Stretch it out

by Meghann on October 24, 2012

Good morning!

I woke up needing a good stretch and Maddie needed a good walk (it’s safe to say she has fully recovered from her busy weekend, she was bouncing off the walls full of energy this morning!). So we tackled a walk together first (covering a little more than a mile and a half), then I got my stretch on with the 20 minute Yoga for Runners podcast from YogaDownload.com. My legs were TIGHT. I’m definitely in need of a little more yoga in my life, and perhaps a post-race massage? ;)

Eggs, the breakfast of champions.

I’ve really been digging omelets with avocado lately. It’s a great mix of protein and healthy fats, which also makes it very filling. I ended up adding a spoonful of salsa to the omelet after the photo was taken to take the yumminess factor from an 8 to a 10. :)

An extra-ripe pear on the side to complete the meal.

The plan for the rest of the week is to take it easy before Miami. I’ll do a bike ride and light run to loosen up my legs, but that’s pretty much it. Last night’s heavy leg and shoulder swim workout was probably a little more than I should have done, but my coach gave me the all clear and I trust his opinion. On another note I accidentally left my goggles at practice and need to remember to get them before I leave on Saturday. I’m not sure how fun it would be to show up on race day without them. I’ve had nightmares that involve that situation and I always wake up in a panicked sweat afterwards. Gulp.

Have you ever forgotten anything big on race day?

I’ve forgotten to charge my Garmin or my iPod before hand, but I can’t say I’ve ever left anything behind. *knock on wood*

1 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 24, 2012 at 10:01 am

Aren’t extra ripe pears THE BEST?!
Biggest thing I’ve ever forgotten to do before my race was check where the starting line was … I knew approximately the race loop, but I wasn’t sure where to go from the registration tent or in which direction to line up once I eventually found it. Needless to say, I felt very silly asking a lot of simple questions, but it’s a good thing I did. They’ll never remember me anyway, right? ;)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

2 Kate October 24, 2012 at 10:23 am

When I ran my first half-marathon, I forgot my watch! I flipped out at the start but it ended up being a blessing in disguise!
Kate recently posted..Oh hey!

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

I like to make a list before a big race, that way I can go over it in the morning when my mind is a little more scrambled!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Busy Sunday

4 Laura October 24, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’ve definitely forgotten to charge the Garmin a time or two. I always take it as a sign to relax, lol. :) Your breakfast looks yummy!
Laura recently posted..Best of Key West – Part 2

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 24, 2012 at 10:46 am

Your eggs are always so pretty! Definitely a blog photo win!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I See A Theme Developing!

6 lisa fine October 24, 2012 at 10:57 am

I’ve never forgotten anything for a race before, but traveling to races definitely makes it more challenging to remember everything. I’ve been known to keep an Excel spreadsheet with my list, and I print it out the day before while packing.

I didn’t forget my fuel, but the last race I ran I was running quite late, and didn’t have time to grab my Swedish Fish (favorite running fuel) from my bag, and definitely had less energy during the run. Oh well.
lisa fine recently posted..hiking mount mansfield via the toll road

7 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 24, 2012 at 10:59 am

I’ve only done one race but luckily I didn’t forget anything!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Pumpkin Walk & What I ate Wednesday

8 Rachel Wilkerson October 24, 2012 at 11:28 am

Love the podcasts from YogaDownload.com! They are so convenient!
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Operation: This is why we can’t have nice things + My fantasy football wedding [Freelance Articles]

9 deva at deva by definition October 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

I’ve done a handful of races and knock on wood haven’t forgotten anything yet, but my race packet recently didn’t have anything in it to attach the timing chip to my shoe! Fortunately they had zip ties at the race start.
deva at deva by definition recently posted..My Current Top 5 Beauty Products

10 Annette @FitnessPerks October 24, 2012 at 11:49 am

I love extra ripe pears….but not as much as my husband does! love that guy.

I’ve never forgotten anything for a race, actually. I am a crazy list person, so I have it all written down, check it twice, and then my husband checks it for me. Yep, we rock ;)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Why Being Judgmental Is Futile

11 Lindsay October 24, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’ve never forgotten anything, but have definitely had nightmares where I’ve forgotten my sneakers and same thing– I’ve woken up in a panic.*shudder*
Lindsay recently posted..Mid-Week Slump

12 Beth October 24, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Good luck Meghann! I’ll be out there cheering so I’ll look for you. :)
Beth recently posted..Master’s Swim Meet Report

13 Robyn October 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I LOVE the 20 minute yoga download for runners! It’s actually the first yoga podcast I EVER did 6 years ago. Good luck in Miami!!! You are going to rock it :)

14 Melissa October 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I’ve been obsessed w/ eggs too lately. Well, egg beaters anyway. I can’t stomach a “real” egg, lol. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms mixed in, topped with Jack’s salsa. mmmmm!

15 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Ripe pears, omelettes, salsa, avocado…you have a lot of my favorite things packed into one meal!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Curious About Kale?

16 Emily N October 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm

YOU GOT THIS! :)
Emily N recently posted..Just Couldn’t Stay Away

17 Jean October 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I totally forgot pants when I ran a half in Annapolis last fall! Fortunately I had brought shorts so that was something, but it was freezing out!
Jean recently posted..Random Shit Tuesday

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 24, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m definitely in need of a good massage soon! It sounds like the perfect present for yourself after the race. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW # 7–Send in the Candy Corn.

19 Caitlin October 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I absolutely LOVE adding avocado to eggs. I don’t usually have avocado on hand, but when I need it for a recipe I always save some to throw in a scramble. Great combo. I’ve just been adding whatever veggies I have and don’t want to waste in my fridge (spinach, bell pepper, zucchini), veggie sausage, and cheese crumbles- goat cheese is my favorite if I have it.

20 Sarahf October 25, 2012 at 1:14 am

I forgot my running shows once. Te race was 3 hours from home. Luckily, my adorable roommates drove up with them that night! Thy ad stars!
Sarahf recently posted..So unfair