more ยป" />

The sickness is spreading

by Meghann on October 19, 2012

Derek woke up with a sore throat this morning. I think whatever I have finally caught up to him. I’ve introduced him to my hot peppermint tea and soothing throat lozenges, and we’re currently curled up on the couch, sniffling and coughing together. Poor Maddie is even looking blue (either that or she’s completely soaking up the double belly rubs by laying between us ).

Earlier I piled on the veggies for lunch with a snack plate of carrot, cucumber, cheddar, olives, egg, and hummus.

Apple and almond butter for an afternoon snack.

And ventured out of the house for dinner this evening.

20121019_191018.jpg

I ordered the black and blue burger in a salad bowl. I think they went a a little heavy on the bacon (apparently there is such a thing as too much bacon – who knew?), otherwise it was really good. The perfect medium burger and no extra dressing was needed.

20121019_192423.jpg

A piece of dark chocolate for dessert.

We picked up Wanderlust at RedBox. Has anyone seen it? How can you go wrong with Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston? :)

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Awww I hope the two of you start to feel better soon. Being sick is just never fun!

2 Kristy @Kristy's Health Revolution October 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Wanderlust is hilarious! Enjoy, and feel better.

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Ooh. Please let us know how you liked Wanderlust!! I’ve been thinking about watching it and we have a lot of the same taste in movies! Paul Rudd = too fabulous. Friends is totally still my favourite work of his!! haha.
Oh! And I was thinking about you and your cold yesterday … I was using Rub A535 and realized that it’s totally better than Vicks for opening your nasal passages back up (I accidentally rubbed some on the end of my nose … oops!). If you have any, it might not be bad to give it a shot ..?
Hope you feel better soon! I know you like using the weekend to get in long training sessions, but maybe take it easy on yourself and nip this in the bud?! :)

4 Stacey @starpulp October 19, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I thought that movie was hilarious! There’s a bit of (almost) everyone that at some point wishes they could throw in the towel, join a hippy joint and leave their worries behind!

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Can’t wait to see what you think of that movie. I’ve been wanting to give it a try!

6 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 19, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Burger 21 is so good. If your sweet tooth ever kicks in there get a banana fosters milkshake. I dont even like banana desserts and I was in LOVE with this shake!

7 Megan S October 19, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I am so embarrassed by how hard I laughed at wanderlust…

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 19, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I thought that movie was hilarious! But I love me some Paul Rudd, so I’m probably a tad biased.

9 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 19, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I thought Wanterlust was pretty good but nothing amazing. I’m sorry you’re sick! I feel like I’m coming down with something too :(

10 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer October 19, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Everyone in my house was sick too including the dog! It’s no fun!!

11 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I’m sorry to hear Derek is sick, too! that is no fun at all. I hope you enjoy some good sleep, hot tea, and feel better soon!

12 Cher @ Weddicted October 19, 2012 at 11:36 pm

The snack plate looks good! Its midnight and I could go for one.

Hope you both feel better soon!

13 Carrie @ The Cook's Palette October 20, 2012 at 1:51 am

Hope you feel better soon! Whenever I get sick, I don’t get sick for at least several months. So maybe you’ll at least be in the clear for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and your wedding if you’ve got a bug now. Here’s to hoping! :)

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 20, 2012 at 7:36 am

Aw feel better. Never seen wanderlust but can’t go wrong with Paul and Jen! Popsicles help with the sore throat too ;)

15 Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air October 20, 2012 at 8:57 am

Yikes, that doesn’t sound fun! Just keep guzzling that tea. I know when I get sick, I never want to drink anything. Which is totally the opposite of what I should be doing.

16 Stephanie October 20, 2012 at 9:50 am

Feel better! I feel a scratchy throat right now, and I cannot pass it on to my boyfriend again! I wonder if Wanderlust is any good – that’s how Jennifer Aniston met her future hubby!

17 meghan October 20, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I didn’t know they did burgers in a bowl!! Now I want to order takeout and have one immediately. And I’m legitimately thinking about doing it…

18 Anna October 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I really want to see Wanderlust. Your food looks delicious as always. I hope it also makes you feel better!

19 Liz October 21, 2012 at 4:47 am

Hope you feel better. It seems like there is something going around in the Florida blogging community. :)