more ยป" />

Running With The Bride

by Meghann on October 13, 2012

Happy Wedding Day, Anne P.!

20121013_081445.jpg

Psst.. you should check out Anne’s blog today, she wrote the sweetest tribute to her hubby-to-be that made me tear up a bit. They really are the sweetest, cutest couple and I’m so happy for them!

Last night Theodora’s flight was delayed a little longer than we had anticipated. No worries, I found a spot in Starbucks, blogged, and caught up on emails. Once she did arrive we hightailed it to Hertz where I rented my first car ever. Just another little nugget to cross off of the I’m-really-a-grown-up-now list.

photo (4).JPG

The whole system was pretty cool. Since I had a reservation already via Expedia I didn’t have to wait in line and instead got to video chat with a representative that could have been anywhere in the country. I just swiped my credit card, swiped my ID, promised I would play by the laws of the road, and the person on the other end printed my paperwork and sent us to our car. Easy peasy.

Luckily, our final destination was a straight shot from the airport and took us less than an hour to get there. We stopped at Subway for dinner and split a foot long chicken sub. We also stopped in on the meet-and-greet the groom’s family hosted and said a quick hello to Anne and Matt.

20121012_215858.jpg

I enjoyed a nice glass of Virginia red wine and a brownie bite while we were there. ;)

This morning Theodora and I were up early to meet Anne and friends for a quick run before wedding craziness took over.

20121013_074423.jpg

I’ve been debating running on my wedding day, so I’m so glad Anne did it too. She seemed really relaxed and happy to have a moment to chat with friends and shake her legs out before the day took over. It was also GORGEOUS outside. Not a cloud in the sky and amazing cool temps that made for wonderful running conditions.

20121013_080141.jpg

Theodora and I did a quick 3 miles with the girls, then we both wished each other luck as they went off to start hair and make-up and we continued on for the remaining miles of our planned 12 miler.

20121013_081638.jpg

The weather was perfect, but neither Theodora nor I were feeling the run. We decided to not beat ourselves up and just do what we could. We ended up back at the car at mile 9 and were happy to stop there. 9 miles? We’ll take it!

20121013_092012.jpg

Also, I’m so happy it was finally somewhere cool enough to wear the AWESOME Brooks Nightlife gear they sent me last month.

20121013_091951.jpg 20121013_092003.jpg

Love the bright color of the jacket, the super flattering fit of the capris, and how the material was just the right balance of keeping me warm and not letting me over heat. I would say the weight of the jacket is comparable with a dry fit long sleeve shirt, which makes it perfect for running up here in the fall up here or running in Florida in the winter. It also has strategically placed points of retroreflectivity to make you more visible at night (which is crucial since shorter days are upon us).

20121013_091957.jpg

After our run we headed into downtown and found the cutest bakery for breakfast.

20121013_093204.jpg

When I asked what kind of bread they had for their breakfast sandwiches, the owner pulled out a tray of fresh baked honey wheat and honey white to drool over.

20121013_092927.jpg

Sold!

I ordered an egg sandwich with mushrooms, spinach, avocado, and parmesan on the honey wheat.

20121013_094454.jpg

A-ma-zing! The bread was so hearty and so delicious, it definitely made the sandwich. :)

20121013_094506.jpg

Now that our run is over and we have happy bellies, it’s time to get ready for all the wedding festivities!

P.S. Since a few of you were asking, I went through my inbox and found the Amazon receipt for the spanx-like panties I wore yesterday. Here’s the link. I liked these because they were lacy and girlie. I have an official Spanx brand top that I ordered off of Ruelala a few years ago, but I hate it. I couldn’t breathe while wearing it and would get agitated and light headed. At least with these, I can still breathe and not feel the need to take them off a few hours in (I think the fact that I wore them through a day of traveling and was still comfortable speaks volumes). But that’s just my two cents.

1 Sana October 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm

:) You should totally run on your wedding day! It’s a huge part of who you are and it will help you relax!

2 Kaitlyn October 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I vote yes to running on wedding days! Personally, I love to run on the mornings of “big days”…whether it be a big day at work, an event, etc., a nice morning run puts me in a good, calm mindset for the day ahead. I couldn’t imagine NOT running on my wedding day!

3 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward October 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I LOVED running on my wedding day! It seemed like such a natural way to get the day going – not to mention I had my friends around and one came with! :) I LOVE your jacket! It is on my to-get list for this fall/winter running season!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 13, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I love the idea of getting in a morning run before the big day. I’m totally making note of that for when/if my day comes! ;)

5 Cher @ Weddicted October 13, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I worked out on my wedding day, too! And I went to the grocery store to pick up some sandwiches, fruit tray, etc. for the girls.. I ran into a few people there and they were like, “umm, aren’t you getting married today?” If you can be yourself and be relaxed, it makes the day feel so normal :)

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I love the idea of a wedding morning run, my brother even went or a run the morning of his wedding and he doesn’t even run! Have a great time at the wedding!

7 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie October 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Have so much fun at the wedding! I can’t wait to see pictures!

8 Gavi October 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I went for a run on my wedding day with my mom, brother, and brother-in-law, and it was one of the best parts of my day! It was so nice to relax with my family before the craziness set in, and it was the perfect way to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for the excitement ahead. I highly recommend the wedding day run!

9 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 13, 2012 at 3:46 pm

You’re totally going to want to WOD on your wedding day after these next few months of CrossFit LOL

10 ash bear October 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I ran 3 miles with my MOH on wedding day and loved it! We’ll totally run on your wedding day; just not a marathon or half. :) have so much fun this weekend!

11 Anna October 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I think a run on ones wedding day would be perfect for the nerves. And that shirt is sweet.
I also really, really like the hot pink of this jacket, it definitely ads to the visibility factor. Though of course it`s the reflectiveness that comes to play when it`s dark outside.
Finally, that breakfast looks ah-ma-zing!!

12 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 13, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Fresh bread is my favourite smell on the planet — just hearing about your bakery visit is making me swoon!!
Enjoy your evening! Best wishes to the bride and groom!!

13 Christine (The Raw Project) October 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I didn’t run, but I did hit the gym on my wedding day – perfect way to calm nerves and reduce stress. :-)

14 Erica October 13, 2012 at 5:36 pm

SO fun that you got to run with the bride! I taught a group fitness classes to my bestie and her bridesmaids last weekend at her wedding. Awesome. That sandwich looks ridiculous good! Enjoy the wedding

15 Nina October 13, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Every runner bride I’ve known has run on their wedding day. Makes sense if it’s something you love!

16 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 13, 2012 at 8:36 pm

that sandwich looks so good!!

17 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 13, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Love that running jacket! I need some fun bright ones for the fall and winter!

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 13, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Congratulations, Anne! What a great day for a wedding :)

19 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 14, 2012 at 8:27 am

I love the idea of running on ur wedding day, great way to relax before the hectic day. Love the jacket too btw.

20 Cara October 14, 2012 at 8:47 am

I ran on my wedding day and it was the best idea! It was loads of fun with friends and bridesmaids and it really relaxed me for the day! I def recommend it!
Also, love the jacket! Enjoy the beautiful fall weather! :)

21 madge | the vegetarian casserole queen October 14, 2012 at 10:07 am

Nine miles sounds great to me! I’d be happy to find enough daylight to run 2 miles! Good idea about running on wedding day…I think you should do it!

22 Megan October 14, 2012 at 9:14 pm

My husband and I hosted a 5k the morning of our wedding. We had about 30 people running and it was so much fun! My mom was panicking about our appointments, but everything worked out fine. We made tshirts for everyone and gave out prizes.