Cold Apples

by Meghann on September 6, 2012

Gym time!

20120906_075726.jpg

Well, technically this morning was gym time. I knocked out a steep 15 minute walk on the treadmill and workout B from “The Wedding Workout.” Felt good to get out there!

P.S. really digging having my workout saved on my Google Drive app on my phone. It’s really easy to pull up and plug in all my information as I go.

Screen shot 2012-09-06 at 9.38.20 AM.png

*side note about Google Drive: I also discovered I could upload photos directly from my phone to Google Drive, which makes it about 10 times easier to retrieve photos from my phone instead of emailing them to myself as I’ve done in the past. Also, I have no connection with Google or Google Drive besides the fact I’m a fan of what Google Drive now has to offer.

Unfortunately I was totally distracted during my workout; listening to Catching Fire on my ipod the entire time. The second book in the Hunger Games series is SO GOOD. I’ve just reached the part where all the tributes are back in the arena and I’m pulling my hair out trying to figure out how they are going to survive this one. Feels like everything is just a ticking time bomb and I’m waiting patiently to see how it’s going to explode.

I plugged the ipod in my car stereo to listen to the book on the ride home, then I put my headphones back in to keep listening while I made breakfast and started prepping for my day. Poor Derek wasn’t a fan of how zoned out I was with the book, he suggested we make a rule – no headphones allowed at the breakfast table – then he got Maddie on his side and had her pawing at the headphone cords to try and remove them. He made me laugh with his sad puppy dog pay-attention-to-me face. :)

I started cutting up an apple with the intentions of making hot apples for breakfast, but the cold, crisp apple seemed more appealing just as it was. So i kept the apple cold, sprinkled on some cinnamon, and topped the apple with granola, yogurt, and almond butter.

Such a refreshing, delicious breakfast. Perfect on a hot summer day!

Can you believe it’s Thursday already? Got to love a short week!

Laters!

1 Yellow Haired Girl September 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

Ooooh that’s such a great part of the book! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..First Fall WIAW

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 6, 2012 at 10:30 am

I still need to start reading the Hunger Games, maybe I should do the audio book while I work out too. I’ve never tried that before and it might just be something I enjoy.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Road Home

3 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:14 pm

It’s all good until I find myself listening to the book while laying on the couch and staring in space. Still better than watching the tv, I guess. :)

4 Emily N September 6, 2012 at 10:43 am

Glad you are loving hunger games as much as I did! Are you using audible.com to get your books? I am starting to explore my options because I am thinking about listening during long runs… what are your thoughts?
Emily N recently posted..Experimenting with my Running

5 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I use iTunes, but all of the books are produced by audible.com. I know you can get them from your library too, but you have to be patient and wait for them to become available and I am not patient at all. :) I love listening to books on long runs. You want to keep running because you don’t want to stop listening (if it’s a good book!)

6 Emily N September 7, 2012 at 6:48 am

I was looking on itunes, but it seemed like they were really pricey there, and I had no interest in paying $25-ish for a book!
Emily N recently posted..No Watch Thursday

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 6, 2012 at 10:47 am

The second book made me so angry at first, I was like seriously?!??! Back in the arena????
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

8 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 6, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Word. I thought that was a cheap way to add drama. I got way more into it as the book continued, but I wasn’t a fan of that part.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

9 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Same thoughts were going through my head, but I could see why they did it and I can see how it’s backfiring on them. Really bad move by the Capitol.

10 Melanie September 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

The entire Hunger Games trilogy is fantastic! When I got to the end of the 3rd book I was so the story was over! The arena is book 2 is so different from the first too! Enjoy!

Oh and can’t wait for the movie next year!

11 Christine September 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I’m not the most techno savvy person out there…. but I love using Google Drive on my smart phone. How do you upload photos from your phone to Google Drive?

12 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I have the Samsung Galaxy s3 (droid) and I just select the “Google Drive” option in the “share” tab at the top of the photo in gallery mode. (if that makes any sense at all :/)

13 Christine September 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

That totally makes sense…. thanks! I’ll have to try it out.

14 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Awesome! I was afraid you would have an iphone and that would make no sense at all. :)

15 Annette @FitnessPerks September 6, 2012 at 1:37 pm

YAY! Love Hunger Games–such a good read! The 2nd and 3rd books are great too-can’t wait for the movie!

I’m not a fan of listening to books while doing weight workouts–but def for cardio!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..What Happens To Your Brain During Exercise

16 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I cannot believe you just referred to the arena as a ticking time bomb. If you don’t understand this comment already, you will soon :)
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Love those books! It’s been a while since I read them though…I’m thinking a reread is necessary in the future.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Things on a Thursday.

18 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 6, 2012 at 3:20 pm

All of the Hunger Games books are *so* good! I read the trilogy last year when I studied abroad in London, and I recently reread all three–in two days!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Seven Things

19 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Looks like a delicious breakfast! And Catching Fire is pretty addictive, can’t blame you for wanting to keep your headphones on for that one! I think it’s interesting that you said everything is a “ticking” time bomb…you’ll find out why soon! :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..First Day of Grad School!

20 Cathy September 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

What is a prisoner squat?

21 Meghann September 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm
22 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 6, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I’ve been listening to the Hunger Games audiobooks at work this week — I deeply loved the books, so it’s been really helping to pass the time well (it’s been pretty slow on the night shift this week). But there are definitely times when the phone rings and I have to interrupt an exciting part that I’m SO not a fan of!! Totally with you on wanting to be plugged into it 24/7! So addictive!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Thursday Thoughts … Middle of the Night