more ยป" />

Slow Ride

by Meghann on October 20, 2012

FYI: Wanderlust was hilarious!

wanderlust-dvd.jpg

Like I said, Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston? How can you go wrong?

Also, loved seeing Lauren Ambrose in a role that was a little more crunchy than I’m used to seeing her play.

Screen shot 2012-10-20 at 10.55.40 AM.png

I almost didn’t recognize her (she looked fabulous by the way) but once I looked the cast up on IMDB (what? not everyone checks out IMDB as soon as their done watching a movie?) it instantly clicked where I knew her from.

Six Feet Under, anyone?

sixfeetunder.jpg

And, my personal favorite, Can’t Hardly Wait.

canthardlywait.jpg

This was one of the first *real* teen movies I remember seeing in the theater when I was 13. Awww…. memories. I wonder if it’s on Netflix?

So, yeah, the movie was hilarious and Derek and I were both peacefully asleep by 11 (party animals!).

This morning I set my alarm early for a planned bike ride, but ended up pressing snooze more times than necessary before I dragged myself out of bed.

I popped a frozen leftover pumpkin waffle in the toaster and slathered it with almond butter and pumpkin butter for some pre-ride fuel.

20121020_061930.jpg

The ride wasn’t my best. I’m prone to runny noses while riding even when I’m not sick, so actually being sick made it about 10x worse. Luckily I pretty much had the trail to myself so I could let multiple snot rockets go and no one would be the wiser (you know, until I admit to it on my public blog).

I went out 15 miles and turned around to finish the 15 back. The miles were slow, but I wasn’t up for pushing myself, my main goal was just to get some time in the saddle and be done with it.

20121020_090353.jpg

After my ride I headed home and toasted another pumpkin waffle for breakfast with two scrambled eggs and a pear.

20121020_094715.jpg

Totally hit the spot. :)

Now I’m ready just to relax and enjoy the weekend. I hope you’re doing the same!

What were the big “teen” movies when you were a teenager? Can’t Hardly Wait, She’s All That, and Bring It On were probably the three that stand out the most in my mind.

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It October 20, 2012 at 11:11 am

10 things I hate about you, a walk to remember!

2 Kristin October 20, 2012 at 11:23 am

Varsity Blues & American Pie!

3 Michael Anderson October 20, 2012 at 11:23 am

Yeah … I’ll go ahead and age myself here – Star Wars, Close Encounters, Halloween, Apocalypse Now …

And honestly, while we like rom-coms (and the kids are teens so we don’t have to worry), we see Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl and it is like a warning label ‘danger, bad movie ahead’. Except for Office Space … and she was good in Marley & Me.

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 20, 2012 at 11:30 am

I’ve never seen Can’t Hardly Wait! But definitely She’s All That, Bring It On, Drive Me Crazy, and 10 Things I Hate About You!

5 Cher @ Weddicted October 20, 2012 at 11:32 am

American Pie and 10 Things I Hate About You!

6 Kari October 20, 2012 at 11:32 am

Clueless was*my* teen movie! I also loved Can’t Hardly Wait (though the title of the movie drives me NUTZO because it’s grammatically incorrect!)

7 Lauren October 20, 2012 at 11:54 am

I specifically remember seeing Titanic 12 times when it came out, although I guess that wasn’t exactly a teen comedy.

8 Jean October 20, 2012 at 11:57 am

I love teen movies but am having a hard time thinking of one… 10 Things I Hate About You was great! And all the others. Is Bring it On a teen movie? That was good.

9 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

My nose always seems to run when I’m riding my bike, even more so now that fall has arrived–you’re not alone! ;)

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Hmm…the ones that come to mind are A Walk to Remember, Dude Where’s My Car ( a dumb teenage movie, but teenage movie nonetheless) and the American Pie movies.

11 Amanda October 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I was an extra in bring it on! It was filmed in 1999 when I was in sixth grade. I got to be in the crowd during the big competition! I also liked she’s all that and the scary movie sequels.

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 20, 2012 at 2:06 pm

10 Things I Hate About You is very high on the list. I also remember the American Pie movies even though my mother would die if she knew I saw them when I was as young as I was!

13 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 20, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Bring It On was DEFINITELY the first teen movie I saw in theatres. I still watch it from time to time, just for the nostalgia!
Totally with you on the runny nose while biking. During the colder months of the spring and the fall when I’m biking, I’m always sure to use my running mitts with the specially designed “snotty thumb” (it’s an actual feature!!) and wash them very, very often.
I’m an iMDB freak as well, no worries!! :)

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 20, 2012 at 2:57 pm

10 Things I Hate About You was definitely a big one and I LOVED that movie!

Are those pumpkin waffles homemade that you froze or a certain brand? I saw the Pumpkin Ego ones at Target a couple weeks ago but haven’t tried ‘em.

15 amyt October 20, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I love the part where Paul Rudd was talking to himself in the mirror…LOL Getting himself ready…….so funny!! I remember watching Dirty Dancing OVER and OVER…….

16 Bethany October 20, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Can’t Hardly Wait for sure! I happened to own a copy on VHS so it was watched many times, to the point where I could pretty much recite the whole thing (“92% yo!”, “Don’t drink the beer! The beer has gone bad!”). AND I had the soundtrack. Yeah… But that movie definitely instilled a lifelong love for Ethan Embry and Seth Green. Another big one was She’s All That, I remember watching it over and over with my friend April to try and learn the dance to the Fatboy Slim song. Ah, high school!

17 Katie @ A Full Plate October 20, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Oh my God, Can’t Hardly Wait was my favorite back in the day!! I was a big fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt.

18 Irina @ Chocolatea Time October 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm

She’s All That and Bring It On…those two were definitely my teen favorites! Bring It On set off my “preppy” cheerleader phase haha

19 Ali October 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm

On a Lauren Ambrose tangent… totally loved her, weird how she kind of went away though according to IMDB ;) she has something coming out in 2013. Anywhooo… so, all I will say is Psycho Beach Party – best movie ever! She so completely rocked in that role.

20 Meghan October 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I hate working out sick! Snot rockets funny! I see people do them all the time like It’s nothing. Must be the Jersey attitude. Necessary and better then littering the tissues! Feel better :) … Shrek!

21 Pam October 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm

My highschool ‘gang’ saw “Stripes” with Bill Murray 5 times at the Dollar Show in 1981. {Yes, I am that old, but I still adore reading your blog}.

22 krystal October 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Whoa. You just blew my mind! That actress must have been way young in Cant Hardly Wait or she ages awesomely.

23 Liz October 21, 2012 at 4:45 am

Did you make the pumpkin waffles or did you buy them. I think that is something I would like to try. I think that is a great idea to watch teen movies. :)

24 Meghann October 22, 2012 at 11:10 am

I made a big patch of pumpkin waffles the other week and froze them. WAY better than regular frozen waffles from the store ;)

25 Emily N October 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

When I was 12-13 we saw now and then in the theater at least 4 times.