Buffalo Chicken Tender Clone

by Meghann on September 13, 2012

It’s back!

Yay! Glee!

*commence school girl squeals*

So far I’m loving all the new characters (especially Marley since that’s my future niece’s lovely name) and I give mad props to Kate Hudson for her musical debut. I can’t wait to see where this new season goes. :)

Tonight’s dinner inspiration came from Saturday’s bridal shower.

Mary had linked to the yummy Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites recipe she made for the shower and clearly I couldn’t recreate it fast enough. Luckily the recipe was super easy and contained ingredients I already had on hand. You can check out yourself HERE.

I served mine with a side of roasted asparagus.

The bites were great. They had the great crunch and flavor of a buffalo chicken tender without all the grease or extra calories. I drizzled blue cheese dressing on mine and then went back for more buffalo sauce (next time I would add more to the recipe). This was a kid friendly (or picky adult friendly) meal that’s great for sneaking in a nice punch of protein.

Two dark chocolates for dessert.

My bag is all packed.

Time to get some sleep before my early flight in the morning.

Good night!

1 Stacey September 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Kate Hudson actually sang in the movie Nine. I never saw it, but I remember seeing a bunch of previews for it when it was at the theaters. I have not watched the new episode of Glee, but I am looking forward to it.

2 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I wish asparagus weren’t so gosh-darn expensive!! I definitely always steal a few when my Dad brings home a bunch … That’s a lie, I usually have half, and try to be sneaky about it. I don’t think he’s fooled in the least. haha
Safe travels!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Victory? (And the post that nearly died)

3 Becky @ runfundone September 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Aack! I’m watching the GLEE project on HULU (We don’t have cable). So I had to scroll through the picture so that I didn’t accidentally see who got picked!!! I LOVE GLEE!!!! And musical theater. And lots of fun stuff.
Becky @ runfundone recently posted..My pledge

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 13, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I didn’t know it had started again – I’m going to have to find the first episode!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Black Bean and Pork Stovetop Casserole.

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 14, 2012 at 8:31 am

those buffalo chicken bites look so good! Haha and I’m sure plenty of protein! I am so excited to watch Glee! Haha have to wait until it’s available on Hulu though!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..I can’t believe I’m saying this…

6 Emily September 14, 2012 at 8:36 am

4 bites is 109 calories. That is a very low calorie dinner – I would be hungry again in like 10 minutes.

7 Meghann September 17, 2012 at 9:02 am

Sorry – I should have mentioned I nixed the mini muffin pan and used a regular sized muffin pan instead so my “bites” were at least double (triple?) the size as the ones in the original recipe.

8 Leslie September 14, 2012 at 9:12 am

Ditto to what Emily said above. Did you make larger sized “bites”? That seems more like a snack than a nourishing, healthy dinner.

9 Meghann September 17, 2012 at 8:36 am

I made the “bites” in regular size muffin tins. I also doubled the original recipe to make enough for Derek and me.

10 Kristine September 14, 2012 at 10:15 am

Hey Meghann… that really everything you ate for dinner? It seems really low calorie. I am sure you get these comments pretty frequently, and I didn’t want to be one to comment on it, but this dinner/dessert just seems extra low to me!

11 Meghann September 17, 2012 at 9:04 am

The bites were made in a regular size muffin tin (not a mini as the original recipe suggests – to be honest I didn’t realize the recipe had suggested a mini until I read the comments in this post and went back to look, i had also doubled the original recipe). The “bite” were full of quinoa, chicken, bread crumbs, and egg so they were very filling in their regular muffin size. :) Plus, I haven’t been terribly hungry late. Not sure where my appetite has disappeared to, but it’s lacking.

12 Kristine September 14, 2012 at 10:15 am

oh, and I meant to add, have a great trip!

13 Courtney September 14, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’ve never been able to get into Glee! I kind of feel like I’m this lone Non-Glee’er …. off in a corner, watching old Sex and the City re runs. Haha :)
Courtney recently posted..Sweet Potato Paleo Brownies

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 14, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m so excited about the new season of Glee. I had dinner plans last night and was super bummed when my friend cancelled…until I remembered that Glee premiered last night, and cancelled dinner plans = time to watch Glee. Haha. I’m definitely a Marley fan, and I think I’ll really like Jake if he softens up a little bit.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

15 Katie September 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I stopped watching Glee last season because I wasn’t a fan of where it was going…but Kate Hudson being added to the cast has kind of drawn in my interest, I must say! I might be giving it a second chance to see her. 😉 And I was watching an interview with Kate recently and she mentioned that she was dancing and singing since childhood (guess she went to a performing arts school as a kid) – I guess it was a hidden talent that she’s breaking out now on Glee!
Katie recently posted..Get the look: a girly dress with a bomber jacket

16 Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh yum, those quinoa bites look so good and I have most of those ingredients on hand, too. Love it when that happens! :)
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut recently posted..Mental Health Check 1, 2, 3

17 Laura @ My Pink Thumb September 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Definitely LOVED te return of Glee last night!! Marley is a great character!
Laura @ My Pink Thumb recently posted..Breakfasts With Staying Power

18 Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Those look heavenly!! I need to try them. I’ve had a recipe pinned for awhile just haven’t gotten around to it. Thanks for the reminder!
Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer recently posted..Coffee Date!

19 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for linking to the recipe! I’ve been wanting to try those ever since you first mentioned them.. they sound so good!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Officially Responsible.