more ยป" />

A fANNEtastic Wedding

by Meghann on October 14, 2012

They’re married!

PA130054.JPG

CONGRATS, Anne and Matt on a BEAUTIFUL wedding day! Here’s to a lifetime full of love, family, friends, and happiness. :)

Before the wedding, Theodora and I spent the afternoon exploring a little of the Virginia countryside. After hitting up Target to purchase some extra-warm wraps, we used my Yelp app (I <3 Yelp!) to track down a spot for lunch and discovered adorable downtown Winchester.

20121013_131734.jpg

662ab498155b11e2a7d622000a1d0360_7.jpg

We soaked up the perfect fall weather before locating a German place for lunch.

20121013_141859.jpg

Hello, friends.

20121013_141903.jpg

We split a Pumpking (a GREAT pumpkin beer, I like that it’s heavy on the pumpkin and light on the spice).

20121013_133159.jpg 20121013_132713.jpg

And I ordered the cobb salad with crab for lunch.

20121013_134110.jpg

I also had a piece of Theodora’s german pizza.

20121013_134350.jpg

I wish we could have continued exploring for hours (so much to see – so little time!), but we had a wedding to get to! After a quick change at the hotel, we hopped the shuttle bus to the wedding site.

PA130001.JPG

We found an old friend along the way. Hi Heather!

PA130004.JPG

Thank you to everyone who weighed in on my dress dilemma on Friday. Even though some comments suggested otherwise, this wedding was not a black tie affair and the bride gave her approval on all of the dresses I was trying to decide between.

0ed6c2c814b511e2bbd422000a1f9ab2_7.jpg

(though, I’ll be the first to admit all of the dresses did look deceivingly short on the hangers, I assure you they all went to my knee!)

I ended up selecting the floral navy number based purely on comfort. I almost forgot I had this dress until I stumbled upon it in the back of my closet. It’s from Target circa 2008 and I’m a fan of all the ruffles. :)

PA130005.jpg

The wedding was held at a gorgeous manor. As the guests arrived, we were asked to wait in the carriage house, then a few minutes before the ceremony started we were escorted to the back of the manor for the main event.

PA130013.JPG

Check out the view!

PA130066.JPG

PA130021.JPG

The wedding ceremony was a tear jerker. Matt and Anne did a beautiful job making it their own. It was sweet, personal, and very them.

PA130039.JPG

PA130032.JPG

PA130034.JPG

A few weeks ago Anne received the unfortunate news that her brother who is currently serving overseas would not make it home in time for her wedding. Even though he was thousands of miles away, she was still looking for a way to have him at the ceremony either by phone or video, but wasn’t sure how that would work logistically or who would do it. As soon as she told me what was happening, I immediately volunteered to use my Samsung Galaxy S3* to Skype her brother in for the ceremony.

PA130038.JPG

The whole process was seamless. Right before the 4:30pm ceremony start I was able to connect with Anne’s brother (1:30am his time) and – thanks to Verizon’s speedy 4G LTE network – he was able to watch his big sister marry the man of her dreams in real time. He stayed on for the entire 40 minute ceremony and even had a chance to say hello to his grandmother and mother before signing off.

Though her brother could not attend physically, he was still there in spirit, and it was an honor to ensure he was still able to take part in the day.

PA130043.JPG

PA130044.JPG

Introducing the new Mr. and Mrs.!

PA130050.JPG

PA130052.JPG

PA130057.jpg PA130058.jpg

PA130060.JPG

After the ceremony we headed back to the manor for cocktail hour.

PA130072.JPG

PA130068.JPG

I stuck to red wine for the rest of the night. I think I had 3 glasses total?

PA130070.JPG

Theodora and I split a plate of yummy appetizers.

PA130075.JPG PA130078.JPG

PA130082.JPG

PA130085.JPG

PA130081.JPG

The dinner portion of the reception took place in a large open tent on the side yard.

PA130100.JPG

CAKE!

PA130091.jpg PA130092.jpg

PA130102.JPG

PA130104.JPG PA130097.JPG

The plated salad was delicious. I loved the herbed goat cheese and candied walnuts. (don’t worry, I didn’t dig in until after the first speech ;) )

PA130106.JPG

PA130119.JPG

Dinner time!

PA130137.JPG

Anne told us the morning of that all of the food was sourced locally and the tasting had been the highlight of wedding planning since the food had been so good. She told us to look forward to a good meal and she was not kidding. Everything was wonderful, my favorite was the roasted chicken, it was so moist and flavorful.

PA130139.JPG

PA130149.JPG

PA130146.JPG

We moved to the carriage house to dance the rest of the night away.

PA130159.JPG

PA130160.JPG

PA130184.JPG

PA130191.JPG

Lemon cake with raspberry filling – OMG good.

PA130194.JPG

PA130195.jpg PA130196.jpg

PA130197.JPG

PA130198.JPG

PA130201.JPG PA130203.JPG

PA130209.JPG

PA130223.JPG

PA130225.jpg PA130220.jpg PA130240.jpg

Congrats, Anne and Matt! Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your perfect day.

PA130241.JPG

The only sad part of the evening was not having Derek there to share it with. I can’t wait to dance the night away with him at our wedding in January! Only 2.75 months to go! ;)

*Disclosure: As part of the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program I have been provided with a wireless device (the Samsung Galaxy S3) and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.

1 Mckenna October 14, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Gosh, I honestly believe Anne is the most gorgeous Bride I’ve seen my entire life. That dress is amazingly perfect. (And I am NOT one for weddings!)

2 CaitlinHTP October 15, 2012 at 10:42 am

Agree!!!

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 14, 2012 at 1:11 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I think that’s one of the most gorgeous dresses I’ve ever seen :)

4 Kristy @Kristy's Health Revolution October 14, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Geez, what is it about being engaged that makes me tear up at the mere MENTION of a wedding!? I’ve always been a little teary when attending a wedding, but now just the photos are enough to turn me into a blubbering idiot.

Anne’s dress is INCREDIBLE! I hope to find something similar. Congrats Anne and Matt!

5 Lauren October 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Ah, so happy for those two! What a beautiful wedding. :)

6 Elisabeth October 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I LOVE Anne’s dress! I get so tired of seeing the same strapless look all the time – love the lace shoulders :)

Her cake is also beautiful & I love that you were able to help her brother be a part of it all!

7 Helen October 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Megan – I like you and I like your blog, but something about this post and your earlier wedding tweets that bother me.

You tweeted the first photo of Anne and Matt’s first dance, which also showed the first glimpse of her wedding dress. That is a such a personal moment and one that should have been shared by Anne first and not by you, especially with some crappy cellphone picture veiled with an Instagram filter to make it look cool. Take all the pictures you want of you and your friends, but leave the personal moments to the bride at least until she has a chance to post something about her own wedding, because after all it was her day, not yours. I thought you would have shown a little more reverence to the bride and groom.

P.S Your “guest” should also have shown some discretion when she tweeted the location of the wedding.

8 Meghann October 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I appreciate your concern, but the bride gave me full permission to tweet that photo (I even asked right before I sent it) and we discussed blogging before hand. I left out a lot of details and plan to link Anne’s posts as soon she writes them

9 Helen October 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I’m simply of the opinion that just because she gave you permission doesn’t negate the fact that it’s still tacky. Anne strikes me as a lovely girl and was probably much too gracious to say no. And if these photos are any indication of the quality of the camera on that phone that Verizon is pimping out to bloggers , I’ll stick with my iPhone.

10 Meghann October 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Oh and my “guest” was also an invited guest of the wedding, not my +1 :) Theodora is also a good friend of Anne

11 kathy October 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Wow, Helen. I don’t understand why you are too concern. I think Meghann did a great job recapping the wedding from her point of view without detailing too much of the wedding–I still can’t tell where the wedding was except it was near Winchester (and I am from Virginia). I don’t know what happened during the wedding ceremony, nor do I know what the first dance was too. I don’t know who caught the bouquet, or what song Anne chose to dance with her father to? We don’t know any of the personal moments of the wedding. Even after reading Meghann’s recap, I’m still looking forward to reading Anne’s posts so I don’t think that Meghann took away any of Anne’ personal wedding moments. Also, if Anne didn’t want pictures of her wedding, I don’t think she would allow pictures during the ceremony or reception. Besides Anne retweeted Meghann’s collage picture on her Twitter page.Besides with all the social media I’m pretty sure Anne’s non-blogger friends have already posted some wedding pics on Facebook with their crappy phones.

12 Julia October 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm

haha, yeah, i don’t know any people that get angry at others for posting beautiful pictures of their big day.

13 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep October 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I’m friends with Anne on Facebook, and Meghann was not the first person to share a picture of Anne’s wedding.

14 lisa fine October 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Beautiful capturing of Anne’s wedding! I love reading wedding recaps to see how differently people share their day, and I love the emphasis on local foods.

Hope you get to spend more time in the area before heading home – I’m guessing you love that fall-like weather. :)

15 Anna October 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Your dress is sweet but the bride`s one is phenomenal! Absolutely beautiful wedding!

16 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Looks like an absolutely beautiful wedding! Congrats to Anne and Matt!

17 Candice October 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Looooove her dress!! She was flawless! Why was she frowning holding her shoes ?

18 Meghann October 14, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Because her feet hurt! Cute shoes but painful :)

19 Liza October 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Wow Anne looked so so so gorgeous! What a beautiful bride she made!

20 Susan October 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Lovely recap to a beautiful event. Thanks for sharing.

21 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm

It looks so breath-taking!! Gorgeous bride, regal venue, elegant details left right and centre — wow. I can only imagine the emotions running through not only the happy couple, but everyone there. It really looked as if love and fun were in the air. And I’m SO glad her brother got to interact as much as possible.
It makes for a beautiful story.

22 Hillary October 14, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I am in love with Anne’s dress!

23 Wendy October 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I love the bride’s dress! So nice to see something other than the usual strapless dress. She is stunning!

24 Hope October 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm

As someone who recently got married, I can say that I believe that Meghann posting pictures of the wedding is not “tacky” in the least. I encouraged my guests to take pictures and post them on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I knew that I wouldn’t get around to posting pictures right away, so having my friends document and share worked out really well. Obviously, not every bride may feel this way but I certainly don’t think Meghann was crossing any lines, especially since she had the bride’s permission. :)

25 Katelyn October 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

OH MY GOD. I just got goosebumps and teary eyes all at once. Anne, you are a GORGEOUS bride. That dress belongs on Pinterest. You know you’re royalty now. Seriously though, I think that is my dream wedding dress.

And the VENUE. I love the house. The pillars. Everything. It’s so Southern and beautiful. I’m swooning.

And YOU and Theodora looks beautiful as well!! Miss you ladies. I know you had a rockin’ time.

XO <3

26 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Looks like a gorgeous wedding!

Anne looks so beautiful – I love her dress. Especially the lace detail – amazing.

27 megan October 14, 2012 at 4:47 pm

my question isn’t about the wedding! lol… i love those tall brown boots you’re wearing with your black outfit. where are they from? i need a pair.. :)

28 Meghann October 14, 2012 at 4:51 pm

They’re from Target. Actually, the leggings and belt are Target too. The only thing not from Target is the dress, which is FiveBamboo. ;)

29 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I CANNOT get over how incredible her dress is!!!

30 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm

What a beautiful wedding! And I started tearing up reading about how her brother watched from oversees, I’m sure he really appreciated being included, I can’t imagine my brothers not being there! I’m glad you had a great time!

31 Megan October 14, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Her wedding dress is absolutely perfect! I would have never thought to go backless but it is so beautiful!

32 Eri H. October 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Ditto on tearing up about the brother. Anne looks stunning — and that dress looks SO good on you! Love the shoes too

33 Lindsay October 14, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Where is her dress from? It looks a lot like mine! I actually love to see it on other brides

34 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward October 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm

The wedding looks like such a great time! :) Happy you picked the ruffled dress… soo cute!

35 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm

beautiful post! this wedding was so cute! thank you for sharing. Happiness for the newly married couple!

36 Kathy October 14, 2012 at 8:08 pm

You looked really cute and comfy in that dress…good decision…I like the red scarf/cape too…you owned it girl!

Great photos of the day/night….looks like another perfect wedding…you must be getting soooo excited for yours!!

37 Carolyn October 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

What a gorgeous wedding, and you worked that dress! I wouldn’t worry about Helen, she seems salty about life. I love how people on the Internet assume they know more about your real life relationships than you do lol.

38 Caitlin October 14, 2012 at 9:37 pm

oh my GOSH! so many things to say about this post. firstly, i’ve heard so many things about pumpking being one of the best pumpkin beers ever. i love southern tier chocklat so i need to try it. also wanna try their mokah. secondly, anne’s dress is TO DIE FOR. so beautiful, elegant, and a touch of oo la la with the bare back too. thirdly, your dresses are GORGEOUS oh my gosh! i so adore the red lipstick on theodora too. very dramatic! looks like a fun wedding. i wouldn’t expect anything less from anne. the fannetastic wedding title to this post is perfect.

39 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) October 14, 2012 at 10:13 pm

What a gorgeous ceremony! And that dress?! Yay for the happy couple!

40 Kristin @ FoodFash October 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm

What a beautiful wedding!

41 Annette @FitnessPerks October 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Gorgeous!! LOVE her dress too. Such a great venue & pretty bride!

42 Mo October 14, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Anne looked GORGEOUS!!! And what an amazing friend you are to help make sure her brother could be a part of the ceremony. I was in tears reading this post!

43 Sara @my less serious life October 15, 2012 at 6:37 am

southern tier pumpking is my absolute favorite pumpkin beer!

44 Anne P October 15, 2012 at 9:28 am

Thank you so, so much again for skyping in my brother to the ceremony. It meant so much to all of us that he was able to “be” there to witness it from afar. You are the best! :)

45 Liz October 15, 2012 at 9:41 am

So beautiful! Congratulations to Anne!

46 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Anne made a beautiful bride! What a gorgeous dress!!!

47 Beka October 16, 2012 at 9:12 am

Beautiful wedding! Anne’s dress is amazing! And that is so awesome that you used Skype to have her brother in “attendance”. So sweet. I attended one this weekend as well :)