more ยป" />

You should…

by Meghann on October 3, 2012

FYI: last night’s ravioli bake leftovers were still awesome for lunch.

I threw in some leftover pieces of the roasted acorn squash from Monday night for good measure. :)

Maddie has a date with the vet this afternoon. Everything’s fine, she’s just due for her annual s-h-o-t-s (I think she knows something is up, she’s currently curled up on my lap like a sad little puppy).

In the mean time, you should…

water.jpeg

And we’re off!

1 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm

My dog is the EXACT same way with the vet!! haha. We live within walking distance of the vet and if we go to cross the major road leading towards their office, she’ll sit down and refuse to cross — even if she doesn’t have a check up and we’re just going to the park! Such a goofball, but I love her.
And drinking games + politics can be fabulous as long as you’re with people who don’t take things to seriously. Otherwise they can be a disaster!!

2 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm

oh my gosh- just checked out the JetBlue campaign… Brilliant!! and absolutely hilarious. I’m so in.

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Poor Maddie, good luck to her! and I’m definitely doing the Jet Blue promotion!!

4 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners October 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm

i’m actually looking forward to watching the debate tonight… i think i’ll be passing on the frinking game though, because judging by the words/phrases picked, people are going to be hammered 10 minutes in, lol!

good luck to maddie on her shots!!

5 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners October 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm

frinking = drinking… man, maybe i started early!

6 Nicole N October 3, 2012 at 3:13 pm

My dog isn’t afraid of the vet…yet. We actually walk by the vet every day on her walks, and she sniffs around the door and pulls to go in!

And my friend Anna just posted her Tower of Terror 10 mile recap here: http://theentryblank.com/2012/10/03/tower-of-terror-10-mile-race-recap/. It sounds like such a fun race!

7 Meghann October 4, 2012 at 11:35 am

Thanks for sharing Annie’s recap! :)

8 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm

after last night’s post and now this one, i’m craving a big bowl of cheesy pasta!

9 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 3, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I wish my leftovers looked that good! They were pretty tasty…just not pretty. :)

10 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Tower of Terror was pretty awesome. :-) And I do not say that about Disney races lightly. Here you go if you’re interested:

11 Meghann October 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

That’s good to hear. I’m thinking about running it next year and considering your experience with past Disney races, I’ll take it as a plus you thought it was a good rase. :)

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Those leftovers look so good! I hope Maddie does great!

13 Kathy October 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm

shoot…I am sitting here drinking a big old glass of Diet Coke…just needed that today what can I say! ;-)

14 Melissa October 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Totally unrelated question, but what do you know about using two-a-days as part of marathon training? I’m thinking about registering for my first full (LA Marathon) in March, but the midweek 8 mile-ish runs are nearly impossible to do with my work schedule. Usually I ran a max of 5 miles in the morning, but I was thinking of doing 5 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon for that longer midweek run. 3 is about all I’d have energy for in the afternoon. What do you think? (I’ve already done 3 half marathons and by the time LA happens I will have done 5, so I’m not a total stranger to long runs).

15 Meghann October 4, 2012 at 11:44 am

I know I’ve read articles from Runner’s World in the past (can’t find the link now) that recommend this type of training. I’ve personally never tried it since I’m usually too lazy in the afternoon to run if I’ve already run in the morning. I know for longer runs, they say it’s good training to know the feeling of running on tired legs. However, I’m not an expert. I’m sorry!

16 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I was so bummed that the Tower of Terror run was sold out when I went to sign up for it! Next year I will start checking much earlier :)

17 Annette @FitnessPerks October 3, 2012 at 6:59 pm

That JetBlue campaign is cooooolll! Hah :)

18 Yo Momma Runs October 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm

OK, now I have to go buy some acorn squash.

And I totally voted with Jet Blue. Super fun! And almost makes me hope my candidate of choice loses. Almost!

19 Lisa Fine October 3, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Hey Meghann! My friend Danielle wrote a post about the TofT:

Unfortunately, it sounded super humid that night!

20 Emily N October 4, 2012 at 9:33 am

Makes me wish Jet Blue flies out of Cincinnati…