more ยป" />

Once Upon a Time

by Meghann on September 27, 2012

I have a new show everyone needs to add to their Netflix queues ASAP:

OnceUponATime_Season_1.jpeg

Once Upon a Time. It’s fabulous.

You guy have actually been recommending Once Upon a Time for awhile, but I was hesitant about starting a show midseason. When a friend told me the first season was now available on Instant Play via Netflix, I jumped at the chance to start it.

Let’s just say I started watching the show Tuesday and I’m currently 8 episodes in. Yeah, it’s sort of addicting. I even found myself staying on the treadmill a little longer than intended this morning just so I could finish an entire episode (p.s. watching Netflix on my Samsun Galaxy S3 ROCKS!).

once-upon-a-time-abc-tv-show.jpeg

The plot is sort of brilliant and right up my ally. Basically the evil queen (yes, there’s an evil queen) cursed all the characters of the fairy tale realm and brought them to the “real world” where there are no more happy endings. Time stands still as the characters no longer age and have no recollection of their former lives. They’re all just sort of stuck and miserable living lives that weren’t meant for them.

Snow White and Prince Charming’s newborn daughter (yes, you read that right – Snow White and Prince Charming’s baby girl) was the only one saved from the curse when it was predicted she would return on the eve of her 28th birthday to save their world and break the curse. The show starts with the daughter’s (Emma’s) return and follows her as she shakes up the town and begins to set back right what was wronged (i.e. returning happy endings to everyone).

I love it. Each show runs parallel story lines of what happened in the fairy tale realm versus what’s happening in modern day. Each episode also fills in a little more of the puzzle as to why the curse came to be and the keys to breaking it.

If you’re a fan of fairy tale classics, I would highly recommend this series. Once Upon a Time offers an interesting twist on the stories we all grew up on.

Once-Upon-a-Time-Poster.jpeg

Have you watched Once Upon a Time? What did you think?

I love a good show, I was actually excited to hop on the treadmill this morning, knowing I could finish the episode of Once Upon a Time that I started (and fell asleep to) last night. I had 30 minutes left, so I jogged for 30 minutes at a steep incline (4.0). Then I moved on to Wedding Workout B and felt good about the strength I’m gaining. I was able to increase my weights some, which is always a good sign I’m heading in the right direction. :)

Breakfast was simple: eggs, toast with jam, and cantaloupe.

The cantaloupe was a little bland, but the eggs and toast were good. :)

I can not tell you how happy I am that I was finally able to upgrade the RAM on my computer yesterday. It’s CRAZY how much faster it’s loading. I forgot that not all computers take 5 minutes to open new browsers or switch from one program to another – some computers do it instantly, imagine that. ;)

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 Dione September 27, 2012 at 10:25 am

Love love love. I think I said that in your post on Revolution. Catch Grimm if you can…much darker than Once Upon A Time but I think you would love it too.

2 Dione September 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Oh and I have to add I am jealous of the fact American Netflix is so much better than the Canadian one…you have way more to choose from as far as I can tell from hearing what you guys watch on it. No “Once” for us! But the second season starts Sunday so I am so excited about that.

3 Colleen September 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

I started watching Once Upon a Time three weeks ago and now want to watch the beginning. It is a very interesting storyline.

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 27, 2012 at 10:33 am

I’ve never watched it, but I’ve heard of it – sounds like an interesting show!

5 Jennifer Alderfer September 27, 2012 at 10:39 am

I absolutely LOVE Once Upon A Time, I can’t wait for Sundays new episode!

Also, I’m super jealous of the computer upgrade, if I could make that happen to my work computer I’d be new levels of happy :D

6 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

So glad to hear it is on netflix – I keep meaning to watch it but haven’t yet. Thanks for sharing!!

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 27, 2012 at 10:50 am

Someone actually recommended this to me but I also didn’t want to start mid season, I’ll have to check it out!

8 McKenzie September 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

How do you have so much time to watch all these shows?? I’m impressed! :)

9 Meghann September 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

I stayed up too late watching them Tuesday night and Wednesday night. :)

10 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife September 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

We ended up watching the entire first season in about a week or two. So good! I think that new episodes start this Sunday!!

11 Amanda September 27, 2012 at 11:12 am

I love Once Upon a Time! Isn’t it a great show? I can’t wait for the next season to start! :)

12 Lauren September 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

I watched 1 episode because my friend works on it but perhaps I need to give it another chance. I do need something to make my super early elliptical sessions a little more enticing.

13 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 27, 2012 at 11:47 am

Gah! Meghann!! I need to stop reading your posts when I’m RIGHT between meals!
Now I’m totally craving cantaloupe and stuck at work without any. Bummer!

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

Once Upon A Time is an awesome show! My husband and I are obsessed! I cannot wait for the premiere on Sunday! :)

15 Annette @FitnessPerks September 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Ooooh this DOES sound good! Thank YOU!

My husband updated my RAM for my b-day last year, it’s a beauty :)

16 Katy Widrick September 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I can’t do it. Hated that actress on House and really hated her on How I Met Your Mother.

17 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Once Upon A Time is excellent! I’ve been watching it since the beginning, and I can’t wait for Season 2 to start.

18 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Ah I have been wanting to watch this show for so long! I don’t have Netflix though so I will need to search around a little more. Also, I finally watched Revolution and I agree with you, very entertaining and interesting concept.

19 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners September 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm

a sprinkle of salt on that cantaloupe will brighten it right up!

20 Courtney September 27, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I LOVE Once Upon A Time. I actually just started watching it on Monday on Netflix and am now 11 episodes in. I can definitely tell the makers of Lost made this one too. :)

21 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 27, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Yay for simple egg breakfasts + RAM upgrade!

22 Claire September 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

This is actually one of the things that got me and my boyfriend to start spending time together (before we were boyfriend/girlfriend!). He mentioned that he thought it looked good and I said I wanted to watch it…so I went to his house to watch it and the rest is history.

23 Meghann September 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I love this :)

24 Juani September 28, 2012 at 2:07 am

My fiance and I finished Once Upon A Time last month – we were also majorly addicted to it,and can’t wait to watch the new season.

25 Sarah September 28, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I love Once Upon a Time! Very interested to see where this season goes… you’ll know when you get to the end what I mean… or if you have seen enough of the previews for this season.

26 Holly from 300 Pounds Down October 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I just found this show on netflix and I’m on episode 10. Fully addicted! I totally agree that this gives me the motivation to keep working out so I can watch more of it. I’m going to be spoiled getting to watch the episodes one after the other when I catch up to the regular season and have to wait a week!