Early Snoozer

by Meghann on October 22, 2012

Oh, man, apparently I’m still trying to gain my energy back. I laid down on the couch after dinner and woke up two hours later just after 10:00pm. I guess my body was ready for bed, so I’m going to put up this quick post before moving my butt to the bedroom.

Dinner tonight was pork and greens.

I bought pork labeled for stew (aka pork cut in chunks) and lightly floured it before dropping the pieces in a hot pan with a little bit of oil. I browned each side, then added diced onion and peppers. I deglazed the pan with a cup of water/flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, put the lid on, and let everything cook on medium-low for 10 minutes. The results were a light spicy gravy pork.

The greens were made up of steamed kale (with some gravy on top).

These photos make me super bummed that daylight savings time is almost over. We had dinner around 7:30 and it was already pitch black outside. Looks like well-lit dinner photos will be a thing of the past until March. :(

Alright, bedtime.

Good NIght!

1 Jean October 22, 2012 at 11:49 pm

But we’re all going to gain an hour! That’s a win in my book (until two days later when I’ve already adjusted to the extra hour).
Jean recently posted..Mating Moose Make Running Hard

2 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 23, 2012 at 12:13 am

I’m actually looking forward to daylight savings time. The sun doesn’t come up around here till 7:30 AM. I need some light to help me get out of bed in the morning!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..How to Train For and Run Your 1st Half Marathon

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 23, 2012 at 12:32 am

It’s usually dark here before 7pm these days. Definitely not a fan during my evening training group runs … We launch at 6:20ish, so it’s nearly completely dark before we’re even done our warm-up!! Definitely looking forward to having those clocks switch ASAP!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..MIMM — Goals and Intentions

4 pluvk October 23, 2012 at 1:53 am

It’s definitely getting dark early over here. Not quite used to it after months of late sunsets. Hope you’re feeling better!

5 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 23, 2012 at 6:44 am

“Spring ahead, fall back.” I’m all for an extra hour of sleep, but I would sacrifice those sixty minutes for lighter mornings and evenings.
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Developing a Triathlon Off-Season Workout Plan, Part I

6 Cher @ Weddicted October 23, 2012 at 6:52 am

I’m not a fan of early darkness, either. I get less done in the winter!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaid looks under $500.00

7 NYC FIT GIRL October 23, 2012 at 9:12 am

I hate early darkness! It’s so depressing! Some nights I defiantly fall asleep earlier than I should.

8 Runnerman Dan October 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

Early darkness is a pain. It’s dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home.
Runnerman Dan recently posted..Chicago Marathon – A New PR

9 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer October 23, 2012 at 9:51 am

I agree with NYC Fit Girl. The early darkness is depressing :(
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..Curls!

10 Peggy October 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

Hope you got some rest! This dinner looks quick and tasty =)
Peggy recently posted..Roasted Chicken w/ Creamy Spinach-Celery Root Puree, Sauteed Apples, & Bacon

11 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I’ve been noticing the lack of light too lately…I get out of class at 7:15 on Mondays and Wednesdays and walk to my car in total darkness. Kind of missing summer already, but trying to embrace the fall!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..New England Fall and Frankenstein Brownies