more ยป" />

Problem Solved

by Meghann on September 27, 2012

Problem: what do you do with pizza dough when you’re not in the mood for pizza?

You make rolls!

I divided the pre-made dough into quarters, formed four buns, and baked them at 375 for 25 minutes.

Voila!

Excellent for buffalo chicken burgers (ground chicken + buffalo sauce + blue cheese + parsley)

Problem solved. :)

Beer was involved too. And chocolate. Definitely a night for both.

Good night!

1 Caroline September 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Great idea! This sounds delicious!

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 27, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Haha I would never have thought to do that! Granted I need have pizza dough hanging around… But still.

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 27, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Ooh. I’ve been looking into getting some Bob’s Red Mill GF pizza dough mix, but would have to use it all at once because of the yeast. I could make one pizza, refrigerate some dough to use for another pizza later in the week, and make rolls with the rest!! So fab! Yay!! :)
Meghann — you always have such awesome ideas!

4 Jena September 27, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Ohh, good idea… I just got the BOGO deal @ publix tonight. I think i’ll be giving this a try.

5 Steph September 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Yum. Those rolls look yummy!

6 Annette @FitnessPerks September 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Oooh those do look good!!

7 Denise September 27, 2012 at 10:44 pm

This is a great idea! I must buy some this weekend!

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 27, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I never would have thought to do that! That’s pretty smart.

9 Erin September 27, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Awesome idea to make rolls/buns out of them! All I can ever think to do is make breadsticks when I have dough but don’t want pizza.

10 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing September 28, 2012 at 5:33 am

Great idea! I love Publix pizza dough. :)

11 Kati September 28, 2012 at 7:15 am

good idea with the dough! (it seems like you still might have your writer’s block?)

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 28, 2012 at 7:32 am

That is such a good idea to make rolls from the dough! I never thought of that. That sandwich looks yummy :)

13 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 28, 2012 at 8:41 am

yum! I love rolls made with pizza dough. But I am still confused about you not being in the mood for pizza. I think I am always in the mood for pizza!

14 Sara@RunningInPinkProject September 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

Making those burgers this week. Buffalo burgers-YUM!

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

I love how creative you are in the kitchen! I tend to be a recipe follower.

16 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 28, 2012 at 11:07 am

This. Is. Genius.

17 CindyD. September 28, 2012 at 11:36 am

Add some celery salt to your buffalo chicken burgers next time. It adds great dimension of flavor to the burger. One of my faves, yum!

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Great idea!! I convinced my dad that he needs to make pizza on the grill, which I think I talked him into making tonight. Score! ;)

19 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 28, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Not in the mood for pizza? What does THAT feel like?! Actually…I have experienced it once before, recently. Last weekend I went to a restaurant for the sole purpose to get the pizza, but once I got there I wasn’t in the mood and ended up getting salmon instead. And fries on the side. :)