The Most Interesting Baby in the World

by Meghann on September 12, 2012

Coming off of this afternoon’s “Growing Up is Weird” post… I thought I’d share a baby announcement that was posted on Facebook today by one of my exes’ frat brothers (please note that I remember playing many games of flip cup with him and now he’s a dad <– so weird!)

He wasn’t born, he was summoned

When the Dr. slapped his ass, he countered and broke the Doc’s jaw

His ultrasound video has a Criterion Collection edition

If you engage him in baby talk, he will correct your grammar

He only drinks from bottles with pierced nipples

His handwritten review of a recent Sesame Street episode landed him a Pulitzer

When you play peekaboo with him, expect to lose

His bris will only make it appear larger

He’s already conducted his interview for Time Magazine’s 2013 Person of the Year

His birth simultaneously negates the Mayan Apocalypse

From now on, typing “Chuck Norris” will auto correct to “Baby Boy Name”

He’s compiling a hit-list of people who pinch his cheek

If you want to sing him a lullaby, he will demand full orchestral accompaniment

His baby monitor is under constant threat of CIA wire-taps

Fearing a 17 year long dry spell, the Pedobear has gone into early retirement

He is The Most Interesting Baby in the World!

Ha! Well, at least I know he hasn’t lost his sense of humor. I mean, if you’re going to have a baby announcement, at least make it a funny one. Balanced with an adorable newborn photo, of course. ;)

p.s. thanks for all the comments! good to know I’m not alone on the “weird” front. ;)

My smoothie and waffle kept me feeling really full this morning. So full that I didn’t end up eating lunch until close to 2:00 (I usually eat around 12:30!). Even then I was really only in a snacking mood.

Luckily I had some good food to snack on. I made a plate that consisted of pear slices

carrot sticks, hummus, cheese

tomato slices and leftover potato wedges.

It was a nice light meal, which was exactly what I was craving.

I had plans to attend swim practice this evening, but ended up bailing at the last minute when something came up (boooooo). Before I bailed, I had the foresight to prep dinner in the crock pot (assuming I wouldn’t be home until after 8:00) before I left.

After so many of you recommended crockpot365.blogspot.com on Monday, I ended up spending hours going through the site and pinning almost recipe she had (great crock pot blog by the way!). I reviewed all the pins this morning and decided to make Crock Pot Honey Lentils for dinner when I realized I already had the majority of ingredients on hand.

I exchanged the garbanzo beans for great northern and added some mushrooms to the pot that were on their last leg. Minor changes, really.

I topped the lentils with cheese and paired it with a slice of cornbread.

The honey lentils were delicious. Very hearty with a subtle sweetness thanks to the honey. I let mine cook a little longer than they should have, so they were kind of mushy, but I think I preferred them that way. If I were to make this again, I think I would sneak in a few more veggies, but that would be my only change. I give this dish two thumbs up!

I know my sister was looking for some great vegetarian crock pot dishes, I’ll have to move this one to the top of the list to share with her. :)

A piece of chocolate for dessert.

And now it’s time for bed.

Good night!

1 Courtney September 12, 2012 at 10:58 pm

SO FUNNY! I wish I was that witty! Damn baby.

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 12, 2012 at 11:22 pm

That might be one of the best baby announcements I’ve ever seen – that’s hilarious.

Love me a good snack lunch once in a while!

3 Annette @FitnessPerks September 13, 2012 at 12:09 am

I’m going to have to check that blog out!! Sounds delicious!

4 Becky @ runfundone September 13, 2012 at 1:15 am

Oh my goodness! I’m so excited about that recipe!!!

5 nicole September 13, 2012 at 1:19 am

LOL! Love the baby announcement. Just like the Dos Equies most interesting man in the world!

6 Army Amy* September 13, 2012 at 2:55 am

I’m

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 13, 2012 at 6:13 am

I saw those crockpot pins you put up, I need to check out that site! Haha my crockpot hasn’t been used in a year!

8 Sara @my less serious life September 13, 2012 at 6:38 am

i see a crock pot addict in the making!

9 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 13, 2012 at 7:03 am

Hands down, best baby announcement ever.

Also, I will be needing to try this recipe!

10 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 13, 2012 at 7:21 am

What an epic description of a child!! haha. Definitely wouldn’t want to meet that kid for a show down in a dark alley!
Going to be (1) checking out those crock pot recipes, and (2) passing the site along to my Mom (she’s a total crock pot addict!).

(Ps. Wow! Totally typed “crack pot addict” by accident and nearly hit submit … I should maybe go back to bed for a little bit longer. haha)

11 Candice September 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I think it is time for me to invest in a Crockpot, yes?

12 Laura September 13, 2012 at 10:08 am

I am loving this recipe blog you just shared. YUM!

13 Emily N September 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

Thanks for the link to that blog! Crock pot meals are SO EASY and I really do need to make the more often!

14 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 13, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I didn’t know about that blog for crockpot recipes. I will definitely be checking it out!

15 Stephanie ODea September 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’m so happy you enjoyed the Honey Lentils! We really loved them a lot, too.
I hope you’re having a good day, and thank you for making mine. :-)

16 Caitlin September 13, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I really like your snacking plate! I need to do those more often. They’re hard to have for lunch when I go to work and pack my food. It’s so easy to pack a container with my salad beast each day!
Love the idea of making lentils in the crockpot. Def suggesting it to my madre.

17 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 13, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Seeing everyone in the blog world bust out their crockpots is making me really want to do the same this weekend!