Saturday Rundown

by Meghann on September 22, 2012

7:30am: Maddie starts moving around the bed and licking faces

7:45am: Give into Maddie and take her outside

8:00am: Start uploading photos from last night’s adventures.

8:30am: Derek wakes up and gets dressed

8:45am: Derek asks if I’m ready to go.

8:50am: Quickly throw together pumpkin smoothie.

9:00am: Get dressed.

9:15am: Leave house, take computer and enjoy smoothie on the road.

P9220002.JPG

9:30am: Arrive at Apple Store.

10:15am: Leave Apple store with Derek’s new Iphone 5. Happy Derek.

10:30am: Head to Old Navy and realize their “Rockstar jeans” are NOT meant for girls with muscular legs.

PicsArt_1348362341728.jpg

(I went up two sizes and they still showed off every bit of cellulite I have)

11:30am: Arrive at Ikea

11:40am: Shop for new bedroom furniture (SOOOOO excited about this!!)

PicsArt_1348362273194.jpg

12:15pm: Head to The Bricks for lunch.

P9220009.JPG

12:20pm: Devour black bean burger

P9220006.JPG

1:30pm: Finish Howl-o-Scream post.

3:00pm: Pass the heck out on the couch

4:00pm: Wake up in a daze

4:30pm: Fill hungry belly with peach crisp

P9220014.JPG

5:00pm: Realize I have no food and head to the grocery store.

6:00pm: Start making buffalo chicken meatballs and southwest dip for mini-football party

7:30pm: Open Cigar CIty Good Gourd Beer. (BEST pumpkin beer around)

P9220016.JPG

8:00pm: Seminole game starts – GO NOLES!!!

P9220032.JPG

8:10pm: Serve football snacks

P9220029.JPG

8:15pm: Load up my plate (x3)

P9220030.JPG

9:00pm: Make cookies

P9220035.JPG

9:40pm: Eat cookie.

P9220037.JPG

10:00pm: Come on, Noles! You can do this!

P9220039.JPG

10:05pm: Hold breath and hope for a football miracle. Ekkk

12:00am: NOLES WIN!!!! (a girl can dream, right? ;) )

12:01am: Pass the heck out.

Gulp. We’ll see.

Good Night!

1 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 22, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Are you sure the dressing room mirrors didn’t have bad lighting because I think the pants look really cute on you!!! I had to go up two sizes as well but I ended up loving the way they fit.

Girl, you had one busy day!! Hopefully tomorrow will be one where you can sit back and relax.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..She is NOT Plus-Sized

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 22, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Cookies – YUM! And from the photos I think the Old Navy pants look good on you, but I’ll take your word for it. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fall 2012 Bucket List

3 Meghann September 23, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Trust me, they weren’t great in person. They showed off every “muscle” and piece of cellulite I have. That just wasn’t workin’.

4 Dawn September 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm

It’s not a dream! HOW ‘BOUT THEM NOLES!!!!!!

5 amyt September 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm

NO Doubt…that was a great game!!!!!

6 Annette @FitnessPerks September 22, 2012 at 11:52 pm

YAY for a fun day! We went to Ikea today too-crazy random!

I love the idea of a fresh baked cookie. Mmmm!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Fall Into Recommitting

7 Kathy September 23, 2012 at 7:04 am

Buying jeans are worse for me than trying on a swimsuit….not that I have muscular thighs…ha! I wish…just big ones. ;-)

8 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 23, 2012 at 7:08 am

That cookie looks like it was melts-in-your-mouth-savour-every-crumb-taste-buds-doing-a-victory-dance amazing!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..13.1 Hours to 13.1 Miles

9 Sara @my less serious life September 23, 2012 at 7:30 am

peach crisp recipe? please. :)

10 Meghann September 23, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I just microwaved a peach with cinnamon and peanut butter, then topped it with some granola. It’s my quick and easy preach crisp. ;)

11 Megan @ Bump on a log learns to jog September 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

I was just laughing out loud reading this because I also went to old navy yesterday and those pants looked like they were painted on. I went up a size and they still did this weird thing to my crotch area so I decided not to get them. I have been searching high and low for some red pants and so far have come up empty handed!
Megan @ Bump on a log learns to jog recently posted..Philadelphia Rock N’ Roll Half Marathon!

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 23, 2012 at 8:46 am

Wow, what a day! I think my favorite part was the cookies :) They looked good!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Self-Esteem Saturday

13 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

I laugh at the ads that say those jeans fit everyone! There is no such thing! Unless it’s the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants…
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Oh, Molly…

14 Amy September 23, 2012 at 11:27 am

Thank you for posting those pictures! I’m glad I’m not the only one who has that problem with the pants out there now. My larger area are my hips/thighs/butt and those skinny pants they make now just do not do me any favors! Bring back the flares!

15 Brit September 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Ugh, Old Navy jeans do NOTHING for me! I know they look awesome on some girls, but not this one. I just save my pennies and go for Citizens of Humanity or Paige. Pricey, but one good pair is better than three cruddy ones :)
Brit recently posted..Making Peace

16 Emily N September 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Thank you for the review of those pants. As a girl who struggles to find shorts to run in that don’t ride up (due to musclar/LARGE thighs) it is good to know that they are not for me!
Emily N recently posted..Columbus Marathon: Week in Review

17 Leigh September 23, 2012 at 2:31 pm

So glad to hear I am not the only one who had trouble with those jeans! I went up 2 sizes as well…my boyfriend didn’t even think they looked appropriate, which probably says something!

I do, however, LOVE my colored jeans from Ann Taylor Loft!

18 Anne Weber-Falk September 23, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Whoa, busy, busy day! I think skinny jeans are evil. They are the enemy I say! They really only look good on stick legs. Any woman with curves should stay away from them.

19 Steph September 23, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Ok buffalo chicken meatballs sound amazing!!!! A must share, lady! (or have you already and I totally missed it?)
Steph recently posted..Go outside and play! (and a giveaway)

20 Meghann September 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm
21 Becky September 23, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Omg, those d#%^ rock star jeans. I have been obsessed with getting a pair of pink ones but after trying them on THREE different times, I have to admit defeat. I keep falling for the tag line “looks great on all body types!” Um, no.

22 Sloane @ Life Food and Beer September 23, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I’m not a FSU fan (GO DAWGS!!) but my friend is hard core and she dragged me out to a FSU bar in West Palm last night. This bar was standing room only with 98% of the people dressed in “Garnet and Gold”, but I found myself cheers just as much as everyone else at the end! That was a good game!!
Sloane @ Life Food and Beer recently posted..I’m changing the name of my blog…

23 Melissa @ A Girl Called Cake September 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm

OMG I just tried those jeans on today and thought they were awful too! I really really really wanted to like them but it just was not happening.

24 Katie September 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Don’t give up the hope of rockstar jeans….I hear Old Navy’s are horrible fits (for even the non-muscular runner chicks). So keep looking around though I agree I don’t think they looked bad at all. I hear Gap’s colored jeans are great.

25 Tara September 23, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I tried on a few pairs of those this weekend too. The colored ones were terrible. I ended up with a dark denim pair that was a little more forgiving (softer, darker and stretchier= less cellulite show through) but I had to go up 2 sizes too. Yuck.
Tara recently posted..a date with mommy

26 Lisa in IL September 24, 2012 at 11:21 am

Old Navy Jeans aka Old Lady Jeans – seriously, they look good on no one. Head to Marshall’s or TJ’s – try a higher end brand on and you will be stunned at the difference in fit, feel & the way your backside looks. Although I tried on a pair of “skinny” jeans (also red) this weekend and yeah ummm no way in this lifetime unless my legs suddenly turn into twigs would I be wearing those!

27 jane September 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm

i have tried those damn pants on so many times and surprisingly (lol) they still just do not work on these muscular thighs! so upsetting because they are adorable!! i actually think they looked cute on you-i think it was just the way you are standing with your feet really wide apart. but i’ll take your word on it. my mom tried to tell me they looked good on me, but i assure you they didnt!

28 Katie @ A Full Plate September 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Aww the jeans look good in the pics!