Wedding: 3 Months To Go!

by Meghann on October 5, 2012

Another month has come and gone. We’re getting down to the wire now – only 3 more to go!

3monthstogo.jpg

Here’s what we’ve got…

Stuff currently “in the works”

And here’s what we still need (thinking long term here):

• Chair rentals (for ceremony)
  • Gifts for parents
  • Ceremony script <– hoping officiant will help with this 🙂
  • Day-of timelines
  • Center pieces (have an idea. need to connect with my aunt again)
  • Decorations (need to order!!)
  • Programs? (I’m liking the chalkboard idea for this one)
  • Creative seating chart (ideas?)
  • Dessert bar (double as favors)
  • Alcohol (caterer is supplying the bartender)
  • Navy shoes
  • Marriage license (this is a month out task)
  • Find someone to do alterations on bridal gown (any leads on someone in Titusville?)
  • Reserve shuttle service between hotel and wedding site
  • …and ????? I’m sure I’m leaving a few things off here

Man, I am so glad I do this every month! It reminds me of all the little tasks I still need to do – like ordering the gifts for the parents! We know what we want, we just need to order them!

I’d say we had a productive month last month! So happy to have one of my biggest stressors (booking a DJ!) out of the way. We were even able to make some headway on booking our honeymoon. Derek and I had one of those we’re-not-leaving-this-counch-until-we-decide-on-a-honeymoon pacts on Friday where we spent two hours reading reviews until we found a location we both agreed on. As of right now we’re just waiting to confirm some dates, then we are booking that baby!

I’m also happy to report that the invitations have been ordered! They’re currently on their way to our house and I can’t wait to finally see them in person. I’ll share all the details once they’ve been addressed and mailed.

We have a date with our officiant this weekend (really looking forward to this) and my hope is the date will open the conversation to how Derek and I both envision the ceremony for the big day. We’ve discussed it a little, but not as much as we should (to be honest, we don’t even know where to begin!). The ceremony is a HUGE part of the wedding and we both want to make sure we get it right.

There are still a few items I’m a little worried about (decorations, center pieces, etc.), but those are just little things that I know we have plenty of time to figure out. I feel very good at this point in the planning process. I’m excited, happy, and can’t wait to marry the man of my dreams (and finally call him my HUSBAND!).

3 months and counting!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I really love this pic! 😀

Sounds like you are making excellent progress with the wedding checklist!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..“I’M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!”

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I can’t believe time had gone by so quickly! I feel like I was just reading about your proposal!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..It’s time.

3 natalie @ will jog for food October 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I’m so excited for you! Your wedding is going to be amazing 🙂

FYI, love that last pic from Epcot! I tried to snap a pic when I went on it but I was too slow, boo.
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..What I’m Shoving in my Pie Hole

4 christieo October 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm

how exciting!!! oh how the list gets so long doesn’t it? for the seating chart, we picked all our favorite places to go and sat everyone at a table according to those, which was actually funny because everyone sort of fit into the places we picked. evan and i were in “napa valley” because that’s where we got engaged. We had “new york,” “germany,” “italy,” and that’s how we grouped everyone. it was fun. good luck with the rest of your list! You’re way ahead of the game in my opinion, we had 4 months to plan the whole thing from start to finish (we were trying to get it in before my sister in law left for afghanistan.)

Anyhoo, have fun! enjoy it all!
christieo recently posted..Today. 6 Months After The Cansuh.

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Bet that these next three months will be some of the fastest of your life — make sure you take time to take care of yourself!! So excited for you! I love reading about how everything is falling into place. 🙂
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Don’t Let It Get You Down

6 Casey October 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Hey Meghann! What are you getting your parents? My wedding is the end of the month and I still don’t know! I want it to be something special…not the usual picture frame, etc. They’ve just done so much for me! Any ideas anyone else has would be great too!

7 Life's a Bowl October 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Congrats!!! Super cute picture of you two 🙂

P.S. Biggest tip: have a day-of coordinator! I love planning [it’s my job] so I wanted to plan my own wedding but the day of I did not want to have people constantly asking me questions… I had one of my girlfriends stand-in as my coodinator and thoroughly enjoyed our big day!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Favorite Finds Friday 10.5.12 / Charlie’s Birthday

8 Emily N October 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm

That picture cracks me up in an “i-love-it-so-much” kind of way. these 3 months will FLY!
Emily N recently posted..30 Before 30

9 Cher @ Weddicted October 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I felt like the three months before my wedding dragged. The week before though.. that was a serious blur!
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Friday Favourites

10 Amy P. October 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm

thought you would like the cute I Spy cards for photos at the wedding