Bama + Ry

by Meghann on October 1, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Jasmine regarding a handstamped jewelry shop she had just opened on etsy called Bama + Ry. I’ve known Jasmine for years through through the world of blogging (she writes from the heart at eatmovewrite.com <- you should check her out) and the story she included with her email really tugged at my heart:

My name is Jasmine, nickname Bama, and I live with my husband Ryan (“ry”) in the Pacific Northwest. I have been making jewelry on and off since 2002. I am drawn to handstamped jewelry because of its highly personal nature. Each letter is done by hand, so it isn’t a perfect art, but when you string the letters together, they form something very meaningful. I believe words are the most powerful things we have. A beautiful or bittersweet phrase is a work of art in and of itself. I try to showcase that with my jewelry.

In many ways, this shop was born the moment I miscarried our twins this past February. I’ve always dreamt of two things: creating for a living and becoming a mother. I’ve learned, though, that there are things you can control and things you cannot. So, with this shop, Bama + Ry, I’m putting my energy into something that I can control. And, for the rest, I will put my wishes out to the universe and just let.it.go.

I owe every ounce of artistic ability I have to my mother. She is a talent I will never rival. Her creativity, sense of humor, and sweetness show up in my work over and over again. If my jewelry makes you think, however, that’s a trait I owe to my father. If, by chance, a bittersweet saying makes you cry, that is my broken mommy heart. I am in repair, and this jewelry is a part of that.

My jewelry combines my love of words with my love of wearable art, and I want you to know that when you buy, you are supporting a real individual chasing very real dreams. Just like you. Thank you so very much. :)

Her passion and drive is unmistakable, not to mention the amount of heart that goes into the gorgeous jewelry she creates.

Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 9.27.48 PM.png

I got lost in Jasmine’s Etsy site for a good 30 minutes. I agree with Jasmine, there’s something about handstamped jewelry that’s so unique and personal. Maybe it’s because no two pieces are ever exactly alike or that the stamps are never perfectly aligned? Personally, I think it’s the imperfection in each piece, mixed with the spot-on personal messages, that make them so beautiful.

Fueled by Caffeine.jpeg

Fueled by Caffeine & Dreams

Mom in training.jpeg

Mom in Training

Jasmine also does custom pieces, which really had me excited. We’ve already been emailing back and forth regarding potential bridesmaid jewelry and I’m really excited with the initial concept we’ve come up with! I’ll have to wait and share more details after the wedding though. ;)

Custom Family.jpeg

Custom Family

I’ll be paying for the bridesmaid pieces out of my own pocket, but Jasmine was kind enough to send a necklace to sample and review. The necklace arrived with a personal note in adorable packaging.

Mixed Metal Running Superpower Pendant in Nickel Silver with two Copper Distance Charms on a Ball Chain Necklace

The necklace was perfect. I’ve worn it everyday since it arrived and have received a dozen compliments on it. I’m not really a jewelry person so the muted tones of the mixed copper and nickel charms coincide perfectly with my personally. They’re just right for my usual casual self. :)

20120930_135857.jpg

The necklace came on an 18in chain, but I noticed she does sell the 30in for an additional fee. I tend to lean more towards longer necklace chains so I’m planning on purchasing the 30in. I was actually excited to read she had the option – makes me love her shop even more!

Falling in love with Bama + Ry as much as I did? Good. I’ve got a present for you.

Head over to Bama + Ry, find a piece you can’t live without, and be sure to use the promo code MEGHANN12 at checkout for 20% off your full order. <– awesome deal!

You can visit Bama + Ry at http://www.bamary.etsy.com or follow then on twitter at @bama_ry and Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bamaryjewelry.

If you do need custom jewelry – Jasmine is a dream to work with. Give her a general idea of what you have in mind and let her run with it. Trust me – she’ll take it somewhere awesome. She’s also as sweet as can be and on top of emails. This business is her baby, and she takes pride in every piece.

I roasted my first acorn squash of the season for dinner tonight.

I forgot how much I love acorn squash, I have big plans for these babies the rest of the season.

I also roasted some chickpeas with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes

And asparagus

Dark chocolate for dessert.

Bed time!

Good night!

1 Chelsea @ahintofhealthy October 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Those necklaces are gorgeous! They will make such a fun bridesmaids gift! Thanks for the promo code, I’m going to go check out the site :)
Chelsea @ahintofhealthy recently posted..It’s another Marvelous Monday!

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Super cute necklaces – right up my casual self alley too! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Rocked!

3 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I love the Fueled by Caffiene and Dreams… Totally me. That may become my new motto. Thanks for sharing!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..5 years. We Eloped and survived!

4 Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 1, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I love these necklaces. Its so cool that no two are alike. I’m going to look into getting one with my kids names on it!
Brittany @Berries and Barbells recently posted..One of Those Days

5 Steph October 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Adorable necklaces! Thanks for sharing the coupon code. I may just have to buy myself an October gift! :)
Steph recently posted..October Beauty

6 Elisabeth October 2, 2012 at 1:27 am

I saw her jewelry on HTP (I think?) recently & fell in love with it! I remember when her story was on HTP a couple of years ago & I’ve enjoyed reading her writing since then :)

7 bama (bama + ry) October 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thank you, Elisabeth! Yes, I was featured recently on HTP and thank you so much for reading my post those years ago. What a journey it’s been! <3
bama (bama + ry) recently posted..Longer Chain – Purchase a 30-Inch Chain by BamaRy

8 Floey October 2, 2012 at 4:56 am

How long is the promo code good for?

9 Meghann October 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

It good until next Monday (10/8) at 11:59 pm PST.

10 Cait @ Beyond Bananas October 2, 2012 at 6:11 am

Aw, these are cute. I have been looking for the perfect piece with a nice saying on it .. maybe I will find it at Bama and Ry!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Wedding: Reception Formalities

11 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 2, 2012 at 6:50 am

Ohmygoodness!! This post could not have come at a more perfect time!! I’ve been wracking my brain thinking of what to get my Mom for Christmas! This will be absolutely perfect!! :)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..October Goals!!

12 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats October 2, 2012 at 6:55 am

Great products and such an inspiring story! I love how unique each piece is. And I looovvvee roasted chick peas.
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..The longest Monday ever

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 2, 2012 at 7:08 am

I love those necklaces, I totally agree that the imperfection is what makes them so unique and special. Those will be great bridesmaid gifts!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..October Goals

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 2, 2012 at 7:23 am

Those necklaces are so cute and unique! I love it :) Roasted squash is so good! I love this time of year.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Trader Joe’s Asian Inspired Night…

15 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

I love those necklaces, I totally agree that the imperfection is what
makes them so unique and special. Those will be great bridesmaid
gifts!

16 Cher @ Weddicted October 2, 2012 at 8:11 am

Very nice! I prefer bracelets myself. I am going to head over there now and see if she does/will do that, instead! Thanks for sharing.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Wedding inspiration: Feathers

17 bama (bama + ry) October 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Hi Cher!!!

Contact me about bracelets – let’s talk! :)

18 Natalie October 2, 2012 at 8:55 am

What beautiful pieces! Thanks for this opportunity!
Natalie recently posted..A World With Octobers

19 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

Thanks for sharing this! Love these!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Happy 30th Birthday, Epcot.

20 Aubrie October 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Sooo, I see you roasted an acorn squash. I recently picked one up at the Farmer’s Market and have NO IDEA what to do with it. Can you share a recipe/best way to cook an acorn squash?
Aubrie recently posted..Customer Service Win: One More Mile

21 Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

I love handstamped jewelry….her’s looks really cute. I made acorn squash on Sunday. It just screams Fall doesn’t it? ;)
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Stuffed Acorn Squash & it’s beginning to look a lot like Fall

22 Deborah October 2, 2012 at 11:31 am

I love Bama+Ry jewelry! I have that exact same necklace (except in all copper) and have worn it many times over ever since I received it back at the beginning of September. Your bridesmaids will love these gifts!

23 bama (bama + ry) October 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Thank you Deborah!!! Thrilled you like yours. <3

24 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut October 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Love your yummy, simple dinner! Any tips on roasting chickpeas? Mine come out dry when I roast them…
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Build a Better Smoothie

25 Debby October 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Ordered myself a little Rim-to-Rim celebration gift, thanks for the recommendation AND coupon code!