Bacon and Eggs

by Meghann on October 12, 2012

Derek made breakfast this morning. :)

I was heading into the shower when he mentioned something about bacon and asked if I wanted a piece too. Sure! I’m always down for bacon. Then when I was all squeaky clean I came out to discover that not only was there bacon, he had made a big pan of scrambled eggs too. There’s nothing better than having breakfast already prepared after a shower. (especially when it’s prepared by a sexy man!)

20121012_084857.jpg

I filled my plate up with eggs, bacon, and the last peach that I heated up with some cinnamon. An awesome, filling breakfast – thanks, babe!

It was also a well deserved breakfast after the shoulder workout Felipe put us through this morning.

20121012_073257.jpg

He mentioned this morning that our whole team needs to work on our shoulder strength so he’s been putting us through the ringer with paddle drills, butterflies, and an entire practice with full pull kits. I started with the big paddles and did 8 x 100s w/ 15 secs rest, then I moved to the smaller paddles for an addition 5x100s. I could really feel it by the end.

And just when I thought we were done… he told us to do 5x50s as hard as we could. He wanted negative splits, I wanted to flick him off. (Don’t worry – I resisted the urge.)

The 50s were hard, but I kept to his instructions and kept pushing. I didn’t have negative splits, but I did stay consistent, which was just as challenging in my book. ;)

Now I need to get to some last minute packing before my flight (I need to be out the door in an hour – yikes!)

Before I go, I need your help – which dress should I wear to the wedding?

20121012_091612.jpg 20121012_091558.jpg 20121012_091547.jpg

A, B, or C?

1 Theodora October 12, 2012 at 10:18 am

Bring ‘em all…but I say C!

2 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 10:19 am

I own A, but I wear it to work. :-) I vote B or C!

3 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 10:22 am

Really? I remember buying it from Target in 2008 with my mom. It was one of the first dresses I bought after I lost my weight, so it has some special meaning to it. I love the way it fits, I really should wear it more. :)

4 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

I also remember buying it from Target! I wear it with a blazer. I love how forgiving the ruffles are. I’d be buried in that dress if I could!

5 Katie D. October 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

A for an outdoors ceremony/reception!

6 Angela October 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

I vote A

7 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 12, 2012 at 10:21 am

Eek – sounds like a killer workout! And you found a good one- A guy who makes you breakfast is worth keeping!

My choice is C – Love the pink and the ruffles!

8 Michelle October 12, 2012 at 10:22 am

Definitely not A.
I vote C.

9 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 12, 2012 at 10:22 am

Most definitely C!! I love the colour and the style is super cute.
Consistency during speedwork is something that I’m struggling with right now. I joined a running training group, and having never done speedwork before, I’m getting a little over my head with such competitive runners. I’ll work hard and keep up for the first few intervals, but I tend to get a little frustrated as I get more tired as we move through the sets. But then, while biking home, I’ll be fine and feel like I could do it again.
I think that’s the point, pushing yourself through the short rest times, slowly building speed and confidence. I’ll get there, I just need to not get discouraged.
Sorry for starting to ramble — thank you for helping me see the light. :)

10 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

I hear ya. The short rest times are what kill me, but I know doing the intervals back to back is what makes me stronger. Keep at it, girl!

11 ct cupcake October 12, 2012 at 10:23 am

depends on the dress code
if it’s a daytime wedding A might work.
B is a no go for any wedding-looks way too short.
C for an evening wedding, but if it’s black tie optional, it might not be dressy enough

12 Yellow Haired Girl October 12, 2012 at 10:23 am

Good luck with packing! I choose C!

13 Annette @FitnessPerks October 12, 2012 at 10:23 am

I say C.

YAY for killer workouts! Have a safe flight :)

14 MissPinkKate October 12, 2012 at 10:25 am

Can I be honest and say I hate all the dresses? I do. They all look too short/revealing, particularly for a fall wedding. I think it’s time to buy something new!

15 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 10:29 am

Totally fine – you can have that opinion. :) I’m leaving for the airport in 30 minutes so I dont’ have time to buy a new dress. I also agree that the dresses look extra short in the photos. C (the red one) goes all the way to my knees.

16 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 10:39 am

Since I own A, I have to chime in and say it hits right above the knees.

17 Lauren October 12, 2012 at 10:59 am

:) i’m relieved to hear they aren’t that short. they all look super short, almost look like tops in the photos

18 melissa October 12, 2012 at 10:26 am

please, please do not wear B. it does not look short enough to be appropriate to wear anywhere.

19 melissa October 12, 2012 at 10:27 am

whoops, long enough. definitely not long enough to be appropriate.

20 Kathy October 12, 2012 at 10:30 am

I am just thinking brrrr…to all too. But, I am guessing its much warmer where you are in FL.

C if any with a nice shoulder shrug or something?

21 Mo October 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

I LOVE bacon & eggs!! :) I personally like dress A.

22 Em October 12, 2012 at 10:40 am

Whichever option you choose, I hope you have a warm sweater or cute jacket! It’s going to be chilly, especially coming from FL.

23 Lynda October 12, 2012 at 10:42 am

A if it’s a daytime wedding, C if it takes place late afternoon/night :)

24 Melissa October 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

No no no. Sorry, those dresses are so not appropriate. They look too short & revealing (at least on the hanger. I could be wrong though). Especially for the *certain* wedding I assume you’re going to…please buy something new!

25 La October 12, 2012 at 11:03 am

What is so inappropriate about them? I don’t know about you, but I wear strapless dresses to weddings all the time. The girl’s in her 20′s, she should wear something a little fun and flirty! Plus it’s a wedding… not a funeral people.

26 Lee October 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Sorry, but no.

None of those dresses is elegant enough for this particular wedding.

27 Melissa October 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm

These dresses might be okay for a run-of-the-mill wedding. *might* is the keyword.

However, the wedding she is going to is *not* your average wedding.

28 Elisabeth October 12, 2012 at 10:48 am

I vote C! Love the color & B definitely looks too short ;)

29 Krystina October 12, 2012 at 10:53 am

Unless these photos are misleading, none of these seem appropriate for a wedding unless it’s really casual. They’re too short and look too much like homecoming dresses or something. Do you have anything longer or classier?

30 Laura October 12, 2012 at 10:53 am

C!

31 Reenie October 12, 2012 at 10:58 am

Must be the angle…. I thought they were all tops!! :O HA!!! I vote for C.

32 Luna665 October 14, 2012 at 6:51 am

mee too!!!!photos are deceiving… I’d say B?

33 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward October 12, 2012 at 11:00 am

If the wedding is formal I would go with C – If not – A! Have fun!

34 Liz October 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Ditto on the comments hoping you have a cover-up to prevent freezing – I live in Northern Virginia and it’s going to be in the 50′s this weekend! The low tonight is 35… brr.

35 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I’m bringing a shawl and a cardigan, I promise this Florida girl is coming prepared for the cold! ;)

36 Christina October 12, 2012 at 11:25 am

Do you still have your sample bridesmaid dress? That would be perfect.

37 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I do, but I think it’s a little too similar to what Anne’s bridesmaids will be wearing. :)

38 Christina October 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Makes sense! Hope you get to wear it soon – it looks really nice on you.

39 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

oh, and I totally considered that ;)

40 Margaret October 12, 2012 at 11:25 am

Definitely A!

41 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 12, 2012 at 11:29 am

I vote C or A!!!! They are all cute though. :)

42 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride October 12, 2012 at 11:30 am

C! Love that color :)

43 Jessica October 12, 2012 at 11:38 am

I would really, really suggest you might want to purchase a new dress once you arrive. I don’t think any of those would be appropriate for the wedding. (I’m sure we all know whose wedding you are attending.) I think you would be way under-dressed for both the weather and the type of event.

44 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 11:43 am

I have to ask -who’s wedding is it?!

45 Jessica October 12, 2012 at 11:47 am

Anne P. from http://www.fannetasticfood.com. I think the wedding is black tie.

46 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 11:49 am

Black tie?! Eek, yeah, get a long dress Meghann! Better to be over than underdressed.

47 Anne P October 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

It’s not black tie – it’s outside. :) Everyone else will be in short dresses!

48 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Congrats on the big day =)

49 Luna665 October 14, 2012 at 6:53 am

so nice of you Anne to comment – so sweet!

50 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 12, 2012 at 11:57 am

I vote A but I bet you’ve already packed and left by now!

51 Katie @ running4cupcakes October 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I had bacon and eggs for dinner on Tuesday night- delicious! I vote A!!!

52 Holly October 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Yeah Meghann, since we know whose wedding this is and what types of people will be there, I SINCERELY SUGGEST running to Tyson’s Corner when you arrive in VA (that’s our gigantic mall that isn’t too far from the wedding) and doing some emergency dress shopping. Those dresses are too young/informal for the type of event this is going to be. Seriously. Buy a new dress.

53 Katie October 12, 2012 at 1:40 pm

If you can’t get to Tyson’s (or don’t want to deal with it, it can be intimidating), Crystal City is also good – it’s smaller but has a high quality selection. I’m the child of two former Navy Officers and have been to my share of Navy balls and I’m sorry to say that even when I was in HS/college none of those dresses would cut it. You should try to find something more mature looking – a little longer, more substantial material to match the weather, and be sure to cover your shoulders. You could find something like that for not too much money at like J. Crew or Banana or Nordstrom, make it your own with some fun accessories, and the good news is that a good basic cocktail dress will never go out of style :-) Have fun!

54 Melissa October 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Yeah, Tysons has everything you need, Meg. But it really depends on where you’re staying. If you’re in DC proper, and without a car, going to Tysons isn’t going to be easy, nor will it be a short jaunt. If you are somewhere with easy Metro access, you can go to the Pentagon City Mall (get off at the Pentagon City metro stop–the mall is inside the metro station!), or downtown DC has a few — there’s a Macy’s and an Anthro there…

55 Rebecca October 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm

C! I think it is plenty fancy for a wedding.

56 Jessica October 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm

But this isn’t just any wedding, considering the type of people who will be there. She really needs something more appropriate for the occasion.

57 Rebecca October 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Oh I didn’t know it was some sort of celebrity wedding? I’m going to a charity event in a few weeks (Scott Hamilton Cares) and I looked at pics from last year and a lot of the ladies had short dresses on. Even Kristi Yamaguchi (I butchered the spelling of that). And Cheryl Crow had pants on. So I got the impression that black-tie is more flexible these days. Maybe it’s just that particular event though. Anywho, I’m planning to go short, long dresses don’t feel young and fun enough. Hopefully I’m not underdressed .

58 Amanda October 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

HAHA – what do you mean “the type of people”? I think Meghann will use her judgment appropriately and pick the dress she feels most comfortable in. Unless she’s meeting the president, I think she’s fine.

59 Melissa October 12, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Uhh…with these “types of people” I wouldn’t be surprised if the prez shows up….

60 Lee October 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm

“Unless she’s meeting the president, I think she’s fine.”

I take it you don’t know who may be at the wedding Meghann’s attending.

And this reminds me of the time when my husband was in college doing high-level math and his dad said, “Don’t stress over it so much. It’s not like it’s rocket science!” and my husband said, “Actually, Dad, it is.”

61 Lindsay October 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Yeah, I mean, in DC, dress codes are actually followed and are pretty stringent. With that said, I do think black tie is still a bit more loosely defined now than it used to be. You can get away with a short dress, but only if it is really special and formal. I think C is the only option that comes close, and I’m not sure it would even fit in.

62 Amanda October 12, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Ok definitely didn’t know that fun fact! :) I guess what I mean is if Meghann is close enough with Anne to be invited to her wedding, I’m sure it’s been communicated what the dress code will be!

63 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I’d vote for C!

64 Sam October 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Whoa–all of those dresses look extremely short in those pictures–maybe it is the angle? A lot of the previous comments say that this is a formal event-I think that C is your best bet out of the options you have available.

65 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I promise it’s just the angle. All of the dresses go to my knees – I would never wear anything that was inappropriate! :)

66 Jaclyn @ justjac October 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

A.

67 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm

B. You can’t go wrong with basic black!

68 Dani October 12, 2012 at 2:27 pm

A does not look fancy enough to be appropriate for a wedding. I’d go with C–and even then, dress it up with some sparkly jewelry and strappy heels. You’ll probably be cold outside though!

69 Danielle @ Long May You Run October 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm

“He wanted negative splits, I wanted to flick him off.” Best quote EVER! I sometimes have similar feelings about my swim coach ;)

On a more serious note, I can’t believe how many people think it’s any of their business what clothing you choose to wear or not wear. People are stupid. But in any case, C is very pretty!

70 j October 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

she asked!

71 Heather October 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm

To be fair she did as for readers opinions. I agree though people dont have to be so harsh. For all of us who have been reading Meals and Miles, Meghann has never dressed wildly inappropriate in posted pictures. I am sure her judgement for dresses is perfect for the occassion. While the dresses do look really short, I bet she knows better than to wear a scandalously short dress to a nice wedding.

72 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 12, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I don’t think hangers really do dresses any justice so it’s hard to tell, but I’m leaning toward B.

73 Eri October 12, 2012 at 3:15 pm

A!

74 Lindsay A October 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I vote A!

75 Danielle October 12, 2012 at 4:17 pm

C could be a good option if it’s dressed up, but checking out some other options at Pentagon City, etc. could be an idea, too. There are a ton of stores there with different price points. DC is a different breed… we get pretty dressed up here, and it seems that isn’t really your style & everyone knows it, Meghann – so I wouldn’t fret about it – i’m sure whatever you choose will be fine! I’m sure Anne is super excited that you’re attending and doesn’t care a bit what you wear ;)

76 A October 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm

love, you’ll look great in whatever you wear, but i would probably go with C…have a great time!

77 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 12, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I really like A! Cute.

And omg, my boyfriend needs to read your blog and take a few notes from Derek. :)

78 Kristen October 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I vote A but all are cute

79 Janine @ The Purple Giraffe October 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Yikes, they all look super short, so I’m hoping that’s just the angle of the photo! If they’re all a wedding-appropriate length, I’d say C.

80 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I like 3! Have fun, sounds like it’ll be a fun wedding :)

81 cathy@1970kikiproject October 12, 2012 at 5:50 pm

i like “A!”

82 Haley October 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Bahaha it cracks me up that people who read blogs assume that they know exactly how the wedding is going to be–kills me. Wear what you’re comfortable in, lady! I’m sure you’ll look great in any of the above.

And as people say, you know what assuming does……

83 Meghann October 12, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Thanks, Haley :)

84 Stephanie October 12, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Mmmm bacon! And I think u should go with A !

85 Lauren @ Part Time House Wife October 13, 2012 at 9:33 am

Breakfast by a sexy man. Win. Win

86 T. October 13, 2012 at 10:53 am

C for sure!

87 Hope October 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm

:) Meghann, I think the maroon dress is beautiful! And come on, everyone. I think she’s perfectly capable of making an “appropriate” decision! Have fun at the wedding!

88 Carolyn October 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Well that was unexpected! haha