Photoshop Fun

by Meghann on October 24, 2012

I had way too much fun with photoshop tonight.

PumpkinPieSmoothie.jpg

I was actually working on some DIY projects for the wedding (I promise to share them when I’m done!) and wanted to keep the momentum going. I’m terrible at photoshop and graphic design (I really should take a class to brush up on my lack of skills, I’m pretty helpless in the design department), but lately I’ve been digging the new trend of using a fun font to make anything work. As long as you have a fun font, you’re good. :)

Oh, and the Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie was my delicious snack this afternoon. I had a request for measurements for the smoothie, but the best advice I can give is to go by feel. Start with a handful of ice on the bottom of the blender (always start with the ice on the bottom since it takes the longest to break up), add about 1/3 of a 16-oz can of pumpkin (I use generic Publix brand), go heavy on the pumpkin spice (I like to lay it on thick since I like a lot of spice in the smoothie), a generous spoonful of peanut butter (feel free to lick the spoon or dive in for another spoonful for direct consumption), 1/2 an individual container of plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use the scoop that came in the container), and start by pouring enough milk to cover everything (you’ll see it rise up the edge), then continue adding milk as you blend until you get the texture you want (I add almost as much milk as I started with by the time I’m done to get the semi-thick smoothie I’m after).

IMG_2691.jpg

I’d say smoothies are an art that just take time and practice to get it right. I’ve had lots of trial and error in the smoothie department over the years. LOTS. (most of which involve trying to follow recipes from magazines that just weren’t working – live and learn). :)

Tonight’s dinner:

5ingredientmeatloaf.jpg

What? Why stop at one? I was on a photoshop roll! ;)

I LOVE meatloaf, not only because it’s super tasty, but because it’s super easy to make. Tonight’s meatloaf had 5 ingredients: 1lb of lean ground beef, 1/2 cup rolled oats, lots of garlic salt, 1 egg, and lots of ketchup. I started with the beef, added the rolled oats and egg, seasoned with garlic salt, and drizzled lots of ketchup directly in the bowl. I mixed everything together with my hands to formed a loaf that went in a cake pan (and drizzled with MORE ketchup) then into the 375 preheated oven for 30 minutes.

I wouldn’t say it’s the prettiest meal ever, but it gets the job done. ;)

I added some asparagus to the oven during the last 10 minutes to roast

Dinner time!

I think the best part about the meal was that Derek and I made it together and spent the 30 minutes while the meatloaf was baking talking about our day (while he did the dishes and I did laundry – tag teaming chores!). Love that. :)

Alright, time to walk away from photoshop, make a cup of tea, and settle into bed.

Good Night!

1 Kristin October 24, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I’m still working on my Photoshop skills! Orange County Library offers free online Photoshop classes. Even if you aren’t an Orange Cty resident any more, it’s a minimal fee to take them and they are worth it!
Kristin recently posted..Sunday Funday at the Magic Kingdom

2 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 24, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves grilled asparagus!! It’s the only way I’ll eat it. SO delicious!!
I’m enjoying the pictures too — super fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself!! It’s the small things in life sometimes. ;)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Every Little Thing …

3 Stacey October 24, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Too funny- I just put meatloaf and asparagus on the menu for dinner tomorrow night:)

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 24, 2012 at 10:55 pm

You guys are adorable together and absolutely love that you made dinner together. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday / Something New to Try

5 Jean October 24, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Meatloaf is so weird-it always grosses me out but it’s actually ridiculously good!
Jean recently posted..Flattop Redemption

6 Laura October 25, 2012 at 12:00 am

What font is that on the right of the pumpkin smoothie graphic (the ingredients list)? :)

7 Meghann October 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

It’s “My Own Topher”

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 25, 2012 at 7:15 am

The smoothie and the meatloaf look great! I love the graphics :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Recap: Our Reception!…

9 Lauren October 25, 2012 at 7:35 am

Photoshop sucks you in! I swear, I could spend over an hour editing one picture. I’m not that great either but self-taught. There are so many great tutorials online, it’s just a matter of finding time to learn all of the tricks.
Lauren recently posted..Thai Fake-Out: Red Curry Tofu Stir Fry

10 Cher @ Weddicted October 25, 2012 at 7:45 am

I’m pretty sure I was better at photoshop when I was 12 than I am now. So sad.

That smoothie sounds delish!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid looks under $500.00

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 25, 2012 at 7:45 am

your meatloaf looks great! And I spend waaaaay too much time either on picmonkey or in paint because in paint I can photoshop people into pictures! Haha very old school but it works!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

12 Alison October 25, 2012 at 8:51 am

I love meatloaf! I had it for the first time last year… it was never something we eat growing up – I’m really not sure why? I always add a hot Italian Sausage (no casing) or 2 to my mix… adds a great kick. With the fall starting I think it’s time to make it again…

13 Meghann October 25, 2012 at 8:54 am

Awesome idea on the sausage! I never really had meatloaf growing up either. It was a meal I learned to make in college and fell in love with it. I used to make individual portions of meatloaf using pre-packaged hamburger patties – I had it down to a science! :)

14 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 25, 2012 at 8:58 am

I just received some pumpkin protein powder in the mail, so I’m going to have to try a version of that smoothie!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Developing a Triathlon Off-Season Workout Plan, Part 2

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 25, 2012 at 9:06 am

I’m a big fan of meatloaf too. We usually make a BBQ meatloaf that is awesome. It’s my husband’s favorite meal!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Creature of Habit

16 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife October 25, 2012 at 9:22 am

my mom puts velveta cheese in her meatloaf.. it is soooo gooodddd. i posted the recipe on my blog. its definitely not healthy though! that smoothie also looks yummy!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..CSI Miami Heat Wave

17 deva at deva by definition October 25, 2012 at 10:01 am

I love meatloaf – it’s such a quick and easy dinner! I make mini meatloaves because they cook a bit faster :-).
deva at deva by definition recently posted..Dressing like an Adult

18 Only Mary October 25, 2012 at 10:34 am

Great!! I like the font. (and the aspergus :) )

19 Emily N October 25, 2012 at 11:14 am

thank you for inspiring a super easy dinner for tonight. i was out of ideas!
Emily N recently posted..Easing Back into my Comfort Zone

20 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 25, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I’ve been craving a pumpkin pie smoothie…your’s sounds really good. I love the idea for the 5-ingredient meatloaf. I’m definitely going to have to give this a try.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..A Game of True or False

21 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 25, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Your smoothie looks (and sounds) so good! Would a banana work in place of Greek yogurt, you think? I would imagine that pumpkin + banana would be a nice combo, but a lot of pumpkin smoothie recipes I’ve seen don’t include one. Hmmm…perhaps this will be my next kitchen science project?? Your dinner looks delish, too—pinning now!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Curious About Kale?

22 Meghann October 25, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I’m sure it would work, I’m just not a banana fan. :)