That’s the spot

by Meghann on October 23, 2012

Is it just my dog, or does every dog out there search for the most comfortable spot available before settling in?

I swear Maddie spent a good 5 minutes pushing the blanket with her nose until she got a sizeable “poof” to her liking. Then she took her time circling her spot before plopping down.

Oh, the life of a spoiled dog. ;)

I think Fido and Presley wore Maddie out this past weekend. She’s done nothing but sleep for the last 48-hrs. She is pooped. Perhaps Fido, Presley, and Maddie should hang out more often? ;)

My legs were ready to run this morning. I forgot to mention it on the blog, but my brother, sister, and I ran a 10 miler on Sunday and we all felt good about it. Long runs always feel better when you’re with friends or family, especially when you spend all 10 miles gabbing about this or that. My brother’s in the process of buying a house so, trust me, there was a lot to talk about! :)

I stuck with 4 miles today and kept an even pace throughout. I’m still re-listening to the Hunger Games audiobooks and am currently re-making my way through the second book. Surprisingly, they’re still just as interesting to listen to the second time around. I can’t tell you the last time I listened to music on a run, books are just so much easier to zone out to at the moment.

Breakfast

In the bowl:

• Plain Chobani
  • Apple
  • Cinnamon
  • Trail Mix
  • Granola
  • Peanut Butter

Trail mix = new favorite fruit/yogurt topping. :)

Random thoughts on my mind this morning:

• How old are the kids on Gossip Girl now? Old enough to date someone with a seventeen year old child, yet still young enough to date a seventeen year old theselves? Does that creep anyone else out?
  • I saw a Target Christmas commercial this morning… it’s stttarrrtttinnngggg.
  • LOVED Ashley’s 140.6 recap. If she’s not an inspiration, then I don’t know who is. :)
  • Speaking of recaps, I’ve started my pre-race tradition of googling every Miami 70.3 Race Recap out there. Anyone know of any good ones? I found this one from Swim, Bike, Mom that really pumped me up for Sunday!

What’s on your mind?

1 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

it cracks me up when my dog does the circle around like 5 times before deciding to lay down… if thats the toughest part of your day you’re doing pretty good lol.
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Weekly Workout Recap

2 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

I also only listen to books while I run now (I got the idea from your blog a while back!). I decided to listen to music the other day and it went by sooo much slower than usual since I’m now used to audiobooks! A book got me through my first half :)
Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin recently posted..Comfort Food

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 23, 2012 at 10:34 am

I started listening to audiobooks and podcasts while I work out a few years ago, and I will never go back. You’re right-it’s so much easier to focus on that than music.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..No Rest For The Weary….

4 lisa fine October 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

I rarely buy premade trail mixes, but I do like to make up my own with dried fruit, nuts and seeds, and chocolate chips, and then pour some on top of oatmeal, cereal, or yogurt. Yum.

I love reading recaps of race that I’m going to run too – though sometimes I wait until afterwards so I don’t have too many ideas floating around my head.
lisa fine recently posted..hiking mount mansfield via the toll road

5 stacey October 23, 2012 at 10:50 am

I was thinking the same thing about Gossip Girl. I think that it’s a very good thing that they are ending the show after this season. It had a good run and I will watch it to the end, but I don’t understand Nate and the 17 year old. And did you see the previews for next week? They have hooked up with one another including Lily!

6 Michelle October 23, 2012 at 11:38 am

I listen to a lot of autobiography type books when I’m running. I completely zone out and the miles just fly by.
Michelle recently posted..Colors of Fall

7 Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian October 23, 2012 at 11:42 am

My dog does this too. We call it building a nest, because we once heard that little dogs like to nest. He does this with any blanket or fluffy thing he’s considering sleeping on.

8 Cher @ Weddicted October 23, 2012 at 11:48 am

lol – All those shows creep me out in that sense. They’re all playing 15-17 year olds but they’re closer to 30.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid looks under $500.00

9 Annette @FitnessPerks October 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I listen to podcasts while working out too! Sometimes I listen to music & read magazines though–on my lighter cardio days. I can read while I run too, so sometimes I read books. Crazy, I know!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..3 Ways To Reduce Stress Instantly!

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

omg I thought the same thing about Gossip Girl! I think they’re around 21 by now, but that guy Serena is dating as got to be at least 35 (if he had his daughter when he was 18). I guess that’s not too bad? I have friends married/engaged to guys 10 years older.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Scary Pancakes, BEWARE!

11 Carly October 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

My dog has a simple way of finding the most comfortable spot: whichever spot I have just vacated. If I get out of bed, I come back to discover he’s replaced me. Same with sitting on the couch.

Sometimes my wife and I joke he’s trying to replace me…
Carly recently posted..Save Big on a Canon PowerShot S110 12MP Built-in WiFi Digital Camera Bundle

12 deva by definition October 23, 2012 at 2:15 pm

My cats will do that occasionally, especially at bedtime! It’s funny to feel them snuggling up by our feet trying to make their “nest.”
deva by definition recently posted..My Favorite Recipe Resources

13 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife October 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm

In reference to your Gossip Girl talk I am currently watching last nights episode and thinking the same thing! crazy! your breakfast looks yummy!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Paleo Pizza

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions October 23, 2012 at 2:47 pm

My dog will not stop at anything to make sure he’s as comfortable as possible. He’s a major burrower, and he loves covering himself up with blankets. Crazy fool. Haha.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Pinterest Party

15 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 23, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Haha my dog is so the opposite! He’ll plop down anywhere when he’s tired, hard floor, couch, outside in the grass. He’s not fussy!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..New England Fall and Frankenstein Brownies

16 Emily N October 23, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Omg, are you already in race week? I had no idea it crept up so quickly!
Emily N recently posted..Columbus (Half) Marathon: The Race

17 April October 23, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Oh I wish they didn’t have the Christmas stuff going up and around just yet! I feel like it is just too soon and there is still so much to enjoy until then.
April recently posted..Thank You for Being You, Friday!