more ยป" />

Eat, Bike, Eat

by Meghann on September 23, 2012

Good Morning! (Afternoon?)

I just got off of Facetime with my parents, where they proceeded to make fun of me for still being in my robe with wet hair at noon on a Sunday. Hey! Don’t let the robe fool ya – it doesn’t mean I haven’t been up since 6:30am doing that whole cycling thing. ;)

Yep, my morning started with a 6:30am alarm, followed by a quick pre-workout snack of a toasted leftover waffle with almond butter.

20120923_070410.jpg

Then I hit the road and headed to my favorite trail for my planned brick workout.

20120923_093210.jpg

The ride felt slow, painfully slow. Sometimes riding a bike is just plain boring, especially two hours of it. Yawn.

20120923_093217.jpg

I went out 15, turned around, and came right back. 30 miles total. I’m happy with that.

20120923_093134.jpg

When I got back to the car I called Derek to see what our plans were for breakfast. Originally we were planning on meeting his parents for breakfast, so I wanted to make sure I was good on time. I was hoping to squeeze a quick run in on the trail, but when he still hadn’t heard from his parents, I decided to just go ahead and drive home. Depending on time, I’d just run at home.

20120923_100945.jpg

It was a great plan in theory, but what I didn’t take into consideration was how hungry I would become on the 20 minute drive home. All I could think about was all the delicious food waiting in the fridge and how my growling belly wanted to eat, not run. Must. Eat. Food.

When I walked in the door, Derek was cooking eggs in the kitchen. Hmm.. I guess our plans with his parents went out the window. Oh, well. I was ready to eat anyways. Sorry, run, I’ll get to you later.

20120923_104639.jpg

I made a two egg omelet with leftover chicken salsa dip. Probably the best breakfast idea I’ve had in a while. A-MA-ZING.

20120923_104641.jpg

With pear slices on the side.

20120923_104642.jpg

Totally worth missing that run for this meal. Happy belly, happy mind. :)

It’s probably time now that I get dressed and do something about this wet hair.

Have a great Sunday!

1 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 23, 2012 at 1:02 pm

That looks so yummy! Enjoy your sunday!

2 Laura September 23, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Haha! I see you tried my egg and salsa idea! So good! :)

3 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm

There are certain sacrifices that need to be made in life — this one looks like a no-brainer to me!!
Just had my first waffle in … possibly years for lunch after my race today and ohmygoodness am I ever in love!! So definite thumbs up to your breakfast selection!!

4 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm

What brand of jersey is that and do you like it? I’ve been looking for a good sleeveless bike jersey.

5 Meghann September 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I think it’s Pearl Izumi? I ordered if off of Amazon a year ago. I love it. It’s actually flattering, which is hard to find in a cycling jersey. :)

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 3:23 pm

That omelet would tempt me over a run any day!

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I skipped my run too…though I didn’t get a bike ride in. :-/ I’m hoping to do some yoga and maybe a long walk too once I get through a bit of studying (which will never happen if I don’t log off the computer…. ;)

8 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm

DUDE, your shoes are awesome! And love that omelet idea! I will steal if for breakfast tomorrow.

9 Meghann September 23, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Brooks PureConnects! Love them!

10 Kathy September 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I have been loving salsa, baked kale, eggs and some other veggies cut up, thrown together into a salad or sorts…yum! (and a splash of sour cream…sprinkled with crushed red peppers of course!) ;-)

11 Emily N September 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

That happens sometimes (skipping a run in favor of a meal, I mean). I am sure that it will be fine!