Energy Burner

by Meghann on September 17, 2012

Goooodddd Morning!

My flight was delayed last night, so I didn’t get home until close to midnight (booooo!). Needless to say, getting up this morning at a decent hour was not very high on my priority list. I ended up sleeping in until Derek’s alarm went off at 7:00, then had just enough energy to take Maddie out to dispose of some of her energy. I guess spending an entire weekend laying on the couch with her Daddy didn’t tucker her out as much as it should have. ;)

I put my running shoes on and took Maddie out for a 3-mile run around the neighborhood. This run was all for Maddie’s benefit, so I took her lead and basically just followed her around our favorite loop. She jumped, she sniffed, she emptied her bladder (sometimes I think she must have as special reserve, especially after her 4th stop to mark her territory), and I made sure she burned up every last ounce of energy she had (high jumps are the best way to wear her down). At the end she was still going crazy for more, but tired mama was done.

When we came back, I made a quick breakfast of whole wheat toast topped with pumpkin, peanut butter, honey, granola, and raisins.

We’re out of fruit – a trip to the grocery store is definitely needed in the very near future.

I sort of let my email and comment replies slip over the weekend – my apologies! Time to play catch-up!

Have a great Monday everyone!

1 Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air September 17, 2012 at 11:22 am

Oh the glories of airline travel – or not!! Glad you got back safe and sound
Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air recently posted..My first vlog!

2 Allison September 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

Have a great Monday!
Allison recently posted..One Resolution Reached

3 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Happy Monday! I bet Maddie was thankful to burn off some energy with you!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..BodyMedia Fit Review

4 jayne rodgers September 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Ah, that is such a great breakfast! Granola on toast – never tried it but I know what I’m having tomorrow… :)
jayne rodgers recently posted..Carrotes Râpées

5 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 17, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Ohh pumpkin over toast, I LIKE it! What kind do you buy?
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Farmer’s Market Finds + Spaghetti Squash Recipe

6 Meghann September 18, 2012 at 10:10 am

I just buy the generic store brand pumpkin. Works for me. :)

7 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Ohh good, I’m glad you’re not fancy. ;)

8 Carissa @Fit2Flex September 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm

7am to me is still early even though I have to get up at 6 on weekdays. I still haven’t grown out of the college “sleep all day” mentality!
Carissa @Fit2Flex recently posted..Central Florida Bloggers Conference

9 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Love the PB and pumpkin combo — definitely a go-to fall-back love-you-more-than-I-should stand-by!! :)
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..MIMM — CrushED Edition

10 Emily N September 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm

my male dog also keeps a reserve. just in case someone new comes over and he needs to “submissive pee” at least, that is what the vet calls it! :)
Emily N recently posted..A Much Needed Day Off Work