Dogs will be dogs

by Meghann on September 19, 2012

Run puppies, run!

We introduced Maddie to Fido for the first time last night (I’m currently at my parents’ house). She’s AWESOME with other dogs (big or small – they’re usually her instant BFF), but I’m not sure we’ve ever introduced Maddie to a true puppy before; especially one that’s slightly bigger than her, wobbly on his own legs, and still discovering this new world around him.

Fido was instantly fascinated with Maddie. He kept pawing at her, trying to get her to play, while Maddie was more interested in belly rubs and kisses from grandma and grandpa (g-ma and g-pa love first, figuring out who this strange new dog is second). It took Maddie a while to warm-up to Fido (I think she had to show him that she’s boss first), but once she did, it was hard to get the two of them to stop playing. They were still going when I got up this morning (pretty sure they played all night long).

Of course, when Maddie was ready to settle down, Fido would have none of that. He just wants to be everywhere she is. If Maddie moves couches, Fido follows. If Maddie walks in the kitchen, Fido follows. If Maddie drinks water, Fido follows. How cute is that? He loves her. :)

Oh, and if you haven’t noticed, it was impossible to get a photo of the two of them sitting still. This is about as close as I could get.

Dogs will be dogs. :)

While the dogs played, I hit the gym this morning. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill (while watching the coverage of Endeavor’s flight to California – did that coverage take over the news all over the country or was it just on every channel here? kind of bittersweet to watch knowing Endeavor won’t be returning to the Space Coast), then completed Wedding Workout B.

I raided my parents’ fridge for breakfast.

Two scrambled eggs with fresh thyme and leftover parmesan.

An apple my parents had picked while vacationing in Georgia the other week.

And one of my dad’s mini onion bagels (he has one every morning before work)

I have a few wedding errands to run this afternoon (hence why I’m in town), but I’m tied to my computer until then.

Have a great hump day, everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 19, 2012 at 10:43 am

They are so cute!! I’ve been watching my brother’s dog all week and she’s still very puppy like at 1 year, so she tends to scare any smaller dogs we come across because she’s a bit over enthusiastic!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW-Wiped Out!

2 Julie @ There and Back Again September 19, 2012 at 10:49 am

Such sweet puppy pictures :)
I’ve been following the NASA coverage this morning, too… my uncle flew on Endeavor back in 2001 so it’s kind of sad for my family to watch it being retired. Bittersweet is a good word – I know it had an exciting life!
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Guess Who’s Back…

3 Jamie @ StudioEats September 19, 2012 at 10:52 am

Love eggs with herbs in them. I originally got that idea from you a couple of months ago and now do it all the time :)

4 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 19, 2012 at 10:54 am

I love it when dogs get along and make new friends!! (Something I miss a bit with my dog, she’s kind of a lone wolf …) They are just TOO adorable!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..WIAW — It’s Not About the Food

5 Reenie September 19, 2012 at 11:02 am

Cute cute photos of the pups.

6 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 19, 2012 at 11:03 am

Fido is SO CUTE! put maddie and fido together and my heart just explodes.
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..WIAW: Last One At Home!

7 Maureen @ Organically Mo September 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I can never get enough of seeing dogs play together!
Maureen @ Organically Mo recently posted..Timing Is Everything

8 Laura September 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm

So glad that Maddie and Fido get along! Yay for playing puppies and wagging tails!
Laura recently posted..Blogging is a tricky business

9 Christina September 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Nice. I wish I could do nothing but work out, blog and run wedding errands.

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I love him! Did you say what breed he is?
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Mountains Are Calling….

11 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed September 19, 2012 at 12:33 pm

my dog mostly sleeps now. i haz a sad.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Don’t Screw With Me, Leprechaun

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm

They are so cute together! Instant cousins! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

13 Annette @FitnessPerks September 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Yay for wedding related errands!! Good luck :)
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Getaway Amidst a Move

14 Jessica @jessicafarrulla.com September 19, 2012 at 12:47 pm

LOVE the puppy pictures!!

15 Elisabeth September 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm

That is so adorable! Love the last pic of them :)

16 Sonia the Mexigarian September 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm

awwww. i love watching pups play! When we take Lando to my MILs house, he plays non stop with his sister (littermate) Lilu and the elder bassett Addie. Free fun exercise for them! And now I want to paint more animal portraits. lol
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..The Sound of Silence

17 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

That’s cute that your dad eats those mini onion bagels every day before work. My mom has a bag of mini cinnamon bagels every time I come home. It’s her little morning treat + banana almost every day. I’m a “routine eater” so I totally get it!
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Farmer’s Market Finds + Spaghetti Squash Recipe

18 Christine (The Raw Project) September 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Adorable pup pictures!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Missing the Weekend

19 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife September 19, 2012 at 5:49 pm

awwww! I’m glad that they are getting along great! That is how Harleyyy and Hunter were when I brought Hunter home. He would follow harleyyy everywhere and at some points harleyyy would be like “stop” but not in a mean way haha that is when Eric and I would pick Hunter up and play with him!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

20 Sara@RunningInPinkProject September 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Mini bagels are my new obsession. I like them WAY more than bagel thins but they are still more calorie friendly than “the real deal”. Cute photos of the puppies! LOVE those!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Alexia Foods Giveaway and Review

21 Emily N September 20, 2012 at 10:34 am

Awe, that is so sweet. My dogs (who are together all the time) definitely do not get along that well.
Emily N recently posted..It Feels like FALL