Spaghetti Squash Pancakes

by Meghann on October 10, 2012

I have an appointment on the other side of town, but before I rushed off I wanted to share the delicious lunch I made today with last night’s leftover spaghetti squash.

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes

• 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
  • 1 egg, scrambled
  • 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
  • 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
  • oregano, garlic salt, thyme, salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then divide in batter in thirds and form into pancake shapes. Add spaghetti squash pancakes to a hot greased pan and wait 2-3 minutes before flipping. Keep cooking until the inside is cooked and the outside is crispy and golden.

Top with marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, and a sprinkle of basil (or you could do salsa and cheddar cheese or whatever strikes your fancy!)

They rocked! HIGHLY recommend if you have leftover spaghetti squash in the house. They’re warm and filling and I love the crispiness of outer pancake.

Yum!

I posted my Bridal Shape-Up Plan on the wedding page today – go check it out!

And I’m off!

1 Lisa October 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Annnnnd now I know what I’m having for dinner.

2 Heather Wilson October 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm

This looks delish!!! ; ) Must try!
Heather Wilson recently posted..Progress Track: Gain Weight ?

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I love the idea of spaghetti squash pancakes, they remind me of latkes! I’ll have to give these a try!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Marathon Day

4 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Very creative! This looks great!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..….And Give Strength To Body and Soul Alike.

5 natalie @ will jog for food October 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

What a great use for spaghetti squash! I might have to make those tonight :)
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Pregnancy Update – Week 14

6 Annette @FitnessPerks October 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Oooh I love this idea!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Protein Apple Chunk Muffins

7 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm

You are a…GENIUS!!! Seriously, I never would have thought to use spaghetti squash leftovers in such a creative way. This is going on my Easy Dinner Pinterest board-stat!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Indentity Crisis: Who the Heck Am I?!

8 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I NEVER would have thought of this but they look amazing! Like latkes! I really need to get some spaghetti squash asap!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Sweaty girl breaks Kindle

9 Cher @ Weddicted October 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Wow looks so good!! If I wasn’t leaving on vacation soon and trying to eat up what’s in the house, I would definitely run out and buy a spaghetti squash for tomorrow!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Bridesmaids in Rain Boots

10 the 3volution of j3nn October 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Sounds yummy! Leftovers would rock salads the next day.
the 3volution of j3nn recently posted..Monday Musings Vol. 3

11 Maris King October 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

That looks very delicious. II never thought that spaghetti can be made into pancakes! That is really new to me.
Maris King recently posted..Doors Made In Solid Timber

12 Nicholas October 10, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Welp, at least I know why I’m fat. That looks INCREDIBLE. I’d eat that all night long.

13 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife October 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

this is such a good idea. I love spaghetti squash and now this is just another way to use it! thanks for the idea!

14 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Oh yum. I’m gonna need to try this. This looks easy enough for me. :-)
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Super Easy Cream Cheesy Bars

15 Cait the Arty Runnerchick October 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm

oh my gosh, i wouldn’t have thought to do this with spaghetti squash…i’ll have to try. thanks for sharing! :)
Cait the Arty Runnerchick recently posted..Comment on We Don’t Run From Something, We Run Straight TOWARDS Something by Missy

16 jameil October 11, 2012 at 6:07 am

Oh this is definitely getting made in the next week! I bookmarked ravioli casserole and made it the day after I read about it on your blog. My husband loved it so much he ate what were supposed to be his lunch leftovers at dinner. LOL
jameil recently posted..Monday Mindspacing Vol. 150

17 Carissa @Fit2Flex October 11, 2012 at 11:36 am

What a great idea! I usually eat all the spaghetti squash, but I’ll save some out for this recipe. You’re so creative!