more ยป" />

Slumber Party

by Meghann on September 9, 2012

Good Morning! (afternoon?)

I think I’m still recovering from the shock of yesterday’s surprise bridal shower. There’s a smile on my face that won’t seem to fade.

Pure happiness. :)

At one point during the shower I asked my sister and sister-in-law if they were staying in Tampa that night. They said they were hoping to stay at my place – OF COURSE! Slumber party at the Anderson-Russell house!

We didn’t paint our nails, give each other facials, or freeze our bras, but we did order pizza, watch a cheesy movie, and enjoyed a few hours of “girl talk.”

IMG_0622.JPG IMG_0625.JPG

Anthony’s Coal Fired PIzza with sweet peppers and onions – ’twas delicious.

The movie was This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and the guy that played Bane on Dark Knight Rises.

This Means War.jpeg

Can I just take a minute to talk about how hot Tom Hardy (aka Bane) is? It was worth watching the movie just to see him in his sexy, British-accent glory. Mama like!

tom-hardy-this-means-war-still-10.jpeg

The rest of the movie was just okay. Predictable and a little over the top, but definitely made us laugh and kept us entertained.

I stayed up writing my shower post, then passed out around midnight. We had a pretty bad thunderstorm roll in early this morning, which sent poor Maddie into a tailspin. The thunder was bad (even scaring me!), so I had to get up and wrap her in a blanket and hug her tight to calm her down. I ended up dozing off for a few more hours after that and couldn’t believe the clock was blinking “10:00am” the next time I opened my eyes.

I walked out of the bedroom and found Kelly and Ashley at the kitchen table.

“Is it really 10:00?!”

“Yep”

They had slept in too, only waking up about 15 minutes before I had. I guess all our bodies were really craving sleep.

We got to work in the kitchen making waffles using this recipe Kelly found online.

The waffle were simple, yet delicious. I served mine with fresh figs and a little Chobani yogurt.

Totally hit the spot.

After breakfast Kelly and Ashley had to hit the road. So happy i got to spend an unexpected weekend with my sisters!

Love them!

It’s still raining, but we’re hoping to squeeze a few errands in today.

Hope the sun is shining where you are!

1 Emily N September 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Sun is shining here in Ohio! But since it is NFL Sunday, we are in the basement watching football and NOT enjoying the sun!

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 9, 2012 at 1:42 pm

We had a thunderstorm last night as well but I’d say not as bad. I definitely found it relaxing and soothing (but maybe that’s also because I haven’t had thunderstorms for 3 years). My only disappointment was needing to shut my window to keep the rain from pouring in – I didn’t want to muffle the noise! (Maybe I’m weird) ;)

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I cannot remember the last time I slept that late, you must have really needed it! I’m glad you had a great evening with your sister and sister in law!

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’m glad to see that you’re a “sleep in a t shirt” kind of girl. I could never be the girl who owns pairs upon pairs of cute pj’s. It’s just not me. :)

5 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 9, 2012 at 2:15 pm

We had a huge thunderstorm roll through here yesterday, and it looks like another might be in coming in the afternoon, but it might just miss us. It has been TOO long since I had waffles — going to have to rectify that ASAP!! Love the spontaneous sleepover! :)

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 9, 2012 at 3:19 pm

It’s kinda chilly out, but the sun is shining! Makes it feel more fall-like. :-)

7 amyt September 9, 2012 at 3:26 pm

It’s gloomy in my part of FL…..we had some bad storms in the early hours of the morning, lightning was bad!

8 Kathy September 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm

What a fun “Surprise Getaway” or “Surprise Showerway” …sun is shining and light cool breeze here…perfect in my mind.

9 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 9, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Whenever I get together with my sister and we sleep in the same house (on vacation or something) it always feel like a sleepover too, just like old times! Only difference is we drink wine instead of soda now…haha

10 Elisabeth September 9, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I saw This Means War at the theatre and actually loved it – Chris Pine & Tom Hardy make it totally worth it ;)

11 Laura September 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago. It was pretty funny!

12 Sara September 10, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Why did you call him “that guy who played Bane” if you clearly knew what his name was in the next paragraph? He was also in Inception and a few other great movies, FYI.