Arigato

by Meghann on September 29, 2012

It doesn’t take much to persuade Derek or I to eat XYZ for dinner. Last week we were watching a movie where the main characters had chinese takeout several times through the course of the 2 hour movie. About halfway through the movie (when our stomachs started grumbling) we were asking Siri for Chinese takeout recommendations in the area. We were *this close* to giving in, before we came to our senses and decided to cook something we already had in the kitchen instead.

The same thing happened last night when we were researching potential honeymoon destinations. A couple of the properties had hibachi grills, which had us craving Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. Again, we asked Siri for a recommendation and she pointed us towards Arigato.

P9280001.JPG

Funny story: Derek and I actually ate at Arigato way back in 2006. A few friends and I had traveled from Tallahassee to Tampa to spend the day at Busch Gardens and we stayed at his place and went to Arigato together that night.

100_1423.JPG

(Don’t ask me what I’m wearing – I have no idea!)

And, random, I also found these photos in the same album.

100B1400.JPG

We decided to do the drop-mentos-in-a-bottle-of-diet-coke-and-watch-it-explode trick that was all the rage on YouTube back in the day.

100B1410.JPG

It worked!

Good times. Good times.

Anyway, back to dinner.

P9280003.JPG

We had about a 20 minute wait and by the time we were seated, I was famished. I’m pretty sure I cleared my bowl of soup and salad faster than anyone else.

P9280011.JPGP9280014.JPG

Showtime!

P9280016.JPG

P9280018.JPG P9280019.JPG

P9280021.JPG

I ordered the veggie meal (only because it was $6 cheaper than any of the meat options) and was so happy I did. My portions were HUGE – Derek’s ordered chicken and was probably served about 1/4 of the same veggie and rice portion that I got. I love my veggies, rice and noodles.

P9280032.JPG

I gave it my all and made a significant dent, but it was too much.

P9280033.JPG

Derek enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast this morning.

P9280034.JPG

We both had movies from Netflix waiting at home (we have the two-movies-at-a-time option and generally designate one as “his” and one as “hers). My pick was Mirror, Mirror, his Contraband. We flipped a coin to see who’s we would watch and my “tails” call lost. Boo.

Contraband wasn’t something I would have picked on my own, but it kept me entertained and we both managed to stay awake – that’s always a bonus when you start a movie at 9:00pm on Friday night.

The coffee ice cream my have helped.

P9280036.JPG

I called it a night after the movie and was up at 6:30 this morning for my run.

Pre-run snack = a piece of toast with almond butter and strawberry jam

P9290038.JPG

10 miles. I had 10 miles on the agenda for this morning. I started re-listening to the Hunger Games and I seriously believe that helped the run go by a little faster. I zoned out into the book and before I knew it I had reached mile 2… 4… 6 …. my turn around point…. 8… and then finally home for 10. I refilled my water bottle twice and was thankful the heat and humidity were at least semi-bearable. :)

After my run, I made a big bowl of oats with peanut butter, peach, and walnuts for breakfast.

P9290042.JPG

Breakfast perfection!

We have a big day ahead of us – THE NOLES ARE IN TOWN!!!!! Woo hoo! Let’s go Florida State!

Time to cheer on my team.

Happy Game Day!

1 Hilary September 29, 2012 at 10:28 am

Did u get tickets to the game??

2 Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward September 29, 2012 at 10:47 am

Austin and I just watched the Looper last night… crazy cool movie – but I am into the “guy” type of movie!
Kayla @ Keep Moving Forward recently posted..Happy Trails!

3 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer September 29, 2012 at 10:48 am

That movie would have been a lot better if there were more scenes with Mark Wahlberg shirtless.
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..It’s stuck on my finger!!

4 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 29, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love those Japanese steakhouses! Have a great Saturday!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Pumpkin, Oooohhh Pumpkin!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 29, 2012 at 10:57 am

I LOVE Japanese steakhouses, there is one in Kansas City that we used to go to for birthdays and special events! I miss it!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Race Mantras

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 29, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’ve only done a Hamachi Grill once (in Mexico, interestingly enough) and it was so much fun!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And Then I Went to GNC.

7 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Great, now I want hibachi for dinner lol GO NOLES!!!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..New running territory

8 Yo Momma Runs September 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm

That breakfast is looking fantastic! My kids are amazingly influenced by all advertising. My 7-year-old son is always recommending new cleaning products to me based on commercials he saw.
Yo Momma Runs recently posted..Eating batteries: don’t do it

9 Courtney September 29, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’ve been meaning to try a book on tape when I run, but I’m worried I’ll just get confused with what is going on. My mind wanders to the most random things while I’m out there that I’m afraid I’ll miss what is going on. Guess I better pick a good one that’ll suck me in as well!

10 Cher @ Weddicted September 29, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I’ve always wanted to try a Hibachi grill. Your meal looks yummy! Enjoy your weekend.
Cher @ Weddicted recently posted..Wedding Trend: Mismatched Bridesmaids

11 Billie September 29, 2012 at 4:19 pm

You called it Jam… how delightfully English x
Billie recently posted..Update…

12 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 29, 2012 at 4:36 pm

We went to a Japanese steakhouse with a large group of boisterous (mostly drunk) women for my Mom’s 50th birthday and we had a blast!! Not sure if it was the company, the alcohol, or the amazing food, but it’s one of the funnest dinner’s I’ve ever been to! I’d really love to go back sometime.
As always, your breakfast looks so fresh and delicious!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Banana Dessert + Future Friday

13 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Man oh man, I love Arigato’s! I grew up in Clearwater and that was our go to place for celebrations. Hopefully I’ll be able to visit there when we are in town in November!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Coffee Date: Vlog is back!

14 Megan @ Megan's Munchies September 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Totally craving Hibachi now!!! Yum!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Wine Stain Cupcakes and Cookies

15 Reenie September 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Whaaaat….you gotta use chopsticks when you go to those places :)