Another month has come and gone. We’re getting down to the wire now – only 3 more to go!
Here’s what we’ve got…
- The venue
- A caterer
- The DJ
- Photo booth
- My dress
- My veil
- My “Somethings”
- Wedding jewelry
- Bridesmaid dresses
- Suits! (they came in! we’re in the process of getting them to all the groomsmen)
- A flower girl (our niece)
- The guest list
- A Wedding Website (here’s a tour of it!)
- Engagement photos
- The photographer
- Wedding registries
- Hotel room block
- The cake cutter (my parents)
- A cake plan
- A DIY flower plan (flowers have been pre-ordered!)
- Brother Jack
- First dance song
- Mother/Son song (keeping it a secret until the big day!)
- Hair person (same one that did my sister’s wedding)
- Make-up person (same one that did my sister and SIL’s wedding)
- A date for the Bridal Shower/ Bachelorette Party! (December 1st! Invitations have been ordered)
- Bachelor party is booked! (a little jealous of the boys weekend CRUISE!)
- Toasting flutes
- My wedding band
- Videographer (connected with a friend who agreed to do it 🙂 )
- Cake topper
Stuff currently “in the works”
- cowgirl boots + cardigans for bridesmaids <- I think only one bridesmaid is missing boots now
- Derek’s wedding band
- Location for rehearsal dinner <— Derek’s parents working on this.
- To book the honeymoon <— we know where we’re going, just need to confirm dates and book!
- Invitations <– designed and ordered!!!!!!
- Flower girl dress <– still not sure, might be a last minute purchase
- Something for the flower girl to carry <– my grandpa is working on this
- Officiant <– talking to him this weekend!
- Bridesmaids gifts <– in the process of designing
- Guestbook <- LOTS of great advice in the comments, but still unsure
- Sparklers for exit <– ordering online, just need to purchase
- Songs for: ceremony, introductions, father/daughter dance
- Groomsmen gifts (tie + ?)
And here’s what we still need (thinking long term here):
- Chair rentals (for ceremony)
- Gifts for parents
- Ceremony script <– hoping officiant will help with this 🙂
- Day-of timelines
- Center pieces (have an idea. need to connect with my aunt again)
- Decorations (need to order!!)
- Programs? (I’m liking the chalkboard idea for this one)
- Creative seating chart (ideas?)
- Dessert bar (double as favors)
- Alcohol (caterer is supplying the bartender)
- Navy shoes
- Marriage license (this is a month out task)
- Find someone to do alterations on bridal gown (any leads on someone in Titusville?)
- Reserve shuttle service between hotel and wedding site
- …and ????? I’m sure I’m leaving a few things off here
Man, I am so glad I do this every month! It reminds me of all the little tasks I still need to do – like ordering the gifts for the parents! We know what we want, we just need to order them!
I’d say we had a productive month last month! So happy to have one of my biggest stressors (booking a DJ!) out of the way. We were even able to make some headway on booking our honeymoon. Derek and I had one of those we’re-not-leaving-this-counch-until-we-decide-on-a-honeymoon pacts on Friday where we spent two hours reading reviews until we found a location we both agreed on. As of right now we’re just waiting to confirm some dates, then we are booking that baby!
I’m also happy to report that the invitations have been ordered! They’re currently on their way to our house and I can’t wait to finally see them in person. I’ll share all the details once they’ve been addressed and mailed.
We have a date with our officiant this weekend (really looking forward to this) and my hope is the date will open the conversation to how Derek and I both envision the ceremony for the big day. We’ve discussed it a little, but not as much as we should (to be honest, we don’t even know where to begin!). The ceremony is a HUGE part of the wedding and we both want to make sure we get it right.
There are still a few items I’m a little worried about (decorations, center pieces, etc.), but those are just little things that I know we have plenty of time to figure out. I feel very good at this point in the planning process. I’m excited, happy, and can’t wait to marry the man of my dreams (and finally call him my HUSBAND!).
3 months and counting!