more ยป" />

Pool Zombies

by Meghann on September 18, 2012

It was zombie fest at the pool this morning. There were only four of us and we all pretty much looked like we were still asleep as we begrudgingly put our swim caps on and made our way to the water. We were also all openly voicing our jealously of team members who opted to sleep in instead of swimming (I’m talking to you Marcus!). I think I may need to start drinking a cup of coffee on my way to the pool on these early mornings. I was struggling to keep my eyes open on the 20 minute drive over – not cool.

Once in the water, it wasn’t much better. Luckily our coach was dragging too, so practice wasn’t terrible. Lots of 100s with the full pull kit (which I was so not feeling this morning) then a few more 100s with the bolster paddles (which I actually didn’t mind). I was moving so slow that I only managed 1500 meters in the hour-long practice. Not my best practice ever, but I’ll take it.

After a hot shower and big mug of coffee I was feeling much better. Still too lazy to make anything but cereal for breakfast though.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Blueberry Clusters
  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • Mango Chobani
  • Walnuts
  • Raspberries

It worked.

I wasn’t the only zombie in the house this morning.

Maddie is such a cuddle bug… when she wants to be.

Any other zombies out there this morning?

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run September 18, 2012 at 10:01 am

Yep, totally punked out this morning and opted for the extra sleep. I must say, I can’t say that I regret it!

2 Allison September 18, 2012 at 10:05 am

Me too. I was dragging on my run today.
After I ran, I showered and got ready for work. I saw that I still had ten minutes so I laid back down. What’s the deal today?

3 Meghann September 18, 2012 at 11:15 am

I did the same thing before my swim. I saw I still had 5 minutes and laid back down.

4 Candice September 18, 2012 at 10:23 am

I don’t even remember 90% of my 5 miler this morning. I think its worldwide Zombie day today.

5 Yellow Haired Girl September 18, 2012 at 10:25 am

I stayed in bed this morning instead of heading to the gym. Zombie status! Hopefully I’ll get there tonight :)

6 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 18, 2012 at 10:29 am

Maybe not your best practice ever, but a better practice than those who did sleep (however, sometimes sleep is necessary, and I’m definitely a huge fan of that too!) — loving the look of breakfast! :)

7 Candice September 18, 2012 at 10:36 am

I totally was the one who slept in this morning… I’m still gearing up to get my butt out the door.. but I made a daycare appt for the kids @9:30 so that will help me to go!
It takes me a few days post vacation to fall back into the groove of things… known as structure…

8 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 18, 2012 at 10:43 am

I was feeling the same way at CrossFit this morning (granted its hard to get excited about a workout called “Death by Burpees”…) but I have been contemplating coffee on my way in too!

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 18, 2012 at 11:00 am

Ahh I hate that feeling when my eyes are drooping when I’m driving! I thin the lull of the car makes it worse, coffee definitely helps!

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Tuesdays are my late days at school, so I got to sleep in a little bit. No zombify-ing for me this morning!

11 Maria September 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I think it’s something in the air. I was halfway through my 15 min drive to the pool and realized I didn’t bring any of my swim gear, except my bathing suit which I was wearing.

12 Army Amy* September 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I know some people say that working out in the morning gives them more energy all day long. I’ve yet to experience that.*

13 Michelle September 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I had to pry myself out of bed this morning…The coffee couldn’t brew fast enough.

14 Sana September 18, 2012 at 1:36 pm

anddd this is why I sleep in everyday and workout later :)

15 Lindsay Margaret September 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to spinning and was still yawning halfway through. Had extra coffee when I got to work.

16 Annette @FitnessPerks September 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm

At least you went out & got there!!!

17 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 18, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I managed to get a decent workout in this morning…but zombie status is setting in at the office now. Looks like I need a pick-me-up coffee or something!