Land of Pups

by Meghann on October 20, 2012

We’ve entered the land of the puppies.

PA200011.JPG PA200013.JPG PA200017.JPG

(A rare moment of peace, and the only time I could get a clear photo – the trio sure did have fun chasing each other around the house today. ;) )

Derek and I drove over to my parents’ place for a weekend visit. We’re having a mini-reunion with some out-of-town family tomorrow, so we came over a day early to hang out and take care of a couple of wedding-related tasks. Plus sometimes it’s just fun to visit.

We arrived just in time for a late lunch and my parents treated us to one of my favorite Titusville eateries, Kloiber’s Cobbler.

PA200001.JPG

I started with a cup of the chicken tortilla soup.

PA200002.JPG

And had 1/2 of the chicken avocado salad with a mango-pineapple dressing.

PA200004.JPG

If this was the half, can you imagine what the full looked like? I couldn’t even finish this portion! It was delicious though, loved the salad seasoning and thick slices of fresh avocado.

When Derek mentioned he’d never had Kloiber’s cobbler before, my dad insisted we order a cobbler for the table to share so Derek could have his first taste.

PA200006.JPG

I had a few tasty bites myself of the peach cobbler (and made sure not to double dip my spoon until everyone else swore they were done).

After lunch we watched the Gators crush the Cocks (really, South Carolina? That’s all you’ve got?! Derek and I were rooting for you!) and encouraged the pups as they wore themselves out by running circles around each other (good dogs).

My dad made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner per Derek’s request.

PA200031.JPG

My dad makes a mean bowl of chicken noodle soup. His secret is starting with a whole chicken – the bones are used for the stock and the meat is used for the soup. He also goes heavy on the veggies (onion, carrot, potato, broccoli) and heavy on the spices. It was good. Really good. The perfect bowl of warming comfort.

Derek and I are the last ones standing tonight (aka we’re the last ones awake ;) ) .

This FSU v. Miami game is kind of crazy. Can you believe some of these calls?! Gah. Come one, Noles! Give ‘em hell!

Good night!

1 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 20, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I think the best part of all of the food you posted is that scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the cobbler. Mmmmm time to go find some in my freezer :)
Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin recently posted..Coach’s Oats and Fitness Coaches

2 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 20, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I must be extra hungry tonight — all that food is making my tummy growl! It all looks FANTASTIC!! Sounds like you had a great day soaking up the family time. :)

3 Liz October 21, 2012 at 4:00 am

I think sometimes, it is not the food that you eat, but the company that makes a great meal. I must admit the food looks great. :)
Liz recently posted..FD171 – Award Motivation..”Very Inspiring Blogger Award”

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 21, 2012 at 6:20 am

Fall has arrived, so it’s definitely soup weather. Both of your bowls look delicious!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Snapshot Saturday – Union Square Greenmarket and Street Fair

5 Ashley @ LibertyBelles October 21, 2012 at 6:20 am

The South Carolina game was soooo tragic! The bf went there and needless to say he was not in a very good mood.
Ashley @ LibertyBelles recently posted..Notes from the Weekend

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 21, 2012 at 7:03 am

Those puppies look warn out! (And adorable, of course!)

Looks like a great start to the weekend. Enjoy your day with family today. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Dreams DO Come True

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 21, 2012 at 8:07 am

that soup does sound really good (and looks good!) I love soups that are really full of veggies!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Pro-Ball and Pumpkin Pie

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 21, 2012 at 9:12 am

Chicken Noodle Soup sounds so good right now. I need to find a good recipe.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Food, Family, Fun!

9 amyt October 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

I was rooting for SC too….that was just terrible. OMG the Florida State game had me on edge…that was a rough start!!!! AND the refs were not helping – very crazy calls – I looked for a flag every play! I was SO glad they won though – they better tighten up…they cannot play like that against the gators. GO NOLES!!

10 Courtney October 21, 2012 at 10:58 am

That peace cobbler looks amazing! I DIE!
Courtney recently posted..I’m A Double Under Queen

11 kelsey October 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm

What cute pups!!!

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I think the ACC got the NFL replacement refs, awful calls! But at least we pulled off a win eventually :)
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..All Sundays should start with Pumpkin French Toast

13 Megan @ Megan's Munchies October 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm

That soup looks amazing! Comfort food at its best!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Skillet Pumpkin Pasta

14 Laura October 21, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Glad you are enjoying some time with family – it is the best! Hope you are continuing to feel better!
Laura recently posted..Arbonne 30 Day Detox Product Reviews