Slow Night

by Meghann on October 18, 2012

[wedding side note: invitations are all addressed and ready to be mailed! just waiting for the stamps I ordered online to send them out . it's starting to feel real!]

This afternoon i had a serving of trail mix with a cheese stick for an afternoon snack.

Dinner was on my own: 2-egg omelet with feta and avocado (cooked on too hot of pan – whoops!) and a side of carrots.

My hunger disappeared again. Perhaps it was the 12 cups of hot peppermint tea I had today? Just a guess.

On another note I found two things of medicine in our cabinet that expired in 2005. I’m not sure which is more entertaining, the fact that we still have it or the fact that one of us has been moving the same bottle of Motrin since college. ;)

PSA of the day: take a few minutes to check the expiration dates and clean out your medicine cabinet.

Good Night!

1 Rebecca October 18, 2012 at 10:34 pm

oh oh, am I going to get an invitation? (I kid, I kid)

I don’t think you want to know what I had for dinner ‘on my own’ tonight….eek

2 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 18, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I took NyQuil the other night and was really confused why it didn’t make me feel sleepy at all after 2 hours…only to check that it had expired in 2002!
Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin recently posted..What I’m Loving Right Now

3 Michelle October 18, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hot drinks will do that to hunger.
Michelle recently posted..Travel Thursday–Florence, Pisa, Maranello, and Verona

4 Annie October 18, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Congrats on getting the invitations done!! Everything is coming together and I am getting soooooo excited for you!!
Annie recently posted..Stay fueled and outsmart hunger #theproteineffect

5 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer October 19, 2012 at 12:02 am

I found meds in my cabinet that expired in 2000!! I guess it is a good thing we do not have to use it that often!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..What’s for Dinner??

6 Jean October 19, 2012 at 1:03 am

Omelets with avocado are the best! My go-to “I have nothing to eat” meal.
Jean recently posted..To the Track

7 Carrie October 19, 2012 at 1:09 am

That is hilarious about the medicine cabinet! I think it takes me like, 10 years to go through a box of bandaids and jar of vasoline too.
Carrie recently posted..millet muffins with lemon + yogurt

8 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 19, 2012 at 7:04 am

A roommate of mine in university did that — had a different medication for every possible ailment that you could ever imagine. I found it ridiculous that (1) she brought them all with her to school, and (2) none of them were less than three years expired. When I asked her, she said they were her “just in case” drugs.
Side note — she was a GIANT hypochondriac.
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..No-Name Friday

9 Kristen October 19, 2012 at 7:15 am

Ha! I had a cold this past week and I also found multiple cold med’s that had expired (2007 was oldest LOL), so don’t feel bad. I went out and bought all new med’s :)

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 19, 2012 at 8:00 am

I actually went through my medicine cabinet last night too and found expired stuff! I need to do that more often and especially my pantry. I get so bad at throwing old items out.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A New Obessession!…

11 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed October 19, 2012 at 8:28 am

This is inspiring me to clean out both my medicine cabinet and my fridge!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed recently posted..10K Training: Weeks 5, 6, & 7

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 19, 2012 at 9:04 am

I gound expired meds lately too that must have survived a move it two. Oops. I’m glad you share my love of eggs with avocado. I don’t know what it is but they just go so well with each other!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

13 Victoria @ Running Peanut October 19, 2012 at 9:39 am

My Dad had medicine that expired in 1997 in his cabinet and he actually tried to convince me to take it. 1997. Marinate on that. ;-)
Victoria @ Running Peanut recently posted..Things to Ponder

14 Jamie October 19, 2012 at 10:11 am

Peppermint is a natural appetite suppressant! Maybe switch up the tea flavor :) Also, I just started reading your blog and I love it! Its beyond inspiring! Thank you for being so positive!