4 months? We ONLY have 4 months? Crap.
At 4 months out, we have…
- The venue
- A caterer
- My dress
- My veil
- My “Somethings”
- Bridesmaid dresses
- A flower girl (our niece)
- The guest list
- A Wedding Website (here’s a tour of it!)
- Engagement photos
- The photographer
- Wedding registries
- Hotel room block
- The cake cutter (my parents)
- A cake plan
- A DIY flower plan
- Brother Jack
- First dance song
- Mother/Son song (keeping it a secret until the big day!)
- Hair person (same one that did my sister’s wedding)
- Make-up person (same one that did my sister and SIL’s wedding)
- A date for the Bridal Shower/ Bachelorette Party! (so excited about this one!)
- Bachelor party is booked!
- Toasting flutes
- My wedding band
Stuff currently “in the works”
- DJ <— REALLY need to get on this
- Videographer <– playing phone tag with one
- cowgirl boots + cardigans for bridesmaids
- Derek’s wedding band <– how much do you want to bet this is a last minute purchase?
- Location for rehearsal dinner <— Derek’s parents working on this.
- To book the honeymoon <— Derek’s job
- Cake Topper <– ordered one from etsy, waiting for it to arrive to share details
- Invitations <– in the process of having a friend design them
- Flower girl dress <– still not sure what I want, but I am looking
- Something for the flower girl to carry <– my grandpa is working on this
And here’s what we still need (thinking long term here):
- Songs for: ceremony, introductions, father/daughter dance
- Chair rentals (for ceremony)
- Bridesmaid gifts
- Groomsmen gifts (tie + ?)
- Gifts for parents
- Ceremony script
- Day-of timelines
- Center pieces (have an idea. need to connect with my aunt again)
- Programs? (I’m liking the chalkboard idea for this one)
- Creative seating chart (ideas?)
- Dessert bar (double as favors)
- Alcohol (caterer is supplying the bartender)
- Navy shoes
- Marriage license (this is a month out task)
- Find someone to do alterations on bridal gown (any leads on someone in Titusville?)
- Reserve shuttle service between hotel and wedding site
- …and ????? I’m sure I’m leaving a few things off here
I really enjoy these monthly check-ins. Mainly because they remind me of all the little things I still need to do. August was a good month in the wedding-planning department: my bridesmaids finally got their dresses, the suits for the groomsmen and groom have all been ordered, I have a wedding band, we’ve started working with a graphic designer about our wedding invitations, and my sister set a date for the bridal/ bachelorette festivities (woo hoo!). But I feel like that’s just a drop in the bucket for the stuff that still needs to get done. Gulp.
How do people plan weddings in such short time spans? I gave myself a year and I’m still sweating bullets thinking of all the stuff that needs to get done before the wedding. I’m also realizing how quickly everything is going to fly by. It’s safe to say that both Derek and I are pretty much booked solid every weekend until the wedding. Thankfully Healthy Living Summit is over now so I have a little more time to work on wedding details.
We’re closing in and people are starting to question wedding details that I’m still thinking about. When does the rehearsal start? ummm… no idea. Where are the guys staying the night before the wedding? hmm… should probably look into that. Where are you going on your honeymoon? Good question! I would like to know the answer to that too. 😉 I guess that means I should probably start gathering up all those answers now.
We still have 4 months and when I think about all the big events between now and then (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) I start to calm down a bit. One thing at a time. One thing at a time.
How did you feel when you were 4 months out?