Paddle Day

by Meghann on October 9, 2012

Good Morning!

Our swim coach went heavy on the paddles at the pool this morning. It was a full hour of back and forth with the paddles and 10-15 seconds rest after each 50. Yawn. Boring. BUT as bored as I was just going back and forth, I knew he was doing this for a reason. I basically spent the full hour concentrating 100% on my stroke technique. I took each 50 on the slow side, so I could really exaggerate each movement. By the end I could feel a difference – I was entering the water a little smoother, moving across the pool a little easier, and it just felt better in general. I guess sometimes a day of just straight paddles is needed. :)

I did take the paddles off for my final 100 cool down. You know that “brick” feeling your legs gets when you go from the bike to the run? I would say going from swimming with paddles, to not swimming with paddles gives you the same feeling with your arms. It felt really funny to swim without them, like my hands should naturally be 3 times their normal size or something.

I had to jet out of practice a little on the early side today and rush home to make a quick breakfast of apple slices, PB2 peanut butter, and a cheese stick (I know, random, but I felt my breakfast needed something else and the cheese stick came to mind).

20121009_081611.jpg

Why the hurry? I’m going to be on TV!

425287_348158188555801_1952640545_n.jpg

Kat and I were asked to join the Pretty Muddy team on Daytime this morning to take the host through a mock-up of the course. I’ve never been on a daytime talk show before! Eekkk!

Feel free to tune in and watch us make fools of ourselves. :) Click here to see when Daytime is on in your area. I’m told we’re the last segment of the show, so look for us in the last 5-10 minutes! If your a Tampa local, the show airs on WFLA-TV (channel 8 – NBC) from 11:00am – Noon.

Time to get muddy!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

Good luck filming the show!!! and have fun!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Chicago Marathon Expo

2 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 9, 2012 at 8:55 am

Ah, so exciting, Meghann! Good luck and have fun! :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Settling In

3 Karen October 9, 2012 at 9:04 am

That’s so fun! Have fun filming :)
Karen recently posted..How Not to Celebrate Columbus Day

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 9, 2012 at 9:05 am

Ohmygoodness!! That’s actually spectacular!! Have a great time!!
(Ps. SUCH a weird feeling when you take the paddles off! Or when you’ve been working with a pull-buoy and finally get to use your legs again. I would get the same feeling when we would do long technique drills in rowing as well — when you go back to just rowing normally, it feels like it really should be the other way. Funny how our mind can get so used to a feeling like that!)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Sweet Dreams + Interview Part II

5 Beth October 9, 2012 at 9:12 am

So exciting! Can’t wait to see you gals in action.
Beth recently posted..Tuesday Truths

6 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 9, 2012 at 9:14 am

How exciting! Good luck!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I Live Without Closet Doors…

7 NYC Fit Girl October 9, 2012 at 9:17 am

oo so fun!!! This is exciting!! I wonder is they are going to do your hair and make-up I love getting that professionally done.
NYC Fit Girl recently posted..Rain Rain Go Away

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 9, 2012 at 9:31 am

Good luck today! That’s an awesome opportunity.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Fitness Plans + Old Stomping Grounds.

9 Emily N October 9, 2012 at 9:33 am

great swim workout!
Emily N recently posted..Taper Brain Causes Too Much

10 Katherine October 9, 2012 at 9:44 am

That’s so exciting!

Hosting a GMO free chip giveaway here : http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2012/10/gmo-free.html
Katherine recently posted..GMO Free

11 Becky @ runfundone October 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

Ack! I’d be so nervous if I was going to be on TV. Good luck!!!
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..Marathon Weekend

12 Annette @FitnessPerks October 9, 2012 at 10:48 am

Good luck–and have FUN :)

13 Allison October 9, 2012 at 11:05 am

Wow. That’s awesome!

14 Michelle October 9, 2012 at 11:34 am

Have fun filming!
Michelle recently posted..New Beginnings

15 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 9, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Congrats on the TV segment, that’s awesome! And I’m impressed by your concentration in the pool…it’s so easy to let your mind wander!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..How to Help Your Partner Become Healthier

16 Heather Wilson October 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Daytime! That’s awesome!
Famous pretty muddy girls now!
Heather Wilson recently posted..Tasty Tuesday : Spanikopita Chicken Meatballs

17 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 9, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Good luck with your TV appearance!!!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..5 miles and a Quick Breakfast