Lazy

by Meghann on September 23, 2012

Check this out. I have a new sandwich combo for you.

It involves…

• roasted eggplant
  • tempeh bacon
  • provolone cheese
  • sauteed kale
  • tomato slices
  • All toasted and served hot in a jalapeno cheese bun.

Oh, man. This was good. I’m pretty sure adding sauteed kale to a toasted sandwich may be my new favorite sandwich addition ever. It’s definitely a must try – I 100% recommend. Also, melted cheese with tempeh bacon and roasted eggplant? That’s a winning combo too. I’m still licking my lips over it.

I may have taken advantage of my lazy Sunday by accomplishing absolutely nothing (besides watching Derek go through the emotions of fantasy football and playing Snood on the iPad), but I did manage to make a pretty good sandwich.

Proof of Sunday laziness? I didn’t want to dirty another plate, so I just pushed over the leftover veggies from last night’s football gathering and turned the dish into a dinner plate.

What-ever works, right? ;)

My lunch was a delicious serving of leftover nachos.

(it tasted better than it photographed)

And I had two chocolate chip cookies through the day.

IMG_1456.JPG  IMG_1478.JPG

After that I’ve got nada. I think 8 hours of football may have fried my brain.

How was your weekend? Do anything exciting?

I’m call it an early night.

Good Night!

1 Laura September 23, 2012 at 9:50 pm

MMM.. jalapeño cheese bread is wonderful. Not sure how I feel about Kale though.

2 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 23, 2012 at 9:57 pm

That sandwich looks delicious!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Coffee Date: All Dressed Up

3 emily September 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm

That sandwich sounds ah-mazing! Every single component is tasty.
emily recently posted..Appletastic

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Take out the eggplant and you’ve got my dream sandwich. (Is it weird that I hate eggplant? Any other veggie I love)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And Then I Ate More Sushi.

5 Annette @FitnessPerks September 24, 2012 at 12:31 am

I LOVE lazy days!! That does sound like a killer sandwich. Mmmm!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Fall Into Recommitting

6 Kristen September 24, 2012 at 3:19 am

Sounds yummy! I ended up having a lazy day yesterday but spent today exploring a new (to me) area of SF. I always find myself going to the same places in the city or staying in my neighborhood so it was really fun to check out Hayes Valley. Took a TON of pics (need to find time to post) but a highlight was Smitten Ice Cream. They’re run out of a shipping container (supper cool looking) and all the ice cream is made to order using liquid nitrogen…making it super cold, super fast and suuuuper creamy. Its possibly the best ice cream I’ve ever had. That little ‘stay-cation’ has prompted me to do more exploring around my city…fun way to spend the weekend!
Kristen recently posted..#18 Go to Disneyland

7 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 24, 2012 at 5:41 am

I ran my first half-marathon and managed a 1:28. :) I was shocked in the most excellent way possible. Spent all the time around it resting, whether in preparation before or fatigue after, so I’m definitely with you about feeling the laziness!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..“I Don’t Chase Boys, I Pass Them”

8 Cait @ Beyond Bananas September 24, 2012 at 6:25 am

Our weekend wasn’t too eventful. We did do a lot of things around the house.. including cleaning and making some returns, but it was a welcome low key weekend for sure!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..All Things Fall (Survey)

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 24, 2012 at 7:20 am

That sandwich looks yummy! :) I had a fun weekend. I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding and then my husband and I saw Robert Irvine Live and actually got to meet him!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Wedding & Robert Irvine Filled Weekend!…

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 24, 2012 at 8:49 am

Haha I was curious why you were eating out of that dish! I am so good at using as few dishes as possible! That’s what happens when you don’t have a dishwasher…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Fall Bucket List

11 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 8:52 am

Ah, that is a naughty looking sandwich! YUM!
Courtney recently posted..Practice Mindfulness

12 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 24, 2012 at 9:11 am

Lazy days are the best! On Saturday, I did my last triathlon of the season (so sad!), and on Sunday, I went apple picking with the fam. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Write It Down, Do It Up – Week of Sept. 23

13 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

My football filled weekend definitely fried my brain as well. Yesterday involved way more couch and pizza than I prefer my Sundays to have but sometimes you just have to go with it. Also, how bout them Noles?!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Mini Goal Monday

14 Meghann September 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

‘Dem Noles are holding strong at #4!!! They did us proud on Saturday! :)

15 Melissa September 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I went to a bachelorette party this weekend in San Diego. We’re definitely a mellow bunch – we went to the zoo!

16 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm

That sandwich combo sounds amazing! I just documented my weekend’s worth of eats, too. French toast, kale salad, breakfast burritos, avocado+egg pizzas were the highlights. Oh, and froyo. :)
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Weekend Eats & Treats