Happy Monday

by Meghann on October 8, 2012

Good Morning!

How was your weekend?

I’d say it was a good weekend. :)

This morning I kicked the new week off with a 4 mile run around the block. I tried to mix it up by stopping every mile for a minute of lunges, a minute of jumping jacks, a minute of squats, and a minute of high knees. The mini-circuit helped break the run up and got my heart rate up (I kept an easy pace for the miles in between). I enjoyed the change of pace and am hoping I can play around with the mini-circuit idea for future runs.

I had a bowl of yogurt with granola, fruit, and almond butter for breakfast.

IMG_2016.JPG

in the mix:

• Vanilla Oikos
  • Peach
  • Walnuts
  • NaturePath Granola
  • Almond Butter

IMG_2012.JPG

The peach wasn’t very good. I think the couple I bought at the store will be my last of the season. So sad. :(

Time to get to work!

Have a great day!

1 Cara @ I Don't Believe in Diets October 8, 2012 at 10:25 am

Looks like a great breakfast. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Cara @ I Don’t Believe in Diets recently posted..September 24, 2012 – Quiche Cornbread

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 8, 2012 at 10:40 am

I like the idea of adding circuits in between miles. Great way to get cardio and strength all at once!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Canadian Turkey.

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 8, 2012 at 11:14 am

I need to try doing that on runs, I think it would make it more mentally interesting!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Chicago Marathon Race Re-Cap

4 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 8, 2012 at 11:20 am

Your run/circuit idea is great! I might just have to do that this week.
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Arms N’ Abs Superset Workout

5 natalie @ will jog for food October 8, 2012 at 11:32 am

Maybe I’ll have to see Pitch Perfect!

Too bad that peach wasn’t so good :(
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..What I’m Shoving in my Pie Hole

6 Alexandra October 8, 2012 at 11:44 am

What a great weekend! There’s nothing quite like an autumn bike ride; though I will miss peach season.

7 Laura October 8, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I don’t think I will be seeing Pitch Perfect.. I can’t stand the lead actress! I saw Wicked on Saturday night, instead. Baltimore was one of their stops on the 2nd National tour. You should check it out if they make anywhere close to FL! Great performance!
Laura recently posted..Wicked Saturday Fun

8 Liz October 8, 2012 at 1:13 pm

It is great that you stopped and incorporated some other exercises with your run. Right now I am too lazy to do that myself. :) Looks like a great breakfast. :)
Liz recently posted..FD164- What the Hell is Runner High?….My Sore Feet Want to Know!

9 Annette @FitnessPerks October 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm

That b-fast looks yumm! And nice job on the 40 miler bike ride!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Enjoyable Moments

10 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm

The end of a fruit season is always so sad … I only realized it was happening when the peach prices here magically doubled in the span of a week. Needless to say, I was devastated!!
You definitely had a busy weekend!! I’m liking the mini circuit in the middle of your miles. I’m going on a steady middle-distance run tomorrow morning — I think I’m going to be tossing some exercises in there, just to keep things interesting. Thanks!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..MIMM — Thanksgiving Special Edition

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 8, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Sad about the peach but the good news is there are some seriously delicious apples and pears just waiting for you! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Jog.fm

12 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 9, 2012 at 7:35 am

Ohh I want to see Pitch Perfect! That dude from Workaholics cracks me up. Plus I think he makes out with Rebel Wilson in the movie…awesome. And I have really been enjoying mini circuits, too. It’s an easy way to slowly start moving yourself out of your comfort zone. This weekend I did interval runs on my neighborhood track and broke up sets with: 30 squat jumps, 30 pushups, 30 dips and 30 calf raises. Repeat. I’m still feeling the burn!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..How to Help Your Partner Become Healthier