Wedding: Photo Booth

by Meghann on October 2, 2012

How much fun are photo booths at weddings?

I’ve had one at the top of my totally-unnecessary-but-would-love-to-have list since the very beginning. What a great keepsake for both the guests and newlyweds to remember the day by.

Unfortunately photo booths are pricy, especially when you’re getting married in a small town. I looked at a few booths that were either out of my price range or unwilling to drive to Titusville (without a hefty travel charge attached). Bummer.

Luckily I have a solution to that problem. My venue offers an add-on package for a makeshift photo booth during the reception. For a small fee they’ll set up a photo booth, supply the props, and take photos as guests pose in front of a backdrop of our choosing.

422291_458798400821663_1936036029_n.jpeg

(a selection of their props)

They’ll save all the photos to a disc and hand it over the next day to do with what we wish. I plan to make a digital scrapbook of the photos to keep on our end (maybe encourage friends and family to sign their photos when they visit?) and (this was what my sister’s friend did) send an additional copy of the photo to the guests when I send out the thank you cards.

Screen shot 2012-10-02 at 3.34.51 PM.png

My sister attended a wedding last year with the same set-up (and the same photographer!) and loved opening her thank you card to find the photo inside. She thought it was a nice surprise/ memento to remember the day by.

Birdsong will supply the props, but we can also add our own little touches to make the photos extra special. Maybe some seminole inspired props? photos of Maddie? ski gear so the guests can at least pretend it’s cold outside? the possibilities are endless. ;)

Did you have a photo booth at your wedding? What are your favorite photo booth props?

1 melissa October 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I love love love photobooths! I really want one at my wedding. I’ve seen a lot of weddings where you get one copy of pictures for yourself and one to paste in a book with notes for the newlyweds. I think that’s a really cool keepsake idea!
melissa recently posted..On one knee

2 Maureen @ Organically Mo October 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I LOVE this idea!!! I think I am going to make my hubby do a 10-year vow renewal ceremony JUST so I can have a kick ass reception with all the fun wedding stuff that has popped up since 2005! lol
Maureen @ Organically Mo recently posted..Spaghetti Squash Tutorial

3 natalie @ will jog for food October 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm

It’s a great idea! I didn’t have one at my wedding (the reception was on the beach so I guess it wouldn’t be too feasible.

I love the mustaches :)
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Baby O – Week 13

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm

you should make a life-size cardboard cut-out of Maddie!!! That would be too cute – like she’s there!

5 Angela October 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I went to a wedding where they had a Polaroid camera and everyone took a picture and stuck it in the guest book with a message. They did this after the meal (and a few drinks!) so there were loads of fun photos rather than awkward group shots.

I’m also a fan of the low tech disposable cameras on the tables.

6 Dori October 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I got an open photo booth as an add-on with my DJ, and it wasn’t too much more money (especially since the photos will double as our favor). There will be a backdrop of our choosing, and the pictures will print right away and will have whatever info we want on it — any background design, our names and date, etc. The photo will come on a cute little stand so guests can place them on the tables and look at them and take them home. Because it’s open, lots of people can fit into one photo and it will provide entertainment for others too. I’m really excited for it! And it sounds similar to yours.
Dori recently posted..How did I ever run without Injinji socks?

7 erica October 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm

i LOVE photobooths! i love all the mustache props…heck, i love all props! :)
erica recently posted..weekend rundown

8 Cher @ Weddicted October 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I have never been to a wedding with one, but when I see pictures of people’s weddings with them I wish that we had chosen to have one at ours!
Out of curiousity, what would it cost you? I was getting quotes around $1000 here in Ontario
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Wedding inspiration: Feathers

9 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 2, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I love photobooths!! I’m a HUGE fan of the big faux mustaches and Harry Potter glasses (separately!! Never together!) when they have them. :)
Sounds like a fabulous idea! I’m so glad you’re able to make it happen.
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..October Goals!!

10 Cait @ Beyond Bananas October 2, 2012 at 5:23 pm

We ended up getting a photo booth.. even though I originally said no way because of the prices. Our DJ brought photobooths into his business and was running a deal – so we opted to just go for it two months before our wedding.

I am SO glad we did. Everyone had so much fun with it! We had a booth that printed the pictures immediately – one copy for those in the picture – and one copy for us. We had a little book with pens – where our guests would attach the picture and then write us a note. We were able to take the book home with us that night – see the HILARIOUS pictures.. and read the messages. I loved it!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Wedding: Reception Formalities

11 Gavi October 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm

We had a photobooth, and the most popular props were a small chalkboard, the mustaches, sunglasses, and funky hats. Our guests LOVED the photobooth!

12 Hillary October 2, 2012 at 6:27 pm

My best friend had a booth at her wedding, and it was awesome! I love how the pics came out, and they kept copies as their guestbook.
Hillary recently posted..Pumpkin Season

13 Nina October 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

You know, I’m actually not a fan of photo booths! I think guests get obsessed with the idea, and they end up forming a huge line, and miss out on all of the dancing! My goal for my wedding is to keep my dance floor as packed as possible, and I think a photo booth would be a major distraction!

14 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 2, 2012 at 7:11 pm

When I got married 5 years ago photobooth’s weren’t really a thing yet! I really wish I would have had one though. I would love to look back and remember everyone who came to my wedding!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..Grateful for My Kids

15 Brittney @ Brittney Breathing October 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I had a photobooth at my wedding (exactly one month ago!) and it was seriously some of the best money we spent on the wedding. I was willing to spend money on that (plus a very good photographer) because photos, and of course memories, are all you have after the day is over. I wanted as many pictures as possible. It really took our guests experience to the next level and is something everyone can enjoy. We also used the photos as the “favors” for our guests too.

16 Debbie B. October 3, 2012 at 6:12 am

I think maddie and ski gear would be awesome. But how about some running medals and shirts. Oh and don’t forget some FSU gear. The props will be so fun.

17 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners October 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm

we had one (got a great deal at a bridal show) and it was so worth it! the pics are seriously some of the most hilarious ever. we even have one of my one uncle who never cracks a smile cracking up with his son. the best!
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..Race Spectating – Ocean City Half Marathon & 5k

18 Yolanda October 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm

At our wedding, we actually did have a photo booth, and the guests had a blast. I just wish my now husband and I had a chance to go in ourselves.

19 Brittany November 14, 2012 at 10:06 am

We had a photo booth at our wedding in October and our guests LOVED it! We had some custom photo booth pic holders (http://www.studiostyle.com/photo-booth-folder-frames.aspx) made up for them to take their pics home in. Purple chevron design? YES!