more ยป" />

A Big Check Mark

by Meghann on October 25, 2012

Look what I found in our mailbox today…

RSVP.jpg

Our first round of RSVPs! All with a big check mark (or X) on the yes! box. That’s 9 confirmed, with 191 more responses to go! (we invited 200, but are hoping for 150 :) ).

(pssst…. invitation post is going up on Tuesday on the wedding page!)

I’m helping coordinate the Social Mobile Payments conference in a couple of weeks (remember when I worked with them in April?) so a good chunk of my morning was spent reviewing catering menus and coming up with a food spread for the two-day event. Want to work up an appetite? Stare at food menus for a couple of hours, that will get the mouth salivating!

I broke for lunch around noon and reheated some of last night’s meatloaf leftovers.

One open-faced meatloaf sandwich on wheat toast with extra ketchup.

On the side, crispy green beans.

Alright, back to menu planning and budgeting. :)

Random questions: What’s the best meal you’ve ever had at a conference/ work event?

1 Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run October 25, 2012 at 3:18 pm

RSVPs are so much fun!!

2 Kathy October 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I just had to laugh when I read (hoping for 150)

You are too honest…..hopefully, not all the peeps you invited read your blog so they don’t start to wonder if they are the ones you hope can’t come. hahaha!! Or that you won’t be disappointed that they can’t. ;-)

3 Meghann October 25, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I only inserted that little tidbit because if I didn’t I would get a lot of people telling me not to expect everyone to RSVP yes. :) Also, there are plenty of people we already know that won’t be able to make it for this reason or that, but we sent them an invite to let them know we love them anyway and they’re welcomed if their plans change.

4 natalie @ will jog for food October 25, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Yay! Getting RSVPs is so exciting!

I got alot at the beginning, then it slowed down alot. We had to call people at the end…all the people that didn’t send one in were no’s. Also, if you invite a boy (without a serious gf) as the main guest, you might have a harder time getting the RSVP back, haha. ;)

5 Meghann October 25, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Yes, I’m prepared to make calls! And I can tell that the invites we’ve received so far were definitely completely by the female and not the male. :)

6 Andrea October 25, 2012 at 3:33 pm

We only invited about 15 more than we could comfortably fit, and ended up having 20 no’s, but every single one of them was at the very end, and many I had to contact past the RSVP date to see if they were actually coming. For us, everyone who didn’t adhere to the RSVP deadline, wasn’t planning on coming anyway (but also didn’t feel it was necessary to let us know…)

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 25, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Haha HEALTHY LIVING SUMMIT! There was some vegan lentil dish during lunch on Saturday that was so good! And gluten free naan basically made my life.

8 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 25, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I like non pasta items at work/conference meals. Something chicken based with decent side options is always a hit.Ive always secretly hoped for a comfort food combo like soup and grilled cheese but no such luck. The best thing I ever got my hands on was a make your own yogurt/fruit/granola breakfast option. Rare conference gem! :)

9 Carissa @Fit2Flex October 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Yeah! How exciting! We invited about 120 and had 99…one person cancelled DAY OF! Pain in my butt! haha!

10 Laura October 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Mmm.. green beans :) Congrats on getting some RSVPs back!

11 Jean October 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Salmon anything!

12 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 25, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Can’t wait to make this meatloaf! I probably haven’t eaten it in at least 10 years, but it looks too good (and easy) not to try it!

13 Colleen October 25, 2012 at 9:31 pm

A baked potatoe and topping bar. It was perfect with a side salad and cup of soap.

14 Michelle October 25, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Best food at a work event… wow. Nothing comes to mind. That’s pretty sad.

15 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 25, 2012 at 10:57 pm

How exciting! We’re inviting around 80 people to our wedding, and we are sending out our save-the-date cards in about 3 weeks. I can’t wait to get them!

16 Carrie @ The Cook's Palette October 26, 2012 at 1:37 am

“Want to work up an appetite? Stare at food menus for a couple of hours, that will get the mouth salivating!”

This made me laugh because I’m a dietitian…I talk about food all day long. I’ve gotten used to it now, but there are times when it can certainly get your appetite going! As it gets closer to the lunch hour, I think I get more passion in my voice when I talk to people about meal ideas. :)

17 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 26, 2012 at 10:33 am

Your invitations are so fun! Love them.

18 Lee October 27, 2012 at 8:06 am

Receiving the RSVPs is so fun. I think we invited maybe 170 people and 130 came, so you should be good.