Tune-Up

by Meghann on September 7, 2012

My bike Blue was looking a little, well, blue so I dropped him off for a tune-up this morning.

bike.jpeg

Poor guy needed it, too. Not only was the attachment plate that connects the pedal to the bike (or what ever it’s called) loose, but we were able to figure out why I’ve popped 4 rear tire tubes in the last month. This whole time I figured it was just the fact that I was leaving my bike in my hot car, when in reality the inside strip of felt had warped and exposed the tire rivets to the tube. It took the guy less than 2 minutes to replace the felt and change the tube – problem solved!

Let this serve as a reminder to anyone who is due for a tune-up – don’t delay! Take the bike in, you’ll be so happy you did! Plus, Blue always comes back so shiny when it’s done. Almost like bringing a dog to the groomers. ;)

I had a few more errands to run today, so when lunch time rolled around, I stopped in at Fresh Market and just ate in my car.

They had a smokey ham, fig, and gruyere cheese panini on special. It was delicious, but a little buttery for my taste. However, that wouldn’t stop me from ordering it again. ;)

I also had a red plum and a few veggie chips.

IMG_0181.JPG I may or may not have sat in my car to eat lunch so I could finish listening to Catching Fire. Holy cannoli! What an ending! I’m not sure I can download the third book fast enough!!! ;)
Question: I volunteered to bring the dessert for a Mexican fiesta tonight. What should I make?!

1 Anne September 7, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Flan

2 Natalie September 7, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh!! I just pinned a Mango Tres Leches Cake a little while ago. It looks amazing and would be perfect for a Mexican dinner!

3 Juli D. September 7, 2012 at 3:11 pm

For a Cinco de Mayo party, I made Sopapilla Cheesecake found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sopapilla-cheesecake-pie/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=sopapilla%20cheesecake&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page
Simple recipe and tasty – it was gone within 30 minutes of my arrival!

4 LizP September 7, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I 2nd sopapilla cheesecake…easy and always a crowd pleaser!!! :)

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 7, 2012 at 3:13 pm

lol fried ice cream? Haha that might be difficult. I don’t really know any mexican desserts? Margaritas? ha
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Ninja Belt

6 Lindsay September 7, 2012 at 3:14 pm

churros! duh!

7 Steph September 7, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Tres leches cake! My all time favorite and super easy to make- even if you go the box route!

8 Tabitha September 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm

sopapilla cheesecake!

9 Chelsea L. September 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I was about to post a recipe for sopapilla cheesecake bars, thinking it was original-ish, and then read everyone else’s comments – looks like they’re more popular than I knew!

Here’s a recipe for them: http://bunsinmyoven.com/2012/08/22/sopapilla-cheesecake-bars/

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 7, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I took my roadbike into the local shop for a tune-up this week, too! ‘Tis the season. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Seven Things

11 Erin September 7, 2012 at 3:57 pm

fruit cups with lime, salt, and chili powder…maybe even some shredded coconut. If you’re lucky they might sell ‘sal limon’ in your area- ( lime shttp://www.redbubble.com/people/xim0ex/works/7116448-sal-de-limon-lemon-saltalt)

12 Hope September 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Definitely flan!!!

13 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Mexican wedding cookies or Tres Leche cake would be my pick!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..5 Factor Fitness

14 Annette @FitnessPerks September 7, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Tres leche cake!

I know-wasn’t catching fire intense?!?
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Food Thoughts on a Friday

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 7, 2012 at 5:08 pm

When I think of Mexican desserts, I think of Churros, fried ice cream, and mexican hot chocolate…pretty sure that was no help! Sorry…haha
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Yogi of the Month!

16 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Those veggie chips are my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE!! I simply CANNOT get over how amazing they are!!
Thanks for reminding me that my bike needs to make its way in for a tune-up. I probably should have done it a month ago … poor thing is looking neglected. :( You’re right about it looking all shiny and happy when you take it home though!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Friday Favourites — A week of little sleep and many comforts

17 Kelly September 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Mexican chocolate cake only in cupcake form. Basically you add cayanne pepper to a chocolate cake. It’s super good! I made it for Christmas last year and couldn’t get enough.

18 RunEatRepeat September 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Churros but those are hard. Option B: scrappy Bunuellos – just fry up flour tortillas and then dip in cinnamon sugar.
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Ben’s Special Day

19 Jody September 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Definitely sopapillas!!

20 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

looks like a delicious lunch! and i LOVED the hunger games series! the first book was my favorite but the other two are definitely good.
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Bangs! {& Homemade Vitality Bowl Recipe}

21 Haley September 7, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I’m probably responding too late, but I just made “Cheater Churros” yesterday! Super easy, not fried, and quite the hit. Just four ingredients: puff pastry, cinnamon, sugar, butter. Here’s the recipe: http://www.lovintheoven.com/2012/03/baked-cheater-churros.html

22 Simone September 7, 2012 at 7:58 pm

anything with chocolate!
Simone recently posted..muffin, hold the muffin top

23 Laura September 7, 2012 at 10:59 pm

A) that panini looks relish
B) your bike is making me think about the fact that i wanted to run at the park this weekend and now I can’t (way to sick) :(

Happy weekend!
Laura recently posted..High Five For Friday

24 Laura September 7, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Haha… and by relish I meant DELISH* stupid Mac book auto correct…
Laura recently posted..High Five For Friday

25 Meghann September 10, 2012 at 10:54 am

ha! I was wondering hot to interprut “relish” in relation to the sandwich for a minute. Could mean good or bad. :)

26 amyt September 8, 2012 at 9:53 am

LOVED the Hunger Games series….the first and second books I could not put down…..the 3rd took me a little longer. I did not like how it ended :-( It was like all the sudden, she was tired of writing – you’ll see what I mean. I was like really?!?! I ‘liked’ the ending, just not how it was written (hope that makes sense). Can’t wait to see what you think.

27 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner September 8, 2012 at 10:24 am

I wanted to make these for my last Mexican fiesta, until I found out someone else was making dessert: Mexican Brownies with Apricot-Ancho filling and Dark Chocolate Ganache. I haven’t made them yet, but with those flavors, how could you go wrong? Have fun!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Busy as a Bee

28 Fancy September 8, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hey Meghann! What brand of veggie chips are those??? They look amazing!

29 Meghann September 10, 2012 at 10:56 am

They’re from the bulk bin at Fresh Market.