For all the…

by Meghann on September 4, 2012

For all the Pumpkin Spice Latte lovers out there…

Screen shot 2012-09-04 at 9.29.14 PM.png

$5 for $10 Starbucks deal on livingsocial right now. Get them before they’re gone!

For all the Olympic lovers out there…

Screen shot 2012-09-04 at 9.32.08 PM.png

Don’t even get me started on the lack of Paralympic coverage out there right now, but at least they had something on tv tonight. Derek and I watched the hour-long highlights segment that NBC Sports Network aired tonight; talk about inspiration! All of the athletes were incredible, I just wish there had been more background information on the athletes like they did for the other Olympic athletes a couple of weeks ago. I would love to hear more about their stories and how they got to where they are.

If you missed it, they have a few more highlight shows scheduled to air Sept. 5 at 7:30p, Sept. 6 at 7p, and Sept. 11 at 7p EDT.

For all the dinner lovers out there…

I made Bobby Flay’s Salmon with Brown Sugar and Honey Mustard Glaze for dinner tonight. Only I baked the salmon instead of grilling it. Pretty tasty. I used spicy mustard, so it had a nice sweet and spicy twist to it.

The potatoes went in the oven before the salmon and finished cooking with it.

The green beans steamed on the stove top.

For all the chocolate lovers out there…

Theo dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. Yum.

For all the sleepers out there…

Good Night!

1 Christine @ BookishlyB September 4, 2012 at 10:22 pm

The lack of coverage is pretty pathetic, especially considering how much interest there was in Pistorius’ story during the Olympics. Cue tirade on advertisers, money, and network TV.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Because I Need Another Hobby

2 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 4, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I just got the email from starbucks about that awesome deal and bought it! I’m going to go get my first pumpkin spice latte tomorrow! (:
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..My First WOD

3 emily September 4, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Thank you, thank you for the LS heads up! My deal is purchased and waiting for my next coffee fix!
emily recently posted..[Food] For Thought

4 Sana September 4, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Thanks for linking to the deal :)
Sana recently posted..Day 3 Do you take any vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones and why?

5 Ellie September 4, 2012 at 10:45 pm

OMG I can’t wait to get a pumpkin spice latte! LOVE- Plus I love fall- I just cannot wait to wear fall cloths
Ellie recently posted..Future Academic

6 Meghan September 4, 2012 at 10:47 pm

You should keep an eye out for my friend Anjali Forber-Pratt. She’s an amazing athlete who just earned her PhD, on top of being an elite wheelchair racer. She has the 200m and 400m coming up this week.

7 Meghann September 5, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thanks! I will!

8 Ashley Y September 4, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I went to high school with one of the Paralympic swimmers. He was a year below me, but was always an amazing swimmer. His name is Cody Bureau and this is his 3rd Paralympics. He lost part of his left arm when he was younger in a farming accident (string wrapped around his wrist got caught on a tractor wheel). He is quite the inspiration!

9 Laura September 4, 2012 at 11:36 pm

HAHA small world. I had salmon tonight also! And I’m a huge fan of anything pumpkin flavored in the fall :) yum thanks for the link!
Laura recently posted..Just Do It

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 5, 2012 at 7:05 am

I’m excited for all of the pumpkin things this fall. I actually don’t like the Pumpkin Lattes from Starbucks. I think they are a bit too sweet for my liking. I wish I liked them though.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Man’s Best Friend…

11 Meghann September 5, 2012 at 10:43 am

I always request one pump of the pumpkin syrup instead of three. That tones down the sweetness, but still leave the yummy pumpkin flavor.

12 Allie September 5, 2012 at 7:09 am

I jumped on that Starbucks giftcard! I LOVE the pumpkin spice lattes! I am just one person shy of getting mine free, hopefully I get one more person to buy today!
Allie recently posted..On a Pontoon..

13 Candice September 5, 2012 at 8:57 am

I bought the Starbucks deal as well. So pumped!
Candice recently posted..Ways to Workout for FREE

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

I didn’t even know the Paralympics were happening?! Granted I don’t have a TV…

15 Meghann September 5, 2012 at 10:46 am

They started last week. You can follow the U.S. Paralympic team on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/usparalympics

16 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 5, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ooh. Chocolate with almonds and sea salt — you’ve definitely piqued my interest there!!
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Officially a Runner!

17 Jessica @ Keeping Mommy Sane September 5, 2012 at 12:12 pm

This just made my day! Thanks so much for sharing. I heart pumpkin spice lattes (although I think the gingerbread ones around the holidays are my favorite).

18 Taylor September 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for the link to the Starbucks deal! I’m sure they would appreciate knowing the extra business you gave them :)

19 Emily N September 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I need to eat more salmon. That looks awesome!
Also – I need more sleep. Thanks for the reminder.
Emily N recently posted..Experimenting with my Running

20 Jessica @jessicafarrulla.com September 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for posting the Starbucks deal! :) Just bought one & posted it on my facebook page too.

21 Kelli Danielski September 5, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Thanks for mentioning tha Paralympics on your blog!! I am in London right now cheering for my boyfriend, who plays on Team USA wheelchair basketball. We play tomorrow at 7pm (1pm central time) and it will be streamed live if anyone wants to catch it :)

22 Meghann September 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm

That’s awesome! Good luck to your boyfriend!