Simple = Quick

by Meghann on September 25, 2012

When in doubt, post puppy photos.

“Mom, no photos please. I’m sleeping here.”

I love her.

Thank you for the support on my afternoon’s post. I guess when you don’t know what to write, sometimes the answer is writing just that. :)

I do have a story to tell from this evening.

Derek and I were watching a cheesy Lifetime movie on the couch when dinner time started creeping up on us. We were both getting hungry, but neither of us wanted to get up and cook (Derek even took it as far as asking Siri where to find good Chines takeout nearby). I decided to make a deal with him – we pause the cheesy movie and work as a team in the kitchen, and I could guarantee dinner in 30 minutes or less. Deal.

Simple dinner = quick dinner

Derek sliced the potatoes before they went in the oven for roasting.

I cut the chicken breasts into strips and dunked them in an egg bath before rolling the strips in a cornmeal/whole wheat flour coating. Those baked for 20 minutes at 375.

The microwave took care of the steam-in-a-bag cauliflower.

Thanks to the team effort, dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes. I should pull him off the couch more often. ;)

I had the last chocolate chips cookies from Saturday night for dessert.

My afternoon snack makes me giggle.

20120925_161020.jpg

I worked from Starbucks this afternoon and was looking for a quick snack to throw in my bag on the way out the door. I grabbed the almost empty hummus container and a bag of carrot sticks from the fridge. I was going to put them in tupperware, but when I realized the carrot sticks fit in the hummus container, I thought – why not? Perfect transportable snack that I could toss out when I was done. Easy Peasy.

Is your peanut butter safe? Check out the latest peanut butter (and almond butter! :( ) recalls.

Recognize this face? Check out which blogger joined the latest season of The Bachelor!

Guess what’s on Netflix?! Season 7 of Weeds!

Now if they’d just release season 7 of How I Met Your Mother of Instant Play we’d be all good. ;)

Good Night!

1 Ellen September 25, 2012 at 11:36 pm

KATIE IS ON THE BACHELOR?! What? OMG I might have to actually watch this show for once. I’ve been reading her blog since the beginning.

2 Ellen September 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm

And we have to wait until JANUARY? Well, hell.

3 Iris Lee September 26, 2012 at 12:21 am

Hi Meghann!! I’ve been a reader for a while now but somehow never commented. Thank you for blogging – your healthy living is really an inspiration for me! And thanks for posting about the peanut butter recalls… I almost bought a jar of Sprouts almond butter yesterday! :/

I don’t mind gratuitous puppy photos at all, so no worries! I actually posted a random picture of my dog yesterday – just for fun and because I think she’s the bee’s knees. :) If you have a moment to check it out, feel free to stop by my (brand new) blog and say hello. I’d be so thrilled!

4 Priscilla P September 26, 2012 at 6:58 am

Haha I hope netflix gets more how I met your mother also!!! love that show.
Priscilla P recently posted..wantin’ wishin’

5 Christine, Random Hangers blog September 26, 2012 at 7:32 am

Me three on How I Met Your Mother. I started watching them this summer and was SO UPSET to find out that season 8 started this week, and that I have no way of watching season 7 in the meantime. D’oh!
Christine, Random Hangers blog recently posted..Love M&Ms? Love Hangers? It’s a win/win!

6 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 26, 2012 at 7:25 am

I am ALL about the simple and quick dinners!! I used to prep everything on my day off and eat it cold through the week. However, this week I’ve been trying something new (to me! haha) — choppping my sweet potato/beets and veggies and popping them into the oven to roast right when I get home. I spend the time that they’re baking to shower and get the dog walked and just as they finish, start cooking whatever “sides” I want with them. Especially with the cooler weather, having a nice, fresh, warm dinner is AMAZING and I simply can’t believe how little effort it takes!! :)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Would You Rather…?

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 26, 2012 at 8:07 am

Awww..Maddie is too cute :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Progresso Recipe Starters: Turkey Bacon Mac n Cheese!…

8 Heather September 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love the use of the hummus container for the carrots – I’ve been trying to double pack my own bring-to-work containers the last few weeks, too. Peanut butter and celery and raisins all in the same to-go box – why not!?
Heather recently posted..Twosday XI

9 Hope September 26, 2012 at 9:05 am

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Season 7 of Weeds is on Netflix?! So much for me accomplishing anything productive this weekend….

10 Marisa E September 26, 2012 at 9:17 am

I still have yet to pick my jaw up off the floor with that latest news(!!!!!)….and now I actually have to watch The Bachelor (even more jaw dropping). She’s my fav yogi blogger!!

11 Emily N September 26, 2012 at 9:38 am

The hubs and I LOVE HIMYM, but we have just been watching the reruns on TBS. So I have no idea what is actually going on currently.

Nice job with the tag team dinner!
Emily N recently posted..7 Miles x 2

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

Those chicken tenders look great! Very interested to see that Sean was chosen at the new Bachelor :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Ramblings on a Random Tuesday

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 26, 2012 at 10:29 am

Katie’s on!?!? Now I may actually watch that show for once.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW #3–Relearning My Tastebuds.

14 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

You did the potatoes in 30 minutes? Impressive! And don’t judge, but I’ve never seen Weeds. I’m a HUGE Breaking Bad fan…would I like it?!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..How to Make Time for Exercise + Meal Planning

15 Meghann September 27, 2012 at 11:45 am

I’m not a fan of Breaking Bad, but I enjoy Weeds. My fiance however loves both. I think they’re two very different shows. Weeds is more of a comedy with great dry humor – you should just watch an episode and see what you think.

16 Sarah September 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Where are the chips in your cookie?!?!
Sarah recently posted..One of Those Days