more ยป" />

Very Exciting

by Meghann on October 15, 2012

So many exciting things happening right now!

1. Our wedding invitations are here!

PA150019.JPG

I can’t wait to get these babies in the mail sometime next week. Expect a full post on the wedding page as soon as friends and family start receiving them. :)

2. We have a REAL bed!

newbed.jpg

Take my advice, never buy a sleep number bed (sleep number bed = fancy blow up mattress). I can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up to Derek re-inflating my side of the bed because he accidentally rolled into my sunken crevice and couldn’t easily roll back out. I’m looking forward to curling up on the pillow top tonight. :)

3. New favorite snack = fruit + trail mix

PA150001.JPG

Love the mix of nuts and seeds with the fresh apple and pineapple.

3. The crock pot rotisserie chicken was AWESOME

PA150006.JPG

I cooked it on low and it was falling off the bones by the time I pulled it out 8 hours later.

PA150010.JPG

Mmm… chicken.

PA150013.JPG

Served with steamed broccoli and roasted sweet potato.

PA150018.JPG

A good meal.

And with that, I’m going to go curl up on that bed.

Good night!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 15, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Can’t wait to see the invites – they look like they’re pretty… :)

2 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm

My good friend was a mattress salesman for a while and said the same thing about the Sleep Number bed! Definitely will avoid!!

3 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Your invites have me intrigued! Congrats on your official bed. I have been married 5 years and we still don’t have a bed frame. Just a box spring and mattress!

4 Sloane@ Life Food and Beer October 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I have a memory foam and HATE it!! I fall asleep on the couch a bunch bc iti is more comfortable! I miss my pillow top mattress!!

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Can’t wait to see the invitations!!
I love crock pot meals — so simple to just toss and go. Definitely on my wish list (I used to use my Mom’s, she stole it back!!).

6 Stephanie October 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I just got a new pillow top last month – it makes it so much harder to get up in the morning!

7 Michelle October 15, 2012 at 11:16 pm

We are in the process of moving back to the States (from Germany) and are sleeping on a l

8 Michelle October 15, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Oops hit enter too soon. We are sleeping on a loaner bed and it sucks.

9 Annette @FitnessPerks October 15, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Yay for invites–they look super cute!

We almost bought a sleep number, but went with a gel & memory foam & pillow-top triple infused mattress instead. Needless to say we sleep reeeaaalllyyy well. Oh, and we just got a headboard from Ikea! We saw that bed you have :)

10 Steph October 15, 2012 at 11:33 pm

YUM! That chicken looks SO scrumptious!

11 Em October 16, 2012 at 6:55 am

My husband and I really like our sleep number bed. It’s nice to be able to adjust the firmness and we have never had issues with inflating or deflating each other’s sides.

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 16, 2012 at 7:03 am

Yay for the invitations!! :) I love making a whole chicken in the crockpot. It’s so easy and it tastes incredible.

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 16, 2012 at 7:26 am

Ok, that settles it. I’m going to buy a chicken today!

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

I can’t wait to see your invitations!! And I’ve never slept on a sleep number but that sounds pretty bad…

15 Emily N October 16, 2012 at 7:50 am

Any tricks to the chicken? I have always planned on cooking a whole chicken and would appreciate any advice you can give!

16 Meghann October 16, 2012 at 10:57 am

I just followed the instructions I found here: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/05/how-to-make-your-own-rotisserie-chickenno-rotisserie-required.html Super easy and worked like a charm.

17 Courtney G. October 16, 2012 at 8:14 am

We have a memory foam and love it. We slept on a sleep number while on vacation and hated it. I dont know why anyone would pay for a blow up mattress to sleep on nightly.
PS I love the sneak peak of your invites!

18 NYC Fit Girl October 16, 2012 at 8:15 am

I can’t believe you have been sleeping on an air mattress! YOu crazy!! I have never tried crock pot chicken but I think I might need to :-)

19 deva at deva by definition October 16, 2012 at 9:32 am

Our bed is double pillow-top and we put a fluffy mattress pad on top of it. I heart it so much.

20 Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} October 16, 2012 at 10:41 am

I love crock pot chicken!!! YUM! And congrats on the new bed!! New beds are the best!

21 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 16, 2012 at 11:00 am

The invitations look pretty! I need to give that chicken recipe a try.

22 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Your crockpot skills are very impressive- the chicken sounds great!

23 Erica October 16, 2012 at 2:41 pm

The invitations are beautiful! And I’m totally trying that chicken!!

24 Alexis October 16, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Sleep number beds are the WORST!!! The only good thing I can say about them is they have good customer service. My first one kept deflating during the night so they replaced it. 6 months later, the same problem with the replacement! They replaced that one, we sold it on craigslist, and bought a regular bed:) I have no idea how they’ve stayed in business for so long!