more ยป" />

It’s Coming

by Meghann on October 1, 2012

You know you’re a Disney nerd when this email pops up in your inbox and you let out a little squeal.

Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 1.08.18 PM.png

More like a big squeal. :)

Not going to lie, the promise of a passholder preview event for the New Fantasyland was a major selling point when I decided to renew my expired annual pass last week. After following the process of the expansion via the Disney Parks Blog for the last two years, I’m so excited to finally see all the completed attractions in person (particularly the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid portions :) ). Since space is limited (you have the option to register for a 3-hr time period on any of the days offered), I’m hoping the crowds will be minimal so we can quietly enjoy the experience before the mad holiday rush takes over, but even with a promise of crazy crowds, I’d still be there (didn’t stop me from being at Wizarding World of Harry Potter on opening day!). I just want to see it!

Is anyone else as excited as I am?!

We had a full of fridge of leftovers from the weekend that were dying to be made into something good for lunch.

I had a serving of the tomato, artichoke, and spinach salad I made for yesterday’s cookout and some of the veggies and hummus from Saturday’s tailgating.

The artichoke, tomato, and spinach salad was part of the Publix Apron meal they were sampling at the store on Sunday. I was told to bring a salad to the cookout, so when I saw all the recipe displayed with all the ingredients lined up in the cooler at the front of the store – I was sold. It was really basic too, just a couple of cans of quartered artichoke hearts, some tomatoes that I quartered, some feta (this was my own addition), and a bag of spinach. I combined the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and feta, coated them with a few spoonfuls of pesto, and placed everything on top of the bed of spinach. The whole process took 5 minutes and the results were very tasty.

If you need to make something quick for a get together, I would highly recommend it. :)

I gave Derek’s brother and his family a ride to the airport after lunch and they were nice enough to leave behind some cubans for us. I had 1/2 of one after I dropped them off.

Considering there’s a Cuban sandwich shop on almost every corner in town, I don’t eat them nearly enough. It was delicious. Thank you, Tyler!

1 Carissa @Fit2Flex October 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m excited about just reading your recap. I tried to get a reservation at the B & B restaurant and I think that will have to wait until 2015 haha! I’m a huge Beauty and the Beast fan so I can’t wait to see the expansion.

2 Stephanie October 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I’ll be there to see it the first week in December. We’re celebrating out daughter’s first birthday at Disney World. Can’t wait!

3 Annette @FitnessPerks October 1, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Oooh fun! I want to go to Disney World & see HP world :)

Lunch looks yumm!

4 natalie @ will jog for food October 1, 2012 at 5:12 pm

That’s so exciting! I haven’t been to WDW since I ran though it at this year’s half, hehe. I bet the new Fantasy Land is gonna be awesome! What a great opportunity you get as a passholder :)

I miss Cuban Sandwiches! They aren’t too common over here in Cali.

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 1, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Disney really and truly is the most magical place in the world. I believe that from the bottom of my heart.
Running the Disney marathon and visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is on my under-30 bucket list. I’m hoping to make it happen for the 2014 marathon — fingers crossed!!!
I know I’ve said this before, but I’m incredibly jealous of your proximity to the parks. To kill a quiet day in my city, I go running along the canal — while it’s beautiful, it absolutely pales in comparison to heading off to Disney for the afternoon NBD. ;) It’s at least good to know you truly appreciate the magic.

6 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm

OH MY GOSH. I would squeal super loud. Seriously, I’m the biggest Beauty and the Beast Fan ever. I’m dyyyying to see the new Fantasyland with Belle’s Castle!

7 Cher @ Weddicted October 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm

That salad sounds great!
I wish I could be as excited as you about Disney World, but, sadly, I haven’t been there since I was about 3 years old!

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 1, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Man, I haven’t been to Disney since I was about 8 years old (probably because Canada is ridiculously far away, haha) but it’s definitely somewhere I want to bring my future kids!

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Ah I am so jealous! Can’t wait to read all about it :)

10 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 1, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I had no idea Disney World was even doing an expansion but now I want to go. We are Disneyland people since its much closer. We have a trip planned in February to see the new Cars Land!

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 1, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Lol I would be excited if I lived anywhere near Disney World! I’m really just jealous, I LOVE Disney!

12 SkinnyRunner October 1, 2012 at 9:11 pm

when you said cubans, i immediately thought of cuban cigars.

13 Natalie October 1, 2012 at 9:34 pm

That sandwich looks delicious! It’s making me hungry and dinner has already happened!

14 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 2, 2012 at 9:53 am

Mmmm I had my first Cuban sandwich a little over a year ago, so good! I haven’t had one in forever, think I need to remedy that soon.