Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese

by Meghann on September 10, 2012

Too bad it’s still 90+ degrees outside because I’ve really been craving good old-fashioned comfort food lately. Grilled sandwiches and hot soup – yes, please!

Though last night’s sweet potato and bacon soup was still delicious when reheated today…

It was the grilled cheese that was the clear winner in this meal.

My secret? Three different types of cheese.

Provolone. Ricotta. Feta.

Sandwiched between two slices of whole wheat bread with a little spinach and grilled to perfection.

Ain’t nothin’ better.

I updated the wedding page today. Check out which custom wedding trinket arrived on our doorsteps over the weekend.

What food are you currently craving?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life September 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Bagel! That’s why I drove to Panera from work to get one, loL!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..The Treadmill Diaries.

2 Annette @FitnessPerks September 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Oh that does sound good! I LOVE feta. So much.

I currently am craving lots of cream cheese & whole wheat bagels, spinach smoothies, & watermelon.
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Fab Weekend + Vega On The Go

3 Kaitlyn - @runkaitrun September 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

oh wow that looks phenomenal. gonna have to try that out!
Kaitlyn – @runkaitrun recently posted..Taper Weeks Are Boring

4 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’ve actually never tried a multi-cheese grilled cheese before, but it certainly sounds pretty good!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Sunday Funday

5 RunInBoise September 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I have totally been on a grilled cheese kick this past week. I never thought of using feta for my sandwiches. I might have to try that.
RunInBoise recently posted..Almost Had It Done!

6 Katie @ running4cupcakes September 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I am totally going to steal that 3 cheese idea for dinner tonight – grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. YUM! I am craving/loving chocolate chip cookies that my sister and I made this weekend. :)
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend update: 9/11/12

7 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Unfortunately for the lactose intolerant girl that I am, I’m craving all kinds of milk-ful things. I’d kill for some soft serve ice cream or froyo right now … Or a really great true grilled cheese. Or spinach salad with strawberries and walnuts and goat cheese … :(
However, I’m also craving Teddy Grahams, of which I have a whole bunch in my cupboard. And a nut butter (can’t decide between PB and almond right now) banana boat with warm cinnamon apple on the side, which I’m planning on for bedtime snack tonight. So that’s excellent news!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Sunday Smiles Make for a MIMM!

8 Courtney September 10, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Yummm this looks delicious!!
Courtney recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday #5

9 BroccoliHut September 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Delish! I love mixing cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches–will have to try your combo ASAP.
Glad I’m not the only one who uses my George Foreman for grilled cheese :)
BroccoliHut recently posted..This or That

10 Danielle @ A Sense of Balance September 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

There is nothing better than a grilled cheese and a bowl of tomato soup on a cool fall day. My favorite is smoked gouda, bacon, and thin sliced granny smith apples on a heart whole wheat bread. That sounds like it needs to make an appearance on my weekend menu!
Danielle @ A Sense of Balance recently posted..Wellness Challenge – Day 1

11 Kashi @ Cape Island Runners September 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

The first wave of fall showed up yesterday, making it feel awesome out and making me crave pumpkin-flavored things and apple cider! Love it!
Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..Race Report – 2010 Philly Half-Marathon

12 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 10, 2012 at 8:10 pm

that grilled cheese looks awesome! I am loving your recipes! (:
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..The Secret of a K-Cup

13 Donna Spears September 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm

This looks really good to me..
Perfect for winter.
Currently, I am craving for my mom’s blueberry cupcake.
Donna Spears recently posted..Transform Your Lifestyle with Timber Folding Doors

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Never thought to put feta on a grilled cheese – pretty brilliant!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Post Where I Talk About School.

15 Candice September 11, 2012 at 11:02 am

Grilled Cheese is one of my major obsessions. Add in some tomato soup and I’m in heaven.
Candice recently posted..Bucky does NYC and I’m a Sweat Pink Ambassador!

16 Emily N September 11, 2012 at 11:33 am

Soup and grilled cheese sounds AMAZING right now…
Emily N recently posted..Tempo & Shoe Retirement

17 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Grilled cheese and soup, such a comforting meal!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..15 Questions