1.jpg

Where they left off: If we pretend those *bonus* episodes never happened… Felicity just moved back to Palo Alto for medical school and Ben followed her.

felicity-flippertrivia.jpg

Where are they now: Ben re-proposed a year after the two of them moved back to Palo Alto. They planned a small, intimate ceremony a few months later and were able to match for their residency at a local hospital – Felicity pursued gynecology while Ben decided to become a general practitioner. Noel runs a successful graphic design company in New York City. He married one of his original hires a few years ago and they have two kids. Megan and Sean are still happily married and live in the suburbs of NYC where they’re raising their 4 kids.

What do you think? Is that what you pictured? What are some other “where are they now” scenarios you have?

Today’s lunch!

Black olive, cheddar cheese, over-medium eggs, and mashed avocado on toast.

Who needs butter when you have avocado? YUM!

Happy Friday!

1 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution October 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Oh, I LOVE Gilmore Girls sooo much! I have all the seasons on DVD! I love your interpretation of where they are now. Perfect.

2 Colleen October 26, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I love your ‘where are they now’ for Friends and Gilmore Girls! I miss those two shows. I never watched Felicity.

3 Nikki October 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Hahaha I loved this! Three of my all time fav shows!

4 Dione October 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I loved Felicity and agree…those “bonus” episodes were lame. Your ending was much better!

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm

If I had to write a Chandler and Monica “Where are they now?” I swear it would be identical!!
Picture in your mind, for a second, Monica trying to organize a PTA bake sale — priceless! And in my mind, older Phoebe has more of a russet-y hair colour … is that weird? And I think that Emma would be the cutest little fashionista science nerd known to mankind — breaking down all sorts of walls that say that nerds can’t be cool. I can dream, can’t I? ;)
The possibilities are endless!!!!

6 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 26, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Baha I loved this. I think you are dead on with Friends. But in my mind they are still chilling at Central Perk. Random fact: I have watched every episode of Gilmore Girls (most several times)…except the finale. Somehow I missed it and never got around to watching it and got to the point where I just figured oh well. So thanks for the way over due recap lol

7 anna October 26, 2012 at 5:32 pm

What a fun post!! As a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan and even more so a Luke & Lorelai fan, I love your “Now” bit for them!! I must admit I have been hoping for a Gilmore Girl’s movie just so it could end properly. The last season made me mad and I can’t believe it ended with Luke & Lorelai in limbo. It’s clear from the 1st episode they are meant to be and I’m gonna keep on believing that they were ;)

8 Laura October 26, 2012 at 5:58 pm

In my head, though, Rory got back together with Logan. Matt Czuchry said that he was confirmed to return for season 8, but then the show was cancelled. So that storyline obviously wasn’t over. And I was a huge Lorelai/Luke shipper for a long time, but I totally went off him after his character assassination in season 6. Gilmore Girls remains one of my favourite ever shows, but the one thing I do dislike about it is the blatant manipulation by the writers. When we’re supposed to be pro-Luke, Christopher was written to behave like an ass-hat. And then to create the new drama with Christopher in the final season, Luke did a total 180 and became an emotionally distant, secretive asshole. Looking back on it, I kind of think *ducks items thrown by Lorelai/Luke shippers* that Lorelai and Christopher kind of WERE better suited. They were both a bit immature in a lot of ways, but also had the same fun-loving, joke-cracking personality.

9 Laura October 26, 2012 at 5:59 pm

And I SOOO wish they would do a one-off TV movie to wrap things up properly! Although only if they could get all of the major characters, which might be difficult now that Lauren Graham, Melissa McCarthy and Matt Czuchry have all achieved fairly high levels of success with other shows/movies.

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 26, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Ahhh now I miss gilmore girls! I wish it never ended!

11 Kari October 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm

You know what? I never could get “into” any of these shows (yes, that includes Friends). I feel so left out, LOL!

12 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 27, 2012 at 12:23 am

You wrote Friends exactly as I pictured it would be!! Such a clever idea.

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

I’m currently watching Friends as I type. I think they need to do a reunion show. For real.

14 Rebecca October 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

OH man – thanks for making me miss Gilmore Girls even more! Can’t believe it has been 5 years since the show ended! But at least I still get my Lauren Graham and Melissa McCarthy fix from time to time.

I personally didn’t really like how the whole show ended – I wanted to see more! I have the whole series on DVD and still watch the show from time to time. I miss Kirk!!

Friends was a great show – one of the best comedies of the 1990′s/2000′s for sure. Every time I watch a rerun I am reminded about how great of a show it was. Very well written: funny, smart and you can still watch reruns without feeling bored.

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 27, 2012 at 11:06 am

I like all those theories except one. Can rory and Logan please reunite?

16 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Loving your taste in television! I’ve been wanting to re-watch felicity (as an adult now) on Netflix…and I’ve seen every single friends episode at least oh, 3 or 4 times each. Best show ever.

17 Beth WA October 28, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I love your Friends’ synopsis! So perfect.

18 Taylor October 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I just now read this post so I know my response is delayed, but I loveee Gilmore Girls! Yes, love (not loved), because I still watch it all the time. I agree with your ending except in my mind Rory got back together with Jess!! I loved Logan but Jess and Rory always seemed perfect for one another, especially after he started writing & publishing.