more ยป" />

Soup Sweat

by Meghann on October 4, 2012

Tonight’s dinner was a twist on last month’s Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup.

IMG_1918.JPG

Only I…

• switched out the bacon for chicken sausage (all gone now!)
  • added two parsnips
  • added a cup or ricotta right before I pureed it

IMG_1920.JPG

The changes gave the soup a little more depth in flavor and a bit of texture. It was a little thicker and tasted just like fall, especially when I topped it with some raisins and walnuts. I licked the bowl clean. :)

IMG_1915.JPG

If only the weather would cooperate with my craving for soup – I was sweating while eating this bowl!

Worth it.

Who watched tonight’s episode of Glee?! I’m really digging the new season so far, I wasn’t sure where they would go with the show after the majority of the cast graduated, but I think the changes were exactly what the show needed to keep everything fresh. I’m just sad I have to wait until November for new episodes.

After the episode, I had to watch Blaine’s original rendition of Teenage Dream.

Doesn’t that just make you heart break even more? Sigh.

Good night!

1 Steph October 4, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Aside from Don’t Stop Believing, Teenage Dream is my all time favorite Glee song. His version tonight was heartbreaking, but I totally still bought it on iTunes. :)

2 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 4, 2012 at 11:09 pm

i LOVE glee!! i am bummed because i have to wait 8 days after the episode airs to watch it on hulu (college probs of not having a TV hahaha) but that means that i get to watch last week’s episode tomorrow!!

that soup looks really good too! :)

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 4, 2012 at 11:10 pm

why do we have to wait until november?!!?!

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 4, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Waiting for new episodes (of any show) mid-season is agony! I really don’t understand the motivation behind it. So frustrating!!

5 Cher @ Weddicted October 5, 2012 at 6:14 am

The ricotta was probably a great addition for some added protein.. good thinking. We were experiencing fall weather in Canada until yesterday – it was back to shorts! So weird.

6 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 5, 2012 at 7:24 am

I definitely need to try this soup. Sounds like a weekend project!

7 NYC Fit Girl October 5, 2012 at 8:00 am

I loved Glee tonight!! I honestly can say I was sad last night with the last song! I can’t believe we have to wait until November!

8 Laura October 5, 2012 at 8:13 am

I am with you – I have made a least one big pot of soup per week lately. We usually end up eating the soup on rainy nights which helps make up for the fact that it still feels like summer. I laughed out loud reading about you sweating and eating soup! Too funny!

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 5, 2012 at 9:29 am

I tried this soup when you posted it last month and it was awesome! I’m waiting til it cools off a little bit though because it felt weird eating it in 90 degree weather lol I watch to watch glee midway thru the season so I can watch back to back episodes on demand :)

10 Emily N October 5, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love love love Blaine (and his bros!) version of somebody that i used to know, and I also love Rachel and Quinn’s I feel pretty/unpretty. :-)

11 Jessica October 5, 2012 at 10:49 am

The soup sounded good before, because the salty bacon would balance the sweetness of the pumpkin. But you removed that and instead added additional sweetness with the raisin topping. Sounds more like a dessert than soup!

12 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’ve only seen the first episode of this season of Glee – most definitely need to catch up!

13 laura October 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

glee isn’t back until november? ughh they always do that :(

14 Meghann October 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Me too :(

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 13, 2012 at 9:36 am

aahhh, I love Glee. I actually had a dream last night that I had a baby girl and the Husband wanted to name her McKinley. I think I’ve watched too many episodes lately.