Can’t Make This Stuff Up

by Meghann on October 17, 2012

I’ve received a lot of strange packages over the years, but I think this may just be the strangest.

IMG_2260.jpg IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2264.jpg IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

Gotta give Brooks props for creativity. :)

Now does anyone want some chocolate? I’ve got a good 10 lbs worth to share! :)

I made chicken noodle soup tonight with the last of Monday’s crock pot rotisserie chicken.

There really wasn’t a recipe, I just threw peppers, carrots, okra, and chicken into a pot then covered it all with chicken broth. I seasoned the soup with dried basil and thyme and added some whole wheat spaghetti for the noodles.

Derek took me out for ice cream. The vanilla cone dipped in butterscotch was just what my sore throat needed. :)

Good night!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 17, 2012 at 8:52 pm

SO JEALLLLLY! PURE DRIFT!!!!! <3

2 Steph October 17, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Ok- it’s time to come up with some chocolate recipes! Whoa baby! SO fun though! :) Hope you feel better, ASAP!

3 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm

hahaha this is so funny! it would work better during Easter time though.. You should melt the chocolate and make something fun! haha. Love the new shoes!

4 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 17, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Chocolate and Shoes? Girl, that is the best package E V E R! :)

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 17, 2012 at 9:28 pm

That is strange and hilarious and awesome! But please, I’ll gladly take some chocolate! I see lots of chocolate chip cookies or chocolate covered strawberries in your future. (And if not, I should!) ;)

6 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 17, 2012 at 9:29 pm

The egg looks like the egg from the Triwizard Tournament in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!!! That’s AMAZING!! Wow. That would definitely be my dream present — shoes + chocolate + Harry Potter prop = epic!!

7 Laura October 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I’ll take some off your hands!

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Omg the nutrition facts cards are hilarious!! What a cool way to send out their new shoes!!

9 Courtney October 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Holy awesome sauce! Please send some of that sweet chocolate egg to meee!

10 Rebecca October 17, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Oh no. Now I need those shoes. And of course to stuff my face with chocolate.

11 Katie @ Meet Me At The Finishline October 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Promoting fitness… and gluttony? Kind of odd, but cute all the same! I love the Pure Line. I use the Grit for some of my runs, the Cascadias for my distance stuff! I love Brooks I don’t think anyone else gets run happy chocolate and comfy shoes!

12 Christine @ BookishlyB October 17, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I really wonder what exactly was going on in the marketing department when they decided it was a great idea to put shoes in an egg right before the winter holidays (other than the fact that it would get people talking since alllll the bloggers they sent them to would post pics).

13 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward October 17, 2012 at 10:40 pm

CRAZY AWESOME!

14 ct cupcake October 17, 2012 at 10:45 pm

omg- that is fantastic! love it! I wish someone would send me a chocolate egg w sneaks inside ! or even a just a giant chocolate egg!

15 Silvia @ skinny jeans food October 17, 2012 at 10:49 pm

The guys/gals from Brooks really love you, and…. give you a reason to run in those brooks ;-)

16 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm

send some of that chocolate my way!!

17 Becky @ runfundone October 17, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I welcome the Brooks Bunny to my house any time!

18 Lindsay October 18, 2012 at 12:06 am

Umm how much do I with I worked for Brooks right now! Love my adrenalines!

19 Alexandra @ Alexandra in Moscow October 18, 2012 at 12:12 am

That is a really strange marketing strategy! I hope you start to feel better so you can enjoy the chocolate … and the new shoes, I guess.

20 Cate October 18, 2012 at 12:40 am

Haha! That is funny, but also kind of cool.
It looks like you need to bake something with all that chocolate or maybe just carry around a bunch of pieces and pass it out to people. ;)
hope you feel better soon

21 Carrie October 18, 2012 at 1:05 am

Coolest package ever. :)
Hope you feel better soon…ice cream is a good step in the right direction!

22 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 18, 2012 at 7:01 am

I could not imagine anything better in my mail: chocolate AND new shoes? perfect. Can’t wait to hear about the shoes….and chocolate recipes :)

23 Ashley @ LibertyBelles October 18, 2012 at 7:06 am

First time commenter! That package is too hysterical. I love your blog and just wanted to say hello. I recently just started one of my own!

24 Coco October 18, 2012 at 7:14 am

What?! I can’t believe they were shipped in a chocolate egg.. thats hilarious!

25 Emily N October 18, 2012 at 8:49 am

That is SO CLEVER. I know that you are faithful to brooks (with your short mizuno interlude in the spring) but here is my question (as I have not worn brooks before) do you feel like they are more narrow than mizunos?

26 Meghann October 18, 2012 at 8:55 am

No, I don’t think so. I’d say they’re more narrow than Asics, but not necessarily Mizunos. However, my sister has wide feet and doesn’t like wearing Brooks (she prefers Asics), so I might just not be sensitive enough to notice. :)

27 Emily N October 18, 2012 at 8:58 am

I am an asics wear-er typically, but have been trying to experiment a little bit more due to some recent shin pain, that is why I ask. The pain is lessened when I wear less shoe (if i am in newtons, no issues!) and my doctor said something a bit more flexible in the sole than the asics might help, so i am on a mission!

28 Meghann October 18, 2012 at 9:01 am

Good luck! In my opinion, with shoes, you’ll never know if something works until you try it. It’s a lot of trial and error and there is never a clear cut right or wrong answer unfortunately.

29 Lisa in IL October 18, 2012 at 11:35 am

I just bought the brooks pureflow’s & absolutely love, love, love them. I am a wide footed gal with significant heel problems. They actually have a separated toe platform that makes for a wider toe box (sounds weird I know but it’s completely amazeballs for the fit). When I first tried them on I kept thinking how are these shoe ever going to offer the support I need, Brooks know their stuff because these shoes are like running on pillows.
I actually went to a large chain athletic store and the young man in the shoe department was a marathoner, he let me try about 20 different shoes on and then gave me the key for the treadmill so I could actually run in the shoes. I thought it was silly that Brook’s motto is “run happy” but it’s true these shoes make me happy!

30 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 18, 2012 at 8:54 am

Oh. Em. Gee. Nicely done, Brooks! And Meghann, I can *totally* help you with the chocolate, especially if it’s of the dark variety. ;)

31 Caroline Calcote October 18, 2012 at 8:54 am

Cal and I both have the sore throat thing right now too. Feel better soon!

32 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 18, 2012 at 9:01 am

Chocolate and shoes? Kind of the best package ever.

33 Nick Cicero October 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

This is so awesome. Big props to their outreach team for that I love this!!!

34 Christine October 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

So do the shoes smell like chocolate? If yes, then are you just going to smell chocolate every time you run in them? Which then begs the question, will it make you run faster or just want to sit down and eat your shoes?

35 Meghann October 18, 2012 at 9:39 am

haha! They were wrapped in plastic so they do not smell like chocolate. But chocolate smelling shoes would be awesome!

36 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer October 18, 2012 at 9:54 am

I was wondering if they would smell, too. What would happen if they got to hot and the chocolate melted?

37 Meghann October 18, 2012 at 10:06 am

Luckily I was home when the egg was delivered, it might have been a different story if it had the chance to sit on my doorstep for too long, it’s not exactly cool in Florida right now.

38 deva at deva by definition October 18, 2012 at 10:01 am

that is an awesome awesome way of sending out shoes. And a LOT of chocolate!

39 Priscilla P October 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

Wow!! A giant chocolate egg with shoes inside? Now that’s something I’ve never seen before, haha!

40 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 18, 2012 at 10:19 am

That is sooooooo awesome!!!!!

41 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 18, 2012 at 11:17 am

That’s such a cool package! How fun!

42 Irina @ Chocolatea Time October 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

Whaaattt? Chocolate and shoes? Brooks sure know the way to a girl’s heart :)

43 samantha angela October 18, 2012 at 11:39 am

Whoa. that giant egg is awesome.

44 Tabitha October 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm

That is such a fun way to send out their shoes!

45 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 18, 2012 at 2:15 pm

OMG – This is brillllliant! Props to brooks for creative marketing!

46 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights October 18, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I’ve seen pictures of those Brooks eggs floating around Instagram and Twitter–SO jealous! Such a fun way to get a new pair of shoes!

47 Laura October 18, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Oh my gosh that is amazing! Genius marketing by Brooks since I definitely want to go order a pair right now if only for the egg!

Brooks’ new checkout option is now going to be:
Color: pink/black
Shoe size: 8.5
Egg size: large
Chocolate type: dark
Delivery type: OVERNIGHT & RECURRING WEEKLY!